Meeting My God/Goddess?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Xx

Meeting My God/Goddess?

Post by Xx »

I haven't met with any god/goddesses yet. I'm not sure how except to meditate on it and ask or if I'm drawn to one. I know I'm drawn to the Celtic Green Man but not sure about which goddess. Should I have an alter set up before trying to meet with them? I wouldn't want to be disrespectful but I'm still looking around trying to find meaning full alter pieces at home before going and buying some. Should it be a goddess with similar characteristics to mine or one that has characteristics I lack to maybe help me gain or strengthen those attributes. I guess it's all in the learning process.
Xx

Re: God/ goddess correspondence

Post by Xx »

I meditated and asked for one of the goddesses to see me. Well I had a vision of myself making a clover crown from the white clover flower. How do I know if that was a sign from one of the goddesses or just a regular thought/ vision. I know this question sounds silly but I don't know how to tell the difference.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Meeting My God/Goddess?

Post by Xiao Rong »

Splitting this from the original thread on God/Goddess Correspondence so that this can get the attention it deserves!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Peronette wrote:I haven't met with any god/goddesses yet. I'm not sure how except to meditate on it and ask or if I'm drawn to one. I know I'm drawn to the Celtic Green Man but not sure about which goddess.
If you feel drawn to just that God than start there. That is a starting point.
Peronette wrote:Should I have an alter set up before trying to meet with them?
You don't need one no. Its a great tool to have but its not required. You can make the altar when you have the time and space to get it set up. For now you don't need it. If you can be outside to connect to the Green Man that is a bonus but if not than just praying and focusing on him is a great way to connect.
Peronette wrote:I wouldn't want to be disrespectful but I'm still looking around trying to find meaning full alter pieces at home before going and buying some.
You don't need everything to start your altar. You can start with just a candle and incense burner if you have that. The important thing is that its meaningful for you. You may want to consecrate the items formally in a ritual at some point but if you set it up with the intent of using it for worship and prayer work than overtime that is the energy and essence that will be built into those items.
Peronette wrote: Should it be a goddess with similar characteristics to mine or one that has characteristics I lack to maybe help me gain or strengthen those attributes. I guess it's all in the learning process.
Start with whoever appeals to you. You do this by reading the mythology and lore associated with various Goddesses. The one you feel the most emotional tie to or react the strongest to is a good way to start with a God or Goddess. There may be something in the attraction that you need or lack in your life or it could relate to hidden aspects of ourselves that we are discovering. Different deities call each of us for different reasons.
Xx

Post by Xx »

Thank you! This forum is so helpful. I don't know what I would do with out it!
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: God/ goddess correspondence

Post by loona wynd »

Peronette wrote:I meditated and asked for one of the goddesses to see me. Well I had a vision of myself making a clover crown from the white clover flower. How do I know if that was a sign from one of the goddesses or just a regular thought/ vision. I know this question sounds silly but I don't know how to tell the difference.
How did you know you were drawn to the Green Man? Visions from Gods and spirits in meditation will have a sense of emotion tied to them. There will be something in them that brings out thought patterns and emotional reactions with in us. Those are visions from Gods and spirits. The emotional reaction is our spirits reaction to the stimulus shown to us.
Xx

Post by Xx »

I was drawn to him because he is represents nature. Ever since I was a child I have loved forests, and wildlife. Earth day was my favorite day in elementary school because of the activities and such. Now, being older, I know we rely on nature and natural balance. As time goes on though, nature will need to rely on those of us who love it to keep it protected from misuse and destruction.

After reading more on him I also liked that he represented death and rebirth. It kind of makes me think of my past spirituality. Death of the old me(being Christian for most of my life because I was basically scared to believe anything else) and the rebirth(me finding my own way that makes me happy but also serves a purpose) Because I have always had a connection with earth and nature, it just makes sense to that I follow a nature based religion.

I'm also attracted to depictions of his physical appearance. When I was younger I would run around holding leaves up to my face and tell people I was tree woman. It wasn't until I started reading about deities that I knew he was the one for me.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”