I in no way mean to offend, just want opinions

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
frozenlight

I in no way mean to offend, just want opinions

Post by frozenlight »

I was taught by some different people. Firstly my own grandmother and I also had a mentor for a couple of years during my time in the USA. Now, I have never really felt a particular affinity to any select God or Goddess. But i do believe that they exist as a spiritual force that personify (don't know if i'm using the right word for this) themselves into deities to make it easier for us to comprehend them. I simply refer to them as the spirits...as from a young age this is what i have always known (like, in my heart. not 'known' as in been taught to believe). Does anyone else have this particular feeling/belief?

Don't get me wrong, i am in no way intending to denounce anybody else beliefs here. I am simply asking what are your beliefs because I'm curious if my way of thinking is felt by others.

Thank you for your time,
FL
Does anyone know where I can score some chronic mugwort?
Truthseeker

Re: I in no way mean to offend, just want opinions

Post by Truthseeker »

I am not particularly drawn to any specific God or Goddess either, but I always thought that it might be because I believe in The One- a godhead, who, for me, exists as a unit of male and female- God and Goddess as a couple. I believe that people perceive Him/Her/Them as different Deities according to their own experiences and/or culture. And I also believe in a vast array of spirit beings, both positive and negative. I don't think that anyone has a right to decide for another what is 'right'. We each have our own path to find and we are created as individuals, in mind, body and spirit. There is no 'one size fits all'.
Blessings~Stonewitch
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

Of course, I agree wholeheartedly on 'no one size fits all', that's why i had to say a couple of times i didn't mean to offend, and was merely asking others opinions :D

I also believe in a vast array of Spirit beings; Fae, Astral, Earthbound spirits, Spiritual Guides/Teachers, etc. I hope to reconnect with them during my reuniting with my path. I merely mean to point out that I do believe in a Creation kind of Being/energy that, like what you believe, will manifest itself in regards to peoples beliefs or culture.

Thanks Stonewitch,
FL
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

ahhhh! i put personify themselves!!! I meant ITSELF! sorry to confuse...what is going on with this font?
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

Lol :D, no problem. And I do not see any reason that anyone should take offense. :)
Blessings- Stonewitch
Zili

Post by Zili »

I have the same belief frozenlight, but i do identify with the aspects personified for the longest time I have had a connection to Dionysus (wine, alcohol, addiction, ecstasy, and theatre) for several reasons.
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

Thanks guys for the replies,

Starwitch, glad we got each other on that point :-)

Z, if you feel comfortable enough with it, could you elaborate on your reasoning. Not because i wish to question it, im just very curious. You can PM if you prefer. Or simply ignore this request if you feel it is too personal, i understand.

FL
Zili

Post by Zili »

I don't mind, I post about it every chance I get so I may come off as annoying to other people lol.

The first time I learned about Dionysus I was a theatre student and had I played my cards right I would have been a hair and makeup artist for theatre instead I studied history and writing lol. So that was my first connection. The second, I' a recovering alcoholic (Proud to say that sobriety has been going well for a long time now and I've done it on my own cold turkey and without support) The third connection learning to find the joy in life, I'm a long time unmediated sufferer of depression and anxiety disorders, sad and stressed beyond all hope I have to stop myself and remember to find that which has made me feel the happiest and find my way back to it.

And finally amethyst, the myth of the stone is that Dionysus vowed to strike the next human he saw after a human insulted him. That human was a young woman on her way to the temple of Diana for worship and she prayed to her goddess who protected her from the drunk god by turning her into a statue of quartz. Seeing that he caused her fear and the resulting statue he was saddened and dropped his cup of wine. The stone soaked up the wine giving it a purple hue thus creating the amethyst which is why amethyst is a protection stone. Amethyst has been one of my favorite stones for many years before I even found paganism.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”