Persephone and Journeys to the Underworld

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Persephone and Journeys to the Underworld

Post by Firebird »

I just had my own little epiphany in re reading through this, for me the terrifying fear that can be experienced related to an underworld journey is follow through. Once you have met your shadow and realize there are layers of an onion to shed or remove altogether, that little death one must undergo represents change,
sometimes Big change and stepping into the unknown.
The unknown is a fearful place. Sometimes too terrifying.
No wonder I'm going need to be a super hero :D >assumes superperson pose <
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
manicpixidream

Post by manicpixidream »

I'm loving this thread! I work with Persephone and Dionysus/Bacchus (haven't decided how I should address Him yet). I had an interesting moment with Persephone the other day. I don't have many tools or supplies in general, so I was struggling with how to give Her an offering of some sort. I found a website that had Her "corresponding incenses" on it, but didn't have any of them in my small stock. I looked at what I had on hand and just kind of asked Her if She liked sandalwood or patchouli better, as those were the cones I possessed. I got an overwhelming sense that She wanted patchouli. I love patchouli and put on patchouli as perfume a lot, so I found it as a bonding moment. Then at some point She impressed on me that part of the reason She wanted it was because it was my favorite, because sacrificing patchouli incense means so much to me. I later learned that it is also an incense corresponding with the Underworld, but I know in my heart that She wants it because that is "our" incense, my offering to Her. So from now on I only use that incense for being with Her and give Her a cone of it every day, whether I have time to sit in Her presence or not.
Note: I'm not saying everyone should use patchouli incense when communing with Persephone, I'm just stating that for Her and I, that's what I give Her at the moment.
:flyingwitch: manicpixidream :flyingwitch:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I think patchouli is a wonderful offering to Persephone. ::coolglasses:: It such an earthy scent and it's association is with Earth, love it ! Think I'll put some on for the day. :fairy:
Another thing you might want to offer her is some pomegranate seeds, share with her even. Have a communion with her through the consumption of pomegranate seeds then leave a few in nature and on your altar.
Happy Halloween everyone!
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”