Connecting with a god and goddess

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Gothfey

Connecting with a god and goddess

Post by Gothfey »

Hello everyone!

Surely you've all read something similar already, but just wanted to share my experience of the god and goddess these last two days. To communicate and feel them is something I tried a long time ago, and I felt their presence but there were no names, they were just what they are. But now that I've gotten just a little bit more mature in working with energy, I sensed them on a new level. Lately I just suddenly felt attracted somehow, and made contact with them (this time a certain kind of god and goddess). I noticed how real they felt, they showed me what they look like and it was in unexpected ways but very inspiring. It was Aphrodite and a sun/fire god. I could feel their love for me as a spiritual being, wanting me to continue to grow. I've been off the craft from time to time, but then got halfheartedly back to it and so on, but always felt so connected to it but got easily distracted by mundane things. But now I feel more attracted and this powerful event made me sing out of joy! I noticed how complete I felt by speaking to them and being with them. Very empowering and it feels like my personal energy is rising.

I suppose that developing a strong relationship to your god and goddess must indeed strengthen and make spells more successful? I've never incorporated working with them in spells, so I wanted to ask all of you if you do this and what difference it makes when not including them?

~Blessed be!
:flyingwitch:
Black is the color of creation. Black is the maternal color and thus the starlit night gives birth to a new day.
Lillady

Re: Connecting with a god and goddess

Post by Lillady »

It is not wrong to not follow certain deities. There are many out there who just follow and include them all in their works. To have Aphrodite call upon you is awesome, especially after your never following any certain one. Reminds me of me. I have been practicing for about 20 years now and never was called out to or touched by a specific deity until last year when I took my ex back to court for the (hopefully) last time over our daughters. I was meditating and doing a prayer for court one evening and Isis (the Mother Goddess) called out to me. I was in my complete mediative state and suddenly began singing her name. It was a beautiful moment, she has been with me since. Here even more recently, Diana has been calling out to me. Not sure why yet as she is was the goddess of the hunt, the moon and birthing, being associated with wild animals and woodland, and having the power to talk to and control animals. Only time will tell.

Anyhow, I am rambling (my apologies) having specific deities can strengthen you and your works but not having any can also. The Gods and Goddesses come to all of us in some form or fashion, some will reveal themselves, others may not just depends on them and the right time. It really makes no differences in your works as you should always give your thanks and call out to them (specific or not) so they are technically always there.
Gothfey

Re: Connecting with a god and goddess

Post by Gothfey »

Thanks for ur reply! :)
Yes, that make sense. I actually forgot to mention that I've always had a connection with the underworld of the Greek pantheon, but never really called out to them. Persephone's story is in a symbolic way, so much like my life it's quite scary. So I suppose she is one of my main goddesses, but at the point of life that I am now Aphrodite and a fire god came to me. Persephone and I are so much alike it almost seems that we are the same (which is crazy in my opinion). But she never directly called out to me, but when I read about her a couple years ago I was stunned at our similarities. Because of that I naturally feel that Hades is very close to me. I feel the energies of the underworld very present, but I've never taken the action to really speak with any of them... Just realized that now, actually, lol. It's quite strange because I have a spirit guide that called out to me many years ago when I was a young teen, and he showed me signs and places in dreams. They repeated themselves so I investigated what I saw and it all pointed to the god Hypnos. I dreamt of the river Lethe and saw his cave and so on... I've called my guide "Hypnos" since then, but I don't think he is the god Hypnos, he just presented himself as that before probably because I needed to understand a certain message. Yet, I wasn't sure if he was real. Then a professional psychic told me about him and her description matched what I saw.
He serves as a special teacher of spirituality and magic of some sorts (he's a shapeshifter aswell), it is shown in the way he dresses in dark clothes and golden eyes, and occasionally he shows himself as black animals (in our world I am often followed by crows, ravens). I feel that he has a lot knowledge about the underworld, so I suppose he is a messenger of that world but he surely have as much wisdom as that as any other world.

phew. Sorry about the rambling, I tend to do that too! ^^
Black is the color of creation. Black is the maternal color and thus the starlit night gives birth to a new day.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”