What Deities Chose You?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Nyx_Follower

What Deities Chose You?

Post by Nyx_Follower »

Hey, Everyone!,

I know people have Deities or simply just one that have chosen them to walk with. If that makes any sense.

I was just wondering who everyone else chooses to worship? Obviously mine is only Nyx, but i'd like to see the different deities everyone has picked. :flyingwitch:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: What Deities Do You Worship?

Post by SnowCat »

I work with Bast, Sekhmet, Loki, Anubis, and as of today, Odin. They chose me, rather than the other way around. Still not entirely sure why, but I just roll with it.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Nyx_Follower

Post by Nyx_Follower »

Same for me. I was actually meditating when it happened.
Siona

Post by Siona »

I feel called to the Greek and Egyptian pantheons, but particularly to Artemis, Hestia, Hekate, and Demeter.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

The Deities who specifically chose me are Baal, Nergal, Ereshkigal, M'rodakh, Zarpanitu, Ashtaroth, Kali, Eris, Hekate, Liwyathan and Resheph.

The Orishas, Loas, Daemons and others are my own preference.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Adiens

Post by Adiens »

Primarily The Morrigan and Hekate, but I have worked with Cernunnos, Odin and Loki on occasion.

Like Snow, I don't choose them...they choose me.
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Odin has chosen to walk with me for a while. I've worked with Persephone, and I may again, and I've felt drawn to leave offerings for Freya.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

My pantheon is primarily Celtic, with Brighde very prominent. But more often than not I leave offerings to Hutash, a Chumash Goddess, as she is native to the lands I dwell on now.
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

[Note: When I responded to this thread, it was still about the deities we worship. I want to be clear that none of the following deities "chose" me.]

The deities that I "worship" (I use that term very loosely) thus far are: Guanyin, Persephone, Athena, Hestia/Vesta, and to a lesser extent Aphrodite. I also do honor to The Goddess as a whole. There's someone whom I call the Queen Mother, who I don't know yet if she is a deity or a personal guardian.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Cats and Tea

Re: What Deities Chose You?

Post by Cats and Tea »

This isn't something to which I've given much thought. I've never felt "chosen" by any gods. I've meditated but never felt any god's presence. However, I've always like Odin and Athena, deities of wisdom.

Then I started thinking about the symbols of gods.I remembered one time when I was about seven or eight, a raven flew into my bedroom. Our house was exceptionally old so we had had problems with bats but not birds. Especially not ravens. Ravens aren't common where I live. That bird terrified me. I'm sure it might have been scared itself, being a bird stuck in a house and all.

Ever since then, I've been very scared of birds but not ravens. (Well, I am afraid of ravens a little but it's more of a fear out of respect.) There was another time when I saw a raven sitting in my school's parking lot as I was walking home. It let me get very close to it and waited until I was passed to fly away.

I wonder if this means I'm connected to Odin.

There was another time when I was walking home from a friend's house and I saw a snake curled up in the middle of the road. (Snakes are also not common where I live.) This was just past a pedestrian only bridge. There was a cluster of trees nearby, but this wasn't near any woods. This snake also waited until I passed until it slithered away.
I've tried finding any deities that carry a relationship with snakes, but I haven't gotten very far. Although I have seen some association with Athena.

I wonder if this means anything or if I'm looking too much into it. I'm still new to all of this.

EDIT: So I was reading the board and I saw a couple of threads about Hecate so I read them. I never really knew much about Hecate. I found out that the snake and the crossroads are symbols of Hecate. The snake I saw was at a crossroads just chillin' like a villain in a town that doesn't have snakes. I mentioned in the post that I always liked Athena because she was the goddess of wisdom, but, in all honestly, I've never felt drawn to her. There was no connection. But Hecate instantly clicked. The more I learned about her the more it made sense. Hecate is associated with water and the moon. I've always felt connected to the moon and water. I've always attributed this to being a Cancer, but I think I'm a little over-zealous about my connection to the moon and the element of water for it to only be attributed to my astrological sign. Most people do not feel so strongly. Hecate watches over the misfits and the mislead youths. I resonate with this because I've been lost for so long. I know I have much more to learn about Hecate, but I know I made the right choice in associating with her. She already feels like a Mother. Just like how Odin already feels like a Father.

The only problem is I'm scared of birds, and snakes, and I'm much more of a cat person than a dog person. However, I don't think this means that Odin and Hecate aren't right for me because I have such a strong reaction with these animals. When discussing animals, my first reaction is to discuss birds (especially ravens), snakes, and dogs (and cats, obviously). So we'll see how that goes.

P.S. Sorry I always have such long-winded posts. I'm also using this to process my thoughts.
"You can never find a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
C.S. Lewis
Badgerstate

Post by Badgerstate »

Freya chose me for some odd reason. No idea why but I imagine that it will all make sense eventually.
AlaunusFoxglove

Post by AlaunusFoxglove »

Brigid was the first to choose me, and has worked with me the most. The Morrigan has also been in contact with me. During my initiation, Cernunnos told me he would be working with me on my path as well. The interesting thing is I had a goddess during my initiation tell me she would be helping me as well, and called herself Magu. I'd never heard of her and had to do some research. I found she's not part of the Celtic pantheon like others I work with; she's a Taoist goddess of hemp (or cannabis). When I was called to this path, I was told I'd be a healer, and I've been learning a lot about herbs and such. Her appearance to me helped me to know I'm not making this up in my mind, as I would've never known about Magu.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

I'm not sure if Serket choose me, but I was looking for a specific god (can't remember who), when I sneezed! I accidentally jerked the mouse and when I looked up I saw a picture of the hieroglyphs for Serket and was just like "That's it, that's the one!" And after further research, I found out that she was perfect for me.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Being afraid of birds and snakes doesn't necessarily preclude working with Odin and Hecate. Sometimes we are given challenges to work through as part of the journey.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Loki chose me and so far he's all I've worked with other than the fae. I thought for a little while that Freyja may have been trying to contact me too but I think, again, it was just Loki. I'm not sure if there's anyone else out there for me, and if there is, they'll let themselves be known when the time is right I'm sure. (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”