Giants

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
explorer

Giants

Post by explorer »

I like to think years ago back in the day that giant's did exist as well as all your other mystery kind of things you hear of in your researches. If you've ever seen photos of giant skeletons that look as if they would have stood a good 10 feet or more. I'm not sure if it is fake footage but notice the labels saying ancient giants and how the people looked up to them. Is there a connection here between the gods and the giants? There's a feeling I get here and I wondered what you think here.
corvidus

Re: giants

Post by corvidus »

I've read the stories of giants, they are connected to the Nephilim:
The Nephilim (Hebrew: נפילים‎) were offspring of the "sons of God" and the "daughters of men" before the Deluge according to Genesis 6:4; the name is also used in reference to giants who inhabited Canaan at the time of the Israelite conquest of Canaan according to Numbers 13:33.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephilim
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

In various Indo-European mythologies, gigantic peoples are featured as primeval creatures associated with chaos and the wild nature, and they are frequently in conflict with the gods, be they Olympian, Celtic, Hindu or Norse. Giants also often play similar roles in the mythologies and folklore of other, non Indo-European peoples, such as in the Nartian traditions.
Fairy tales such as "Jack the Giant Killer" have formed the modern perception of giants as stupid and violent monsters, sometimes said to eat humans, especially children (though this is actually a confusion with ogres, which are distinctly cannibalistic). The ogre in "Jack and the Beanstalk" is often described as a giant. In some more recent portrayals, like those of Jonathan Swift and Roald Dahl, some giants are both intelligent and friendly.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_(mythology)
I can't say that I've heard of many friendly giants, except for the Jolly Green Giant, but he's more of a marketing ploy. You can't convince anyone to eat their veggies if the mascot is going to eat you if you don't. :wink:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Various medical conditions still cause giantism. Marfan's syndrome and acromegaly are two of them.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
explorer

Post by explorer »

I'm trying to think of the name, was it annunaki or something like that and how they teached the people alot of skills. I'm sure I heard they actually helped build the pyramids. These days it's like a myth now as your giant's of today are like the big show from wwe lol or the great khali.
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

You should watch Ancient Aliens. They talk in depth about the Annunaki, Giants and other gods and how they are ancient aliens. It's really interesting.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

bluejay_1919 wrote:You should watch Ancient Aliens. They talk in depth about the Annunaki, Giants and other gods and how they are ancient aliens. It's really interesting.
And if on mass media, probably inaccurate...

But there are always small truths to small talk.
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

Everyone has their own opinions :)
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I just watch the conspiracy theories for funsies on my days off... because it's nice to relax and just be entertained for once with your snacks and adult beverage.

Though I still think aliens are actually Fae. *shrugs*
explorer

Post by explorer »

I tell it gets more creepier by the minute in my research :) im discovering so much that I never heard of before lol I feel its safe to say the media is a diversion making you look the other way and only giving you half truths or loosely based on ideas. apparently there's real life vampires, I was like no way as the science people would say illness or medical but if you keep an open mind there's more there yeah.
Oakheart

Post by Oakheart »

According to the Bible, a group of rogue angels mated with human women, spawning a malevolent race of giants known as the Nephilim (Genesis 6:1–4). Similarly in Greek mythology, there was a primordial race of giants known as Cyclopes, spawned by Uranus (a possible reference to angels) and Gaia (a possible reference to human women), each with a single eye in the middle of his or her forehead. All of these giants were supposedly killed off during the deluge, although their bloodline survived via Ham and his wife, Na'eltama'uk. One of these descendants was Goliath, who was killed by David when he fired a stone from a sling, hitting the giant in the center of his forehead (hitting him in a third eye perhaps). According to Irish mythology, a group of seafaring giants descended from Ham and Na'eltama'uk, known as the Fomorians, came to inhabit Ireland after the deluge. One of the most infamous of these Fomorians was Balor, who had an eye in the middle of his forehead and one directly opposite at the back. I find the commonalities between these three mythologies absolutely fascinating.
Student of Rosicrucianism, Neoplatonism & Hermetic Kabbalah.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”