Paganism: When There Aren't Any Gods

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
IsaacIcarus

Re: Paganism: When There Aren't Any Gods

Post by IsaacIcarus »

Excellent thread, thank you! This is something I've been struggling with in my own path, I'll be sure to check out those resources so I can grow in my connection to the Lady and Lord. :)
demoiselle

Post by demoiselle »

This thread was incredibly helpful to me. Thank you.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

-Dark-Moon- wrote:I love your posts, Xiao. Very thoughtfully written.

I might add that the ancient Hindu texts the Rig Veda state that 'We created the Gods' and that thus they are simply divine projections of ourselves.

'Magic/ritual' is simply one method we use for access to them.

The only thing that can be truly known in this incomprehensible universe, is ourselves. We, our consciousness, our experience, is the universe.

Out of the void, we are the creator.

We are 'God'.
You are very wise and speak an ancient truth unknown or overlooked by almost everyone. This is exactly what we learned from the "Agency's" Star Gate program. We are Akasha (Akashic Records) and Akasha is Spirit and the Gods are manifestations of Spirit. "A pre-existing God did not create the Cosmos but rather the life phenomenon entangled throughout the Cosmos is morphing into (Cosmic Consciousness) God" We are the units of awareness comprising Spirit.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Shekinah wrote:
-Dark-Moon- wrote:I love your posts, Xiao. Very thoughtfully written.

I might add that the ancient Hindu texts the Rig Veda state that 'We created the Gods' and that thus they are simply divine projections of ourselves.

'Magic/ritual' is simply one method we use for access to them.

The only thing that can be truly known in this incomprehensible universe, is ourselves. We, our consciousness, our experience, is the universe.

Out of the void, we are the creator.

We are 'God'.
Wonderful insight Dark Moon. The Pantheon are thought beings of our creation materialized by visualization and conjuration by practitioners of our art over tens of thousands of years. These require our recurrent mental energies and thusly they are eager to work with us. Collectively the life phenomenon across the space/time is entangled as Spirit. A pre-existent God did not create the multiverse but rather the multiverse via the life phenomenon is evolving a God.
you must really have liked her post Shekinah lol....miss that poster, we hadn't heard back from them since the hurricane down there in 2014, sure hope she's ok halfsm
we have a saying in our group when preforming the cakes and ale ceremony, and that's is, "We are not here to worship the Gods but to become the Gods" for thou art God, thou art Goddess"
-Dark-Moon- wrote:We are 'God'.
Indeed :fairy:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
GhostRider
Banned Member

Post by GhostRider »

I hope people will excuse me but I don't have the sense of humor to be God. Omniscience, omnipotence and omnipresence is too heavy a work load to wake up to on Monday morning. That's doubly true on Monday's that follow a weekend of Godless debauchery. I'll just happily practice the Craft and try to remember how much I have to learn and how much wisdom I still need to develop. :twisted:
Florenna

Post by Florenna »

I know this is an old topic, but I just wanted to say that Xiao Rong's starting post was incredibly helpful & insightful (especially for a newcomer on this site; having considered myself more or less an Atheist for most of my life, and having in the past myself criticised people who believe in nonsense that can't be seen (those of Abrahamic religions), I'm now a bit torn especially for my great interest and belief in magick... :oops: ). Thank you!
Xiao Rong wrote: Oh, super dull! That's why I didn't stick with it; I've always grown up craving ritual and magic, wanting it to be real even if I couldn't believe in it at the time. However, I will say (as I mentioned above) that there are people who find that they don't need anything more than science, because it already opens up so much wonder and mystery in just the complexity of the universe, that gods seem unnecessary.
I used to be one of those; and I'd even say that I consider it much more dull having been raised in a "habitually Christian" household (not sure if that's actually a proper term in English, as it's in my local language, but I'm sure people know what I mean - those who are members of a church but don't really practice it or have any beliefs affecting everyday life, so nominally Christian but in practice quite secular) - of course it's easy to say, not having had the experience myself, but I do feel I'd have taken a hardcore Atheist parent over that any day ;)
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

It be fine to be Atheist and so much more thoughtful then being one of the Abrahamic religions mindless lemmings. When coming in tune with Nature and experiencing enlightenment and a sense of oneness with the Cosmos even we Atheists feel the presence of a conscious presence (Spirit) wafting throughout creation. "Our true nature lives, as perfect as an unwritten number, everywhere at once across space and time" (Jonathan Livingston Seagull) Collectively we are this Spirit call it what we will. From Hermes: "We must be bold to say that an earthly being is a mortal God and that the heavenly Gods are immortal beings"
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Purpledove

Post by Purpledove »

A well written piece I must say. I'm still wondering how I stumbled upon this amazing forum.
StanLily
Banned Member

Post by StanLily »

Just doing a little bit of reading here. Only page one so far, but it seems that I'm a pantheistic animist, which I feel fits me quite well.
Remember the Alamo!
Ellis Asher

Post by Ellis Asher »

New guy here who nevertheless wishes to join the conversation. My word, we have a whole lot of intellect in the room. If I thought I had to know more (next to nothing) I would be mortally intimidated. Now, to my point.

My first step was to address the two limitations to being a witch in the old (with emphasis on old) testament. Um, it's the old testament. The new testament boiled down to it's simplest form is that there's a new and better deal for us. I am not constrained by the old testament. At most, it's context for the enormity of the new deal.

God, or my God is neither male or female but rather the one entity that desires relationship. When I am in my element I do pray to nature or the universe without being constrained by the notion that I can only worship one thing. The universes. Inside us and out, is too big and wonderful to limit any form of marvel.

So, I guess what I desire is to form my own special, thoughtful, meaningful method of worshipping the now and perhaps creating a magical process to enhance my every effort.

All constructive criticism will be appreciated.
birublackzoey

Post by birublackzoey »

Most entities are not Gods, and even if they are, they are only perceived as "more" by us.

For me, there is nothing more powerful that Life itself, as a channel to Intelligent Design /Divinity.

Keep in mind, that we are only using human language (english) to describe it, to give it a form to help our own understanding.

What it truly is, is more than what we can know or describe. I think this is the only intellectual gymnastic here.

In the end, this is the Alpha and Omega for me. The Father, and The Mother.

Some might be tempted to call it the ultimate God, but for me, there is no need.

Life / Universe / Divinity trumps all known "gods" - and in many ways forms the foundational belief of what we know as paganistic or animistic beliefs.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”