What I believe (let me know what you think)

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Dr_Sir

What I believe (let me know what you think)

Post by Dr_Sir »

As I'm incredibly new to the concept of Wicca and paganism I think I should see if my concept of deities parallels with some paths/ other eclectics

So up until about 3 weeks ago I was outright rejective of all spirituality and religion. the cynical atheist
however currently I still believe I am an atheist, someone that does not believe in deities. HUMOUR ME

So my concept of a god is not a divine being sitting on a throne in a higher realm. that, unfortunately, is idea I just can't get behind. however I do believe that gods are/where humans attempts to understand the energy of the universe by trying to put an identity that they can understand. and their name, be it Rah or Odin, carries the energy of all those who worshipped them before us.

Just thought I should do a brain dump and see what others think
missionaries dismiss me for my single epiphany
The diff between him and me is a simple sip of British Tea!
So when times are hard and life is rough,
You can stick the kettle on and find me a cup
Myrth

Re: What I believe (let me know what you think)

Post by Myrth »

You sound like you may be a pantheist, which can include atheism, as opposed to a panentheist. I am typing on my cell phone so rather than type out the definitions, I would just suggest you Google pantheist and pantheism and see if you agree?
Myrth
Dr_Sir

Post by Dr_Sir »

@Myrth Thanks a lot. I'll have a look :D
Becks

Post by Becks »

I think you may also like reading into concepts like thought forms and servitors.
Dr_Sir

Post by Dr_Sir »

@Becks I'll look into it. Thanks for replying :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I look at everything as being an extension/manifestation of the energy of the all. I have deities that I work with, who have identified themselves to me by the names that they were given long ago.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Dr_Sir

Post by Dr_Sir »

SnowCat wrote:who have identified themselves to me by the names that they were given long ago.
Snow
How did they do this? Sounds like a good story to tell :D
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Are you referring to something like thought forms or tulpas? I know at least one atheist who believes this is how people conceptualize gods. Wicca, at least in trad, is based on practice. One could therefore, technically be a Wiccan and atheist. I have seen a website where this was the case many moons ago.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Dr_Sir

Post by Dr_Sir »

Lady_Lilith wrote:Are you referring to something like thought forms or tulpas? I know at least one atheist who believes this is how people conceptualize gods. Wicca, at least in trad, is based on practice. One could therefore, technically be a Wiccan and atheist. I have seen a website where this was the case many moons ago.
Simply put, I don't think the gods are sentient beings living in a higher realm, but rather interpretations of energy by different cultures, I'm still learning what I believe exactly so this is subject to change, however I can say with a good degree of certainty that I will never hold deities in the traditional sense.
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

Dr_Sir wrote:
Lady_Lilith wrote:Are you referring to something like thought forms or tulpas? I know at least one atheist who believes this is how people conceptualize gods. Wicca, at least in trad, is based on practice. One could therefore, technically be a Wiccan and atheist. I have seen a website where this was the case many moons ago.
Simply put, I don't think the gods are sentient beings living in a higher realm, but rather interpretations of energy by different cultures, I'm still learning what I believe exactly so this is subject to change, however I can say with a good degree of certainty that I will never hold deities in the traditional sense.
With your beliefs about energy, I think you are wise to pursue Reiki. It is not only healing, but about spiritual growth. I believe you will find it to be an immense help on your journey. If you can manage it, an in person attunement is best.
Myrth
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Dr_Sir wrote:
I definitely think that your beliefs can still work in a Wiccan or Neopagan paradigm, if you choose to pursue it.

I would research tulpas, thought forms, chaos magick, and eregores. (May have misspelled that last one.) They're very thought provoking. I believe they exist myself, just not to the degree a lot of people do.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Dr_Sir

Post by Dr_Sir »

Lady_Lilith wrote:
I would research tulpas, thought forms, chaos magick, and eregores. (May have misspelled that last one.) They're very thought provoking. I believe they exist myself, just not to the degree a lot of people do.
Thanks! I'll look into it!
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Hello! Don't feel the need to put yourself in a box or give yourself a label, your path is your path and meant for you alone. That said, I see the pantheism coming forward in your intro. But, the fact that you can grasp the idea of the energy of the universe coming forward in a way that humans can understand or represents other aspects of nature and humanity makes you very "pagan" in my opinion. I think you have found a wonderful forum and if you look and read some old posts, read some new posts, you'll find some really great information and discussion to help you navigate your path. Good lucks and welcome here!

Rosie
Dr_Sir

Post by Dr_Sir »

RosieMoonflower wrote:Hello! Don't feel the need to put yourself in a box or give yourself a label, your path is your path and meant for you alone.
Thanks Rosie

the sheer number of different paths is quite daunting, you helped a lot :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Dr_Sir wrote:
SnowCat wrote:who have identified themselves to me by the names that they were given long ago.
Snow
How did they do this? sounds like a good story to tell :D
When Bast appeared to me, she identified herself as Bast. It's akin to one of them walking up and introducing him or herself.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”