Anybody here ever experience a "thirst for deity"?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Cernunnos

Anybody here ever experience a "thirst for deity"?

Post by Cernunnos »

You hear Christians talking about this all of the time - The sudden urge and need to be close to deity, to feel their presence and communicate with them. I felt this for the very first time only a few months ago - After 3 years or so of being involved in the Wiccan faith. Of course not towards the Abrahamic god but towards my own. Has anybody ever experienced this before? Not fulfilling the need feels like a hole is empty, and it leaves you depressed.
"I will darken the heavens and turn all stars to mice."
-Diana
graveghoul

Re: Anybody here ever experience a "thirst for deity"?

Post by graveghoul »

All the time. I feel like if I don't have my goddess and god near me at all times that I've gotten abandoned. But my codependent nature is what my deities are trying to teach me to sway against, coincidentally.
HazelRain

Post by HazelRain »

I have a few recommendations, I'm not very experienced with your desire, but I feel that there's a few avenues you can explore.

Firstly, maybe try keeping a dream journal,if you don't already. It may be that you can get closer and communicate through your dreams (or other methods, for instance if you are very skilled at meditation). I'm not very skilled with dream Magick, but I would explore that Avenue.

Secondly, you could perhaps try blessing a charm, amulet, jewelry, or something you wear all the time. Ask your deity to bless the item with their presence and energy, so that you can carry that comfort with you.
AquarianMoon

Post by AquarianMoon »

Wow Cernunnos, I think I know exactly what you mean, but unfortunately I can't help yet as I'm still to discover or figure out which deity I'm drawn to.
autumn swan

Post by autumn swan »

I'm thirsty for deity all the time! I think it's my drive behind religious practises. :P But good to have found a name for it. :flyingwitch:
May the Lord and the Lady bless you.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yes, like a sucking, bleeding hole in the heart, a craving to KNOW face-to-face. Yup. Been there. Fell in love with The Greater Whole...so to speak. smileylove
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I can remember feeling like there had to be more than what the Catholic Church was presenting. I was right.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”