Curious About Sumerian Deities?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
creativemind243

Curious About Sumerian Deities?

Post by creativemind243 »

Hello there! I'm wondering if anyone has any sort of experience working with Sumerian Deities? What are they like? Where can I find more information about them?

Thanks to all of you in advance! :D
There is a battle of two wolves inside us; one is evil, It is jealousy, greed, and lies. The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, kindness, and truth. The one that wins?
The one you feed.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Re: Curious About Sumerian Deities?

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Hi. Most of my experiences is with Ishtar/Inanna where she evolved into Aphrodite, and much later Isis. They have been fairly good and mostly dealing with love and fate. Ishtar is a complex goddess even in just Sumerian and Babylonian contexts.

I had little experiences with the others, mostly Enlil and they have been positve. I have worked with Lilitu-Lilith extensively, I guess that's a given by my name. I wouldn't even mind working with Lamashtu, though not benevolent.

For more information check out here: http://www.myths.com/pub/myths/sumer-faq.html

I also run a Mesopotamian focused blog here: http://ishtargates.tumblr.com/
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
creativemind243

Re: Curious About Sumerian Deities?

Post by creativemind243 »

Thanks for the info! But I do have to ask; you say that you've had positive experiences with those Deities that you've worked with, well, has anyone had bad experiences with them? Sorry if this sounds rude or anything! I'm just a bit curious! :)
There is a battle of two wolves inside us; one is evil, It is jealousy, greed, and lies. The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, kindness, and truth. The one that wins?
The one you feed.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”