I'm looking for a Deity

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
TheWhiteWitch

I'm looking for a Deity

Post by TheWhiteWitch »

I hope no one takes offense to this question as I'm extremely new and I'm trying to learn. I've been extremely fascinated with the Wiccan religion for years and have been scared to dive into it due to my Catholic father. Christianity has never felt right and I've never felt the connection I do with the Gods and Goddesses. I decided to break off the path that was paved for me and forge my own (while still in the broom closet.) The moment I begun I felt so much happier and that all was right once I began my journey. Although, I haven't dedicated myself to a deity yet and I'm having quite a hard time with it. How do I do this and is the the right information I'm following? It feels right, but I feel so blind.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: I'm looking for a Diety?

Post by SnowCat »

My deities have always put clues in my path and waited for me to pick up on them. In the case of Loki, it took a very long time for me to pick up on the clues. Just be patient and pay attention to the world around you.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Hi SilverSong,
SilverSong wrote:It feels right, but I feel so blind.
First off, get used to this feeling! :D
I've been 'searching' for nearly ten years now, and I still feel blind, still feel like I'm never on the right path. So I'd say you're right where you need to be.

The only way you're going to find out which Deity resonates with you is by first understanding yourself. If you're really serious about pursuing this path, it is highly recommended that you start a journal and meditate on the fundamental qualities of your Soul/Self/Life before attempting to make connections with Deities.
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

Deities make themselves known when they choose too and when it is the right time to contact you during your spiritual journey. I have been well on the pagan path even as a child being a Roman Catholic, it was quiet the surprise when my Deities contacted me many years ago when I was in great need of solidifying my spiritual self. Have patience, it takes time.
Tulpa

Post by Tulpa »

I'm on the same boat, my friend! best of luck on your journey.
TheWhiteWitch

Post by TheWhiteWitch »

Thank you so much to everyone smileylove Corvidus, I will definitely start a journal. I've been procrastinating making one only for the sake of trying to figure out what I want to do with it, I guess I will just see where it takes me. Good luck on your journey too, Tulpa!
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Kool, a good place to start with a journal is the White Mirror/Black Mirror excersise.

The White Mirror is the reflection of yourself (from first memory to most recent moment in time) that you are proud of, and all the qualities you enjoy about yourself.

The Black Mirror is the opposite, the reflection of yourself that you aren't proud of.

:)
TheWhiteWitch

Post by TheWhiteWitch »

Hmm.. That supplies me with a lot to think about- I like it! A lot actually. I already began filling the pages. Thank you again and blessed be! (:
Caribbean_Blue

Post by Caribbean_Blue »

corvidus wrote: The only way you're going to find out which Deity resonates with you is by first understanding yourself. If you're really serious about pursuing this path, it is highly recommended that you start a journal and meditate on the fundamental qualities of your Soul/Self/Life before attempting to make connections with Deities.
So true and the best advice anyone can give a beginner. How can you know which Deity you need to work with at this point in your life if you don't know yourself? That sounds as dangerous as and quite similar to jumping into a marriage with a stranger you just met.

I would also say, don't feel the need to directly go and discover your Patron God/Goddess. It's not necessary and you want to be sure that you are ready for Them, because when They walk into your life that's when the real WORK begins. And you.won't.be.able.to.get.rid.of.them. Especially if they are your patron4lyfe, 'yo. They ride with you for a damm long time so just be sure you know what you're getting yourself into before you break out the koolaid and candles. I say this from experience. :surprisedwitch:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

It took me a very long time to recognize Loki's presence in my life. "Patron4lyfe, yo?" Sounds like Jesse Pinkman. My life made more sense once I realized that Loki had been around for most of it.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
GrumpymouthGirl

Post by GrumpymouthGirl »

I'm also new to discovering my own patron God and Goddess. None of the 'usual suspects' seemed to fit into my life. By doing some simple searching on the internet for 'Old English/British Gods and Goddesses' I found out about Arnemetia, the Goddess of the Sacred Grove, about whom little is known apparently as a more in-depth search discovered little more than my original brief search. By the way, I should mention that the reason I began looking into Old English deities is because I am American but always felt a very strong pull towards the British Isles, England in particular, and I now live in Manchester, England. What I did discover about Arnemetia blew me away. She is the Goddess of the Sacred Grove, which as far as I can tell from my research, lies in modern-day Buxton, Derbyshire. This really surprised me because I haven't taken a lot of trips within England but one place I did go to was Buxton, years ago, and I had a bit of a spiritual experience there looking over the hills, sitting in a field next to some corn and really feeling one with nature (as I live in the city centre of Manchester, this was bliss for me). I wasn't practising Wicca at the time although I was interested in it. I wasn't to know that an Old English Goddess resided in the very spot I was enjoying so much!! This has really blown me away and I believe that Arnemetia is my patron Goddess.

Coincidences work in funny ways for sure - maybe if you do some research you'll uncover a similar story!! Best of luck :)

xx K
TheWhiteWitch

Re: I'm looking for a Deity

Post by TheWhiteWitch »

I am glad you found you're deity. It sounds like it was meant to be!

Very exciting update, I have been really practicing clairvoyance and opening my mind to the world around me and I recently discovered my spirit guide. I was a little surprised because, I've admired the beauty of this animal for awhile, but never would have thought much more into it. So, I researched the meaning and found it to be incredibly accurate as to relating with me. My spirit guide is an owl which symbolizes "The announcer of Death", wisdom, guidance, and many other attributes I won't bore you with(; If you don't know this about me already, I have dreams of when people or animals are going to die. I feel it in my chest and it lingers in my mind. Although this was VERY exciting for me, this is NOT my exciting update. Despite the fact the my animal is a bird, I have always connected with them. I connect with a multitude of animals but mostly have a strong connection with birds, dogs, horses, and rats. The last few weeks birds have been flying up to me, landing next to me, eating from me, and falling asleep as I touch them. This isn't new, but it usually doesn't happen this often. Yesterday, I blue bird flew circles around me in the barn and I followed it in the feeding stall that was open to the coral with a very aggressive mare and her foal. This is not a mean mare. She was abused is just fearful, but we made eye contact and instead of charging licked her lips and continued to eat. I felt truly honored this horse let me near her as she doesn't do this to anyone. I left with a happy heart and a blue bird following overhead. Today, I saw a celtic sign I have always been curious about and finally learned the name of it. It's the sign of the Celtic goddess Epona. I felt a huge draw to her and read more on her. She is the goddess of horses, birds, fertility, and dogs. Her sacred plants are roses (My middle name and my favorite flower.) I am very excited about this. I feel a stong connection with her and can't wait to work with this Goddess.
Vesca

Re: I'm looking for a Deity

Post by Vesca »

I'm glad to hear you're finding your answers! Thanks for updating us. :)

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”