The Goddess Guide

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Demented Moon

The Goddess Guide

Post by Demented Moon »

It is a book and it provides A LOT of information on the Goddesses throughout the world. Over 400 goddesses are listed and described in this book. It is VERY useful and can be bought in any common bookstore. I got mine at Barnes&Noble.

It lists Greek, Norse, Hindu, Egyptian, Mesopotamian, African and more kinds of goddesses.

I just thought I should post this because I see a lot of people wanting to do research on goddesses and find one that suits their needs, and this one book is perfect for the job.

It provides all the information you could have ever asked for about almost every known and not well known goddess in one single book.

It even provides what colors they like, the times to invoke them, everything!!! Even info about the Wheel Of the Year

If you are unable to purchase this book, and need info about a certain goddess please contact me and I would love to help in any and every way I can. :)
MoonFlowerMary

Re: The Goddess Guide

Post by MoonFlowerMary »

Hey there Demented Moon :)
Just wanted to know, how do you find out your Patron Goddess/God?
Is there a way to find out?
Remember the stars that filled the sky
Remember the moon that shined so high
Remember the tree that was so small
Remember me,
Remember it all
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Patron Deity Visualization
•Find a comfortable spot where you will not be disturbed for a few minutes.
•Light a candle and incense and put on some music to get in a relaxed mood.
•On a table in front of you, place either a statue or other representation of your patron.
•Start to concentrate on your breathing. Counting beats is helpful for this. The four-count breath is a popular and effective technique. Inhale to a count of four, hold your breath to a count of four, exhale and hold both to a count of four. Do this for several breaths, then stop counting and breathe naturally.
•You can either focus your eyes on the symbol of your patron or close your eyes and see it in your mind's eye.
•Think about why you feel attracted to this deity. Ask the deity why it has chosen you. If you are meditating to find out who your patron is, try to focus on what characteristics in people you are drawn to. What are those personality traits you greatly admire? Accept the answers you receive and record them in a journal, preferably one devoted to your Pagan practice.
MoonFlowerMary

Post by MoonFlowerMary »

Ravencry wrote:Patron Deity Visualization
•Find a comfortable spot where you will not be disturbed for a few minutes.
•Light a candle and incense and put on some music to get in a relaxed mood.
•On a table in front of you, place either a statue or other representation of your patron.
•Start to concentrate on your breathing. Counting beats is helpful for this. The four-count breath is a popular and effective technique. Inhale to a count of four, hold your breath to a count of four, exhale and hold both to a count of four. Do this for several breaths, then stop counting and breathe naturally.
•You can either focus your eyes on the symbol of your patron or close your eyes and see it in your mind's eye.
•Think about why you feel attracted to this deity. Ask the deity why it has chosen you. If you are meditating to find out who your patron is, try to focus on what characteristics in people you are drawn to. What are those personality traits you greatly admire? Accept the answers you receive and record them in a journal, preferably one devoted to your Pagan practice.
I think you have me mistaken. I was wondering how to find a Patron/Matron God/Goddess. I know you're suppose to feel a strong bond between them and yourself. However, there are many many Gods/Goddesses out there. Is there any way to find mine more quickly? Or should I just keep on looking?
Remember the stars that filled the sky
Remember the moon that shined so high
Remember the tree that was so small
Remember me,
Remember it all
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

*Facepalm* I thought it was a meditation to find your patron, not connect with them. Sorry about the mix up.

Now- I suggest following this meditation-
-Find a comfortable spot where you will be alone and undisturbed throughout your meditation.
-Light a white candle and burn some sandalwood incense, if you have any. If not, any color candle and incense scent will do.
-Begin by concentrating on your breathing. Counting beats is helpful for this. The four-count breath is a popular and effective technique. Inhale to a count of four, hold your breath to a count of four, exhale and hold both to a count of four. Do this for several breaths, then stop counting and breathe naturally.
- Once you are in a trance state, call in your astral voice- "Gods and Goddesses of the world, I ask my Mother and Father to show themselves to me." Note any symbols or scents that you smell. Symbols can be plants, trees, animals, just about anything.
- Thank the spirits who have answered your call, if they have answered.
- Slowly come back to the physical realm.

If this doesn't work, then I suggest just finding one that you feel a connection with or who symbolizes things that you are connected with and waiting until one does call you. Sometimes the God/Goddess will just give you a calm/loving feeling when you say their name or view their image. There are a few ways that they can contact you, just be sure to be on the look out for any possible signs.
RoseRidingHood

Post by RoseRidingHood »

This book sounds fantastic! Could you post an amazon link perhaps, and/or share with me what information it holds on Persephone?

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”