Who Reached Out To Me?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Falcon_Heart27

Who Reached Out To Me?

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

So, this has happened a few times, but I'm going to tell you about the one that I can remember the best.
I was in the back seat of the car, and the family was arguing, yelling, bickering, etc..... I was so tired of it all, I could feel it emotionally draining me. I became filled with a tension and a rage like I have never known. Then suddenly, I closed my eyes, and this strange semi-human face projected itself into my mind. It was so clear!
I saw a woman, from the shoulders up. Her face looked elven, complete with pointy ears. But she had some of the facial structure of....a cat! Her eyes were blue-green and her hair was long, curly, and silver-blonde. She was wearing some sort of a dark green tunic or dress with golden embroidery around the neckline.
As soon as I saw her, I felt all the tension flood out of my body. I was completely relaxed, and the stressful situation around me was blocked from my perception. This has happened multiple times, the same vision and effect each time.
So....is this some sort of a goddess, or spirit guide, or am I just crazy?

~Falcon
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Who Reached Out To Me?

Post by Seraphin »

Bastet is an Egyptian cat Goddess. She is the Goddess of cats, protection, motherhood, music, and love.

Perhaps, do a little more research into this Goddess and other Feline Deities, to see what those devotees and worshipers of those Deities write and feel.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Lightbringer

Post by Lightbringer »

Does she remind you of anyone you know, real or fictional? Sometimes I think certain spirits, even the Gods themselves, reveal themselves to us in forms we already know and recognize. I also believe that we can discover new ones, so it's ok if she doesn't match a Goddess who already exists. (I know this is an atypical response, but...hey, that's just me.)

I used to have someone come to me for the same reason and with the same calming effect, but never found out who he was because he didn't correlate with anyone I researched.

Otherwise, if you think she looked elven, maybe look into Celtic or Northern European deities and spirits. I don't know much about them myself or I would offer more help :oops:
seidkonacat

Post by seidkonacat »

She sounds like Bastet or Sekhmet, of the Egyptian pantheon. They are both cat goddesses.

That, or she may be Freya. Freya is a Norse Goddess closely associated with cats. She also has a magical necklace, which may be the "gold embroidery" you saw.

Either way I encourage you to continue searching! I'm sure there are other possibilities too.
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Thank you all for your input. :) I'm currently leaning heavily towards Freya, but I'm still in the research phase, so who knows.

Now, I've run across a slight problem... In beliefs, I've never really believed in gods and goddesses. I do, however, acknowledge that the world and the universe is full of a sacred-like energy, one that all living things also possess. (I don't really know what those beliefs are called, but it is what makes the most logical sense to me.) That being said, I don't really believe in the deities themselves as physical beings, but perhaps as personifications of that "sacred energy" that is found in all of the universe.
Is it okay to think of Freya this way? I do realize that it may offend some people, and I'm sorry for that. I'm just trying to come up with a believable (for me) way of viewing her/this situation.

~Falcon
seidkonacat

Post by seidkonacat »

Falcon_Heart27 wrote:Thank you all for your input. :) I'm currently leaning heavily towards Freya, but I'm still in the research phase, so who knows.

Now, I've run across a slight problem... In beliefs, I've never really believed in gods and goddesses. I do, however, acknowledge that the world and the universe is full of a sacred-like energy, one that all living things also possess. (I don't really know what those beliefs are called, but it is what makes the most logical sense to me.) That being said, I don't really believe in the deities themselves as physical beings, but perhaps as personifications of that "sacred energy" that is found in all of the universe.
Is it okay to think of Freya this way? I do realize that it may offend some people, and I'm sorry for that. I'm just trying to come up with a believable (for me) way of viewing her/this situation.

~Falcon
I think it would be okay. I mean, everyone has a different philosophy--you seem like your outlook is pretty pantheistic. I'm more of a polytheist myself, but I don't think it would be offensive to worship Freya as an aspect of the sacred form. However, if She reached out to you, you might want to continue your interaction with her one-on-one.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Hiya Falcon!

I believe that everything around us has spirit force and consciousness of its own. Even the so called non-living things (crystals, minerals, woods, etc.) I believe have this force. Through evolution, the latent force of spirit manifests itself asserts itself more,thereby, culminating in a fully living creature. There is something that propels even the minutest particle of matter toward "exteriorization." This is coming from an Animist stance by the way.

Deities for me are spirits but they can manifest physically in mysterious ways. As a hardcore polytheist I believe that Deities exist as independent and distinct "spiritual entities" in the Higher world, along with a number of other spirits and entities.

Deities, I believe, don't have a physical body or physical form of body. But they have spiritual body and They can take a physical form if They want to. Their Divine force is everywhere and make things possible so I greatly rely either on seeing Their effect myself, or on others who have seen Their effect.

To summarize, perceiving or understanding Deities may be done in two ways, at least for me. First, by examining whether anyone has actually witnessed something spiritual or Divine or, secondly, by envisioning proof of existence from Their effect. To present it slightly differently, by tradition or by metaphysical evidence. I think for me, it is also important to understand Them by studying mythos and lores.

I'm not sure though about the Deities being mainly a personification of something. I believe They are sentient entities who possess distinct Divine forces. I already discussed my belief concerning this here: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 43-15.html

I think it's okay if your perception of Freyja or any other Deities is in that way. It's your spiritual reality after all. No one can define it for you but yourself. It doesn't matter if it's different from the others.

