Goddess Oriented Altar?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
BeautfiulSandra

Goddess Oriented Altar?

Post by BeautfiulSandra »

Hi Everyone, I was just wondering, I know there's no right and wrong when it comes to religions ect. I just wanted to know everyone's opinion on working with a strictly goddess oriented altar. I don't mean to sound rude, or anything, but I don't feel so comfortable working with the god aspect of the god and goddess.
Sandra
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

well, I would use only female diety symbols and statues for an obvious start

then have a tile or something with the 3 moon symbol )0(
as well as the venus sigil

the use of chalices and other concave objects

as also you may want to use votive and jar candels as opposed to the more phallic taper candels.

thats just my 2 cents :)
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
Wolf Heart

Post by Wolf Heart »

I would use lots of things that represent the Goddess in your eyes. I have a poster above my alter with an indian woman holding a globe type thing spreading out stars and it says "Keep of the Heavens." To me that symbolizes the Goddess. I would also use lots of moon objects.
Personally I like to make my alter represent myself, since it is where I work. I have moon and sun objects, wolf statues, candles and even a little Buddha man. I even have a little toy Scar from The Lion King on it. I just believe it should relate to you as well as to the God and Goddess.
Then again my ways are closely tied to the God, I love them both, but I connect well with the God.
~*People fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.*~
zoe

Post by zoe »

I say do what feels right for you, if you're not comfortable with honouring the God on your altar then that is your right. We must all follow our own paths. I am certainly not a definitive source as I just started along my own path. For me I feel far more connected to the Goddess.

My patron is Gaia and when I need help I tend to call on the female goddesses of the greek pantheon for help and guidance, but I do honour the God on my altar - a pine cone, a clay ornament of the horned god, but symbols of the Goddess are far more plentiful. It's just how my altar came together.

Personalizing the altar is great fun and you can really stretch your creative muscles at the same time it provides me a time of thought and reflection as well as focuses my energy. I add, change and rearrange my altar as my path changes or items call out to me. Don't get wrapped up about what you think might be expected of you. Your altar is your sacred space and should reflect your spiritual path and personality.

In Love and Light
~Zoe
Storm

Post by Storm »

My altar is Goddess oriented, in fact there is nothing that I have (consciously) placed there to honour the God. At the moment my path is fully Goddess-focused, and I feel no need to include the God at this time. Perhaps that will change over time, who knows.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I have two 'altars' one is a shrine to my mother, in the place of the ancestors [ in my path, the north-eastern corner, and in respect for her own beliefs too] and the other is on my dining table [ chaotic household] I noticed all my apparel is male oriented, but I have a plate with Isis, Hathor and Horus above it, on the wall, under my 'sun dance' picture. I collect interesting items of Pagan origin, but I am drawn to the masculine representations - I think it may be that the masculine is what I need to invoke more, so the correspondance of my altar leans that way.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”