AnaisStar wrote:I didnt choose the Greek Life, the Greek Life chose me.
XD So true!!!
I work with the Greek Pantheon but not all of them. Those I work with are Lady Artemis, Lady Selene, Lady Hecate, Lord Hades, Lord Hermes, Apollo and Zeus (unwillingly =.=). Each has contacted me but Lady Artemis and Lord Hades in particular are closest to me. Fun stories ahead!
1) It seems Lady Artemis always had an eye on me. As a babe I was licked by a wild deer, I have a talent for running and archery. I have seen wolves several times even though I live in an area devoid of wolves. When I was little and found out about Greek mythology I right away was drawn to her. I love how she respects both women and men; true equality.
2) Lord Hades was much more subtle. I never even realized our connection until a few months ago! Darkness, the shadows... they never bothered me. I can be very silent, slipping through the streets without a sound. Death never bothered me; it was simply a part of life and I've always found it silly to be scared of it. Last is more of a personality trait; I tend to command the room, even without meaning to. ^^; I've also always gotten angry how Lord Hades is depicted in mass media as "evil" and cruel; it just sets me off.
3) Lady Selene and Lady Hecate I ran across while learning about Lady Artemis. I love what they stand for and they were kind enough to give me guidance. ^-^
4) Lord Hermes.... how to explain.... I haven't worked with him so much as run into him during meditation. I have a minor crush on him...
But!! Business is the field I work in and business falls under his jurisdiction.
5) Apollo and Zeus... haa... These two are... interesting.
Zeus came to me while I was sleeping and... well, tried to seduce me. I hit him.
Yes yes, I know, I shouldn't do that. But he was-was-!!!! Yeah.... But instead of being angry he laughed. Seems he took a shine to me since then.
Apollo s a different matter; in one of my past lives I was a High Priestess for him in a small Roman village. That connection has not faded and I am blessed with being able to act, sing, dance, write stories/epics, write poetry and possibly play instruments and draw if I had the patience. So our connection goes way back and have many of his blessings. He's still a dork though (to me. He seems to always be in trouble with something when I see him in mediation. XD That's why I don't put the Lord title; he feels more like a older brother who gets into trouble then a God to me. I wonder if this is also colored by my deep connection to Lady Artemis who is his twin sister...)
I actually loved Egypt as well (still do) but was never drawn to their mythology like the Greek pantheon.