Disposing of Offerings (Sweets)

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Aderyn

Disposing of Offerings (Sweets)

Post by Aderyn »

Hello hello!

I recently did an offering with chocolate covered cranberries and I'm not quite sure what to do with them now. Since it's not a natural offering such as fruit or water, I don't want to bury chocolate in my backyard or just throw it out. Is dedicating it to a deity and eating it okay? I know that I should do things that feel right to my path and I feel that this may be a nice way to dispose of it without waste, but I wanted to get some feedback in case if I'm not seeing a bigger picture.

As always, thank you for your help. :)
Siona

Re: Disposing of Offerings (Sweets)

Post by Siona »

Yeah, it's really down to what makes sense to you, if you don't want to bury it. Eating a dedicated offering is part of some traditions, where other traditions might only eat some and save a bit specifically for a deity. Burning some or all of an offering is also pretty common. You might also ask the particular deity what they;d like you to do with such offerings.
Aderyn

Post by Aderyn »

This was my first offering and I worked with what I had around the house at the time; in the future I want to use organic things that can be returned to nature. Not too shabby for a first time! ;) I will meditate on it and see what comes of it.

Thank you for your response, Siona! ^-^
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Eat 'em. Sprinkle 'em on some ice cream.

The other day I ate some candy I offered on my ancestor altar and said to their pictures, "Ugh, I think I overdid it, grandma," and had a good laugh.

Aderyn

Post by Aderyn »

I love the playfulness of that, Kassandra! Ice cream is my favorite food, I think I'll take your suggestion and do that. :)

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”