Help!

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
lisian-in-secret

Help!

Post by lisian-in-secret »

I STILL cannot figure out who my god or goddess is. What am I supposed to do to help myself find one?
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Re: Help!

Post by AdastraJunction »

Meditation or scrying work well. Also research different gods and goddesses of different cultures you may just naturally gravitate towards one or other, you may end up with several it all depends on you. Search through the forums here there are bound to be other suggestions and lists you can find. Don't rush! Take your time, its better to not know temporarily than just jumping in and choosing one at random because you feel you have too.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

lisian-in-secret wrote:I STILL cannot figure out who my god or goddess is. What am I supposed to do to help myself find one?
Relax. Breathe. It's possible that you're being given a lesson in patience.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Siona

Post by Siona »

lisian-in-secret wrote:I STILL cannot figure out who my god or goddess is. What am I supposed to do to help myself find one?
Can you share what you've tried so far? How often you've tried? Over what sort of time span? This is something that can take months or even years... and sometimes, it's nothing you do that brings results, sometimes a deity comes to you when the deity feels it is the right time to do so, and very often this is all a long, ongoing process, not necessarily something that is done and resolved in a short span of time for all people.
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Please do not rush this. Continue to meditate also try scrying if you have not done so. Keep in mind not everyone has a particular deity. It took me years for one to even really call out to me. Isis called out to me two years ago and has been with me since. Here recently Hecate has contacted me in my dreams. Just keep reaching out to them and give them offerings after mediation or spell work. If you have a particular one you would like to work with, be sure to research them to know what to offer them. Our upcoming blood moon would be a fantastic time to try and reach out to the one(s) you want to work with. I hope this helps. Blessed Be.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

It took me seven years to realize who it was. It takes time sometimes, as much as we'd like to rush it. We just really have to be patient and pay close attention to the signs around us. (: Pay close attention to things you like as well, because that can also be a hint towards who you are to be working with. Don't worry - it will happen!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
ladywhitewolf

Post by ladywhitewolf »

With me I read a lot and read everything I could about different various pantheons. I connect with the Egyptian, Norse and Celtic deities. I also take time for meditation. Most important follow your heart and take your time.
Jessica [aka Whitewolf]
lisian-in-secret

Post by lisian-in-secret »

Sorry for the late reply, @Siona I've tried quizzes to see which goddess I match up with most. I haven't done much research due to the extensive amounts of gods and goddesses. How do I narrow it down?
Siona

Post by Siona »

I wouldn't put much stock in quizzes and the like, they're just meant for fun, and sometimes we don't always share a lot of similarities with out deities.

There are many different approaches you can try, and sometimes a mix of a few works best. For example, you can reach out through prayer, meditation or dream work, and see what symbols and such might manifest. Most deities have animals, objects, places, and even sometimes colors and numbers associated with them, and while multiple deities might have a tie to say, dogs, it helps to narrow the search.

You might also look back at your life, if you've always had a particular tie to a certain activity/thing/place sometimes that shows up in our deities.

You can also start looking academically, too. If you know what culture your ancestors are from, or if there are any cultures you've always had an interest in, they can be good places to start. Sometimes while you're reading a particular deity will jump out at you, and there maybe something deeper there (or not, different people have different experiences of course).

I will say again though, it can be a long process, don't feel you have to rush it - and for that matter, don't feel you must 'find' a goddess and a god, some are called to only one deity, some to three, four, or more. It's a very personal process, and there are many ways to go about it. Deities usually come when we are ready.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”