I actually liken people as color-blind men. There are times, we can't see certain colour yet it still exists or sometimes, we identify a particular colour differently. That fact is established by other people who can see them. Though I still believe that my all of us can view some colour does exist although it's beyond our personal experience. Does that make sense?
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Falcon, I've looked in the mirror and seen feline features superimposed on my own. In addition to my ties to Bast, Sehkmet and and Freya, I've discovered that I'm a feline spirit residing in a human body. It was quite a revelation.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Lightbringer

Post by Lightbringer »

Falcon_Heart27 wrote:Thank you all for your input. :) I'm currently leaning heavily towards Freya, but I'm still in the research phase, so who knows.

~Falcon
That is sort of how I see things too.

If it weren't ok to think of Freya that way, what would you do?
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Falcon Heart:
In beliefs, I've never really believed in gods and goddesses. I do, however, acknowledge that the world and the universe is full of a sacred-like energy, one that all living things also possess. (I don't really know what those beliefs are called, but it is what makes the most logical sense to me.) That being said, I don't really believe in the deities themselves as physical beings, but perhaps as personifications of that "sacred energy" that is found in all of the universe.
I think that's completely okay. I am also still somewhat agnostic on the existence of deities in the hardcore polytheistic sense of them being real, supernatural, independently existing beings outside ourselves. At any rate, I am a big fan of what Sam Webster says about deities: "Truly Divine Beings show up however They like, usually how we need to experience them, moderated by how ready we are to receive them." The gods can appear to us in many ways, and I would like to think we can still have healthy relationships with them even if we don't take myths and legends literally; they still represent aspects of the Divine that are powerful, beautiful, and inspiring.

P. S. When you talk about the sacred energy throughout the universe, I think that might be considered pantheism (although you should double check on that first!)
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
MistressOfTheMoon

Who Reached Out To Me?

Post by MistressOfTheMoon »

~Falcon
Paganism is diverse. We pagans view deities in different ways. Do not be afraid to believe what you would like to :-)

I personally have a similar view of deities and came across that dilemma when Hecate first made Herself known to me. I now think that deities are manifestations of the Divine, and that they are avenues for us to connect to the Divine. I believe that HOW these deities manifest, depends on who we can RELATE to. You don't have to know the deities who you feel called you by name, but you have to be able to relate to them on some level. Of course, this is how I see it. And I respect other views of the deity as well.

I would suggest getting in touch with the deity you suspect to have reached out to you by asking for more signs that will confirm Her identity :) Just a simple prayer will do. And maybe light a candle ;)
"For the Spirit lies within."
~ Ada S.
seidkonacat

Post by seidkonacat »

MistressOfTheMoon wrote:

~Falcon
Paganism is diverse. We pagans view deities in different ways. Do not be afraid to believe what you would like to :-)

I personally have a similar view of deities and came across that dilemma when Hecate first made Herself known to me. I now think that deities are manifestations of the Divine, and that they are avenues for us to connect to the Divine. I believe that HOW these deities manifest, depends on who we can RELATE to. You don't have to know the deities who you feel called you by name, but you have to be able to relate to them on some level. Of course, this is how I see it. And I respect other views of the deity as well.

I would suggest getting in touch with the deity you suspect to have reached out to you by asking for more signs that will confirm Her identity :) Just a simple prayer will do. And maybe light a candle ;)
Agreed. There is no "one true way" of doing things. Just do what feels right to you. Research helps me, and meditation helps me, but it's important to keep your own needs and desires in mind
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Hello again :)

So, as a branch of my research, I always do this little thing before I sleep. Basically what I do is, in the moments before falling asleep, I welcome all friendly (and safe) entities/deities/spirits/etc. into my space and invite them to communicate with me through dreams. For the past few nights, I've been getting little to no results, but last night, I got something. And now I feel pretty sure that this presence is Freya.

I had a dream in which I WAS Freya. Not in the traditional Goddess sense, but rather, as the Druid girl that she as portrayed as in BBC's "Merlin".

(Usually, I would pass off any dreams about TV shows and the like as insignificant- just rubble from my waking hours being replayed because I love it. I payed attention to this one though because it dealt with Freya, and also because I haven't watched Merlin in a while so it's not the kind of thing that would show up in my dreams just because my brain processed it recently.)

Anyway... I/Freya was standing on a grassy slope beneath some trees, next to a lake. I was with Merlin himself (when he was a young man), I had taken him by the hand and had shown him the lake. I loved the lake dearly, it had some significance to me. For some reason, I chose to bestow upon him my entire history, my secrets, my dreams and fears, my loves and hopes. I placed my full trust in him, and he carried it well. In the dream, I contemplated WHY I would choose to trust him so freely. The only answer I could think of was, well, I loved him.

If the dream continued past that, I can remember none of it. After that, I dreamed fleetingly of various birds and many, many cats.

Also, just before drifting off, I smelled something like a man's cologne, and it was kind of woodsy. I don't think it's connected, though. Rather, perhaps it was the friendly entity that frequents my household. I wrote another topic on him, but can't link to it on the Tapatalk app.

Anyway, I just thought I'd keep you all posted on my progress. :) Sorry for rambling, I'm a bit tired.

~Falcon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401508911.905760.jpg
{Freya and young Merlin as portrayed by Laura Donnelly and Colin Morgan in BBC's "Merlin"}
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Hmm, that Image isn't showing up for me. I'll try it again uploading with Tapatalk instead of as an attachment, and if it doesn't work, call it a glitch.

~Falcon

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”