Interacting with the Gods and Goddesses.

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Calla99

Post by Calla99 »

Hi,
Can interacting/conversing with the Gods and Goddesses cause bad? I don't mean meeting on a regular basis but on the occasions when I have or in the future if I need to, would this cause a negative effect on me? Even if it's health related or something along the lines of karma or even if the Gods/Goddesses themselves cause some effect on me. When I have visited - with the permission of my patron deity - I have shown the utmost respect and always thanked them for their help and even thanked them for seeing me in the first place.
Thanks!
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Interacting with the Gods and Goddesses.

Post by loona wynd »

Calla99 wrote:Hi,
Can interacting/conversing with the Gods and Goddesses cause bad? I don't mean meeting on a regular basis but on the occasions when I have or in the future if I need to, would this cause a negative effect on me?
I dont believe so. Talking with the Gods in any form should not have any sort of ill effects on you.
Calla99 wrote: Even if it's health related or something along the lines of karma or even if the Gods/Goddesses themselves cause some effect on me. When I have visited - with the permission of my patron deity - I have shown the utmost respect and always thanked them for their help and even thanked them for seeing me in the first place.
Thanks!
If you haven't had any ill effects from conversing with the Gods right now you shouldn't have any issues with that in the future.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

i agree with loona
i personally talk to the god and goddess like real people all the time
my most common form of doing this is writing them a letter and burning it so that they can read it in the spirit realm
if its got ill effects i wouldnt know cus ive not had any in fact i think it makes me closer to them

in fact back in the old days when temples were common it was not unheard of for people to walk in an talk to the statues of the gods temple that they were visiting and asking for advice, blessings and/or offer thanks for having helped them
later when it was less common and the temples less likely to be used they did the same thing with home made talismans that they had in their home (our modern day version is alters) so its not that unheard of actually

just remember the respect and you should be good
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

In all the years I have been practicing and working with the Dieties I have never heard of nor experienced something negative from them. I honestly do not believe that can or would happen. They are here to help guide and help us.
Lightbringer

Post by Lightbringer »

I agree with everyone else, I don't think that can happen. I communicate with my God and Goddess all the time. I don't think true deities will ever threaten you or hurt you.

I have heard of this being a source of grief for some people who claim to have "Shaman's sickness" or something like that. They would have extremely demanding Gods or Goddesses who would threaten to punish or hurt them if they didn't do everything that was asked. These were things like dedicating an entire room in the house to them or buying expensive equipment that the person couldn't afford, and shutting themselves away from their loved ones so that they could meditate/pray/whatever. These people had clear red flags of mental or emotional illness, so I don't think it was actually deities who were communicating with them. I think they were delusions of the illness that they had.

Actually, reading about those people made me really angry because they were written by spouses and partners who were reluctantly enabling this behavior to continue, rather than seeking help.
MistressOfTheMoon

Post by MistressOfTheMoon »

I do not think that interacting with deities can cause harm, or that deities deliberately want to harm you. I believe that dark times in our lives are a necessary part of life which give way to rebirth and renewal. I also believe that deities can lead us to these dark times, not because they want to see us suffer but because they want to help us learn something. It is ultimately our choices that shape our future, and deities are not to be blamed.
"For the Spirit lies within."
~ Ada S.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I agree with others and dont think this could have a negative effect. I think having casual chats or more indepth discussions with your deities will actually strengthen the bond. I talk with the ones I work with regularly.
Klia

Post by Klia »

I have read in several books that even if you question the Gods and Goddess's work (un-hopeful and negative of course), they honor your questions, instead of getting mad. Being curious is a positive thing in life and allows for further knowledge.
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Klia wrote:I have read in several books that even if you question the Gods and Goddess's work (un-hopeful and negative of course), they honor your questions, instead of getting mad. Being curious is a positive thing in life and allows for further knowledge.
Love this. I know the ones I work with (archangels included) love to be "of service" and are glad to help guide me.

I read in a book recently the author said that she never just says "thank you" to her deities that she instead leaves offerings. Her theory was that thanking them with words belittled the things they do, or puts you at different levels. I dont remember her exact feeling on this, but I thought it was strange.

I thank mine all the time, after every prayer/request/asking for guidance/help. I dont think it belittles the relationship at all. I still leave offerings etc. But I imagine my relationships with them to be like close friends. I would thank a close friend who lent a helping hand.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”