I've been feeling distant from my deity.

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
gentlelamb

I've been feeling distant from my deity.

Post by gentlelamb »

I'm a follower of Nyx and lately I've been feeling really distant from her. I don't know if I'm just not looking hard enough or if I did something to make her mad but I haven't been sensing her as much as I did when I first started working with her. I mean, I've been busy and stuff but I try to keep praying and writing to her and I talk to her almost every day.

Is talking to her every day the problem? Does she need her space? I really could use some advice on how to interact with her. I heard it's best to contact her on monday nights so tonight I'm gonna cast a circle (the best kind I can with only one candle since my mom took away my other ones) and try and meditate for some kind of sign from her.
creativemind243

Re: I've been feeling distant from my deity.

Post by creativemind243 »

Perhaps you could try leaving offerings to her. But then again, I've heard from many people that sometimes, when they feel that you've learned all you can from them, they'll move on so that you can continue to grow and learn. Now, that might not be the case here (as I'm certainly no expert on any of this), but perhaps it is something to think or meditate about.
There is a battle of two wolves inside us; one is evil, It is jealousy, greed, and lies. The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, kindness, and truth. The one that wins?
The one you feed.
Wanderer022

Re: I've been feeling distant from my deity.

Post by Wanderer022 »

Perhaps it's not something you did, maybe She just feels you don't need Her anymore? I kind of believe certain deities come to us when They have something we need. For instance, a while ago I followed Aphrodite. I think She came to me because of my self esteem issues. (Goddess of love and beauty afterall) But since She's left me. I don't know if it's because she gave up (Lol) or if She felt I needed something more She couldn't give. Now back with me, is the very first Goddess I saw. I still have no idea who She is.

I don't think you should feel concerned. Perhaps someone else will take Her place soon.
"Wandering re-establishes the perfect harmony that once existed between man and the universe."

Blessed be *

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”