Does your God/dess ever get mad at you?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Aceso

Does your God/dess ever get mad at you?

Post by Aceso »

I have yet to visually see my deity. I was on the verge of meeting who the god/goddess was and I became distracted.
I was meditating and I realized that my animal guide, a glowing white shi tzu; named illuminessa appeared. She turned into a glowing lion. Which lead me to a tree. Now my God or Goddess was sitting in the tree. I could not see the face. I was pulled out of the meditative contact by my phone. I tried to go back and all I seen was bright orange and reds splotches blocking me. I feel like I have insulted the god/dess. What can I do to make amends?
azriel

Re: Does your God/dess ever get mad at you?

Post by azriel »

The Gods and Goddesses are never insulted, so I would not worry if I were you. When concentration in a meditation session is cut then it is difficult to return for that day. But, if you fear that you have insulted them then that could be a contributing factor as to why you will not see them. Not because they are angry with you, but because you must be ready to accept the love and guidance, not fear that you will be punished for being "late" or not doing it right the first time. Negative energies and thoughts will only hinder your ability to concentrate.
I have found that It is best to wait a day or maybe a few more until you feel you are ready to meet your Deity again. Without fear, and without remorse.
The next time you do meditate, turn off any distractions or put them on silent so that you can fulfill your goal.
I look forward to when you are able to meet your deity!

Blessings to you Aceso!
Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

A general rule of thumb is ...No electronics in circle, or during meditation. Not only turn them off, but leave them far from where you are working. This includes watches (if anyone still wears a watch). The electro-magnetic energy they put out can distort whatever you are doing.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

Thank you Ariel and Firebirdflys. I will leave electronics out of meditation. Also to know they do not get angry took a weight off my shoulders.
Lightbringer

Post by Lightbringer »

Mine get angry at me quite a lot! It's like having another set of parents!
nightflighter

Post by nightflighter »

In my case, She only got mad at me a few times; this was a few years ago. It has'nt happened since, as we're more on the same "plane of understanding", as it were. "Learning and Loving". loveface
"Dancing Barefoot in the Ashes"
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

firebirdflys wrote:This includes watches (if anyone still wears a watch).
BB, FF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqOBBhRpnxE

But I digress...
The same goes for pets, often times I have to put the cats in the living room. They like to rub against me during meditation; and basically any other time. lol

Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Skyleaf

Post by Skyleaf »

My cats are sometimes very very curious when I do a spell or visualization. They're why I don't do candle magic much anymore.

My patron deity has never gotten angry with me. He's quite patient considering how much I rail and fuss sometimes. Although he has gotten frustrated on occasion.
seidkonacat

Post by seidkonacat »

firebirdflys wrote:A general rule of thumb is ...No electronics in circle, or during meditation. Not only turn them off, but leave them far from where you are working. This includes watches (if anyone still wears a watch). The electro-magnetic energy they put out can distort whatever you are doing.
BB, FF
I generally agree with this, but I would like to state that I usually have music playing when I meditate or do a ritual, and I keep my ipod and speakers close enough to my work area that I can hear it. It's never presented a problem for me, and the deities I have contacted don't seem to mind either. So having electronics on your person may not be a good idea, but having something nearby doesn't seem to cause any problems, at least for me. Maybe this is because the music has its own energy?
Moonfire

Post by Moonfire »

Not quite angry but...annoyed or irritated. Ra is quite the handful and sometimes I can rub him the wrong way. Because he is a very proud deity and I can be blunt in the sense that I tell him he needs to tone it down. xD
spikeychick

Post by spikeychick »

Due to a poor choice in words, I once had Eris flop a piece of apple on my face to prove she would. Lol good times, good times.
random417

Post by random417 »

spikeychick wrote:Due to a poor choice in words, I once had Eris flop a piece of apple on my face to prove she would. Lol good times, good times.
I warned you lol
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
spikeychick

Post by spikeychick »

Yes, yes you did warn me. Lol :P

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”