Artemis and Ganesh

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Middleagedseeker

Artemis and Ganesh

Post by Middleagedseeker »

Greetings all :flyingwitch: I have a newbie question. I have heard a call from Artemis and I have been developing a relationship of sorts with her for a little while now. I also have a relationship with Ganesh and have worked with him in the past. Is it ok to have a Greek Goddess and a Hindu God? I don't have any interest in any God other than Ganesh. I have a Hindu Goddess I've let know I want to get to know her but haven't felt anything from her. Artemis I definately hear from regularly now. Does anyone know more about this than I do?
Siona

Re: Artemis and Ganesh

Post by Siona »

Yes, it's fine to do. Many people worship deities from different pantheons, and it was something that ancient pagans were known to do as well - and that does include some areas where Hindu and Greek religions were mixed, such as the Indo-Greek Kingdom.
Middleagedseeker

Post by Middleagedseeker »

Thank you Siona! :D
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

I mix pantheons all the time. While it's probably fair to say that most of the deities I work with are from the Norse pantheon, I definitely work with Greek, Egyptian, Hindu, Shinto, Buddhist, and Celtic deities and spirits.
There are some deities that are known to have rivalries with each other--the Muses and the Sirens, for instance--so I would avoid that sort of thing, but those are usually intra-pantheon rivalries.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I was working with both Hindu and Greek but have now gone to just Hindu. Ive worked with Ganesh for years and have a close relationship with him.

I think its totally fine to mix pantheons. Do what feels right to you and what works for you.

Also if you study religions and different paths you will start to see that they just kind of borrowed from each other. One goddess from one pantheon could have inspired a different goddess in a different pantheon. You'll start to see similarities The old religions borrowed from each other and as people moved into other areas they merged parts of religions including the gods.
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

Hey :) I'm not any kind of expert but I work very closely with St Anthony. I always say, "I'm not Catholic but he doesn't seem to mind." :) ;) I'm drawn to Maya (was given her spiritual name) and many others. I think some work most closely with us because... it just is.... like, our energies are close or they have to offer what we need to learn right now. :)

My 2C for what it's worth. :)

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”