When is the festival days of Bastet and Anubis?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Selena Silverlynx

When is the festival days of Bastet and Anubis?

Post by Selena Silverlynx »

Hi!
I have a question concerning Bastet and Anubis. The question is when the festival days of Bastet and Anubis take place.

Selena Silverlynx
Why are black cats associated with witches?
Because black is an awesome colour, cats are awesome, and so are witches. People are actually linking awesomeness to awesomeness to awesomeness. ;)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: When is the festival days of Bastet and Anubis?

Post by Firebird »

Celebrate Bast on or about the 23 of July, when the Sun enters Leo.
Anubis, however, I don't know
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Selena Silverlynx

firebirdflys wrote:Celebrate Bast on or about the 23 of July, when the Sun enters Leo.
BB, FF
Thank you. :)
Because black is an awesome colour, cats are awesome, and so are witches. People are actually linking awesomeness to awesomeness to awesomeness. ;)
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

I worship Anubis on the waning moon phase astrologically on Saturdays as he represents Aspects of Saturn and is the Guardian of the Dead.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

The Festival of Anubis is April 10th and the Festival of Bast is on March 4th & 5th according to the Ancient Egyptian calendars I found online.
Selena Silverlynx

Isis3Anubis wrote:The Festival of Anubis is April 10th and the Festival of Bast is on March 4th & 5th according to the Ancient Egyptian calendars I found online.
Thank you. :)
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

Turns out my dates were wrong. According to Kemetic practitioners the calendar dates are different each year according to astronomical information. The Egyptian Pagans on Facebook feel Bast is a springtime goddess of earth and I have found different dates online for Bast celebrations in April. Anubis is considered the same type of earthy god and again April is a popular time according to various sources online. Go with your gut instincts.
Selena Silverlynx

Isis3Anubis wrote:Turns out my dates were wrong. According to Kemetic practitioners the calendar dates are different each year according to astronomical information. The Egyptian Pagans on Facebook feel Bast is a springtime goddess of earth and I have found different dates online for Bast celebrations in April. Anubis is considered the same type of earthy god and again April is a popular time according to various sources online. Go with your gut instincts.
Thanks for the info. :) :flyingwitch:
seidkonacat

Post by seidkonacat »

firebirdflys wrote:Celebrate Bast on or about the 23 of July, when the Sun enters Leo.
BB, FF
That's good to know! I go to school in Memphis Tennessee, and Bast was widely worshiped in Memphis, Egypt, so I can't help but feel her presence lingers here--we even have a pyramid. It couldn't hurt to honor her once a year.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”