Anyone work with Hekate?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Gwenni_Fae

Anyone work with Hekate?

Post by Gwenni_Fae »

I have heard opinions of others along the lines of 'Hekate cannot be a matron Goddess etc' however I'm my own witch and I follow my own path. I have adopted Hekate as my Goddess because I've always felt incredibly drawn to her, have dreams about her, and it just feels right.
Does anyone else here feel similar? Do you have a Hekate altar, etc? How did you come to be with her?
:)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Anyone work with Hekate?

Post by Firebird »

Anyone you have a strong attunement to can be your matron Goddess, if you have an affiliation to endings or choices, then this Goddess of Greek lore is perfect. She embodies the maiden mother crone of all women. Who would say she cannot be the Goddess who speaks to you? Blessings Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
MoonlitOrchid

Post by MoonlitOrchid »

Hecate is my matron goddess too! She started coming to me in dreams before I knew who she was. Since I've only been waling this path a short time I had not explored different deities. I have been working with her a short time but I feel a strong attunement with her. I'm in the process of moving but intend to set up an inconspicuos altar in my kitchen at the new place. I'm still in the broom closet.
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Hecate is very strong, I only call on her when I am in need of her assistance in magickal workings, she is supossedly kind to all who adhere to the laws of magick so I try to keep on her good side.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Kyrianna

Post by Kyrianna »

I have asked for Hekate's help. I don't exactly do the full out spell/ ritual thing, it's more of a "looking a the sky and asking for assistance" sort of thing. I haven't received any indication that she is angered by this. But I also ask other gods and goddesses for help, is that wrong?
MoonlitOrchid

Post by MoonlitOrchid »

Kyrianna- I frequently call out to Hekate without a full out spell or ritual. She has never shown any problem with that. She has always shown herself to be there for me. I believe intent is everything -and not just for spells.
Call upon any god or goddess you feel you need or feel connected to. There is nothing wrong with that.
Blessings :)
Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet »

I work with Hekate a lot
jujupanda

Post by jujupanda »

How do you work with her?
seawitch Artist

Post by seawitch Artist »

The Hekate orientated author and Priestess Sorita D'Esta has began a series of youtubes about Hekate...http://www.youtube.com/user/hersacredfires
nuttyangel

Post by nuttyangel »

Hi.Anyone have any idea how hekate is pronounced please? Thank you :D x
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I believe its Heh- Kah- tey.
nuttyangel

Post by nuttyangel »

Thank you ravencry :D xx
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

I see this is an older post... But I'm new to this site...
I've worked with Hecate for some time.. She's wonderfully helpful, but you must listen.. She is very powerful and expects respect. I love her story, .. But there's some different twists to her story...
Some say she was born of Artemis, another says Demeter, yet another says Nyx... She's also known as a virgin Goddess, but she's portrayed as the triple Goddess with symbols of her with "maiden, mother,crone" statues... With a beautiful baby bump.
There's even rumors of a consort, although I forget his name at the moment.
Some say she has dominion of air land and sea.. And she is known to guide should beyond the veil... And bring children into this world as midwives... She's known to roam 3 way crossroads, and she was several symbols... There's much much more too!
Blessings,
M~Dragons
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Yes, I work with Hekate.

She will always help you, but she will make sweeping changes in your life. Although these may be hard, they will be for the better

Probably the world expert on Hekate is Sorita D'Este. She has the best researched information. I'd highly reccommend checking out Her Sacred firess, Hekate Liminal rites. And keys to the crossroads. Her other Wicca books come highly recommended, but I personally have not read them. She also has one on the Morrigan - called Guises of the Morrigan.

She also has utube videos.

Blessings
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

I studied Wicca, I actually did my year and a day. ... After that, I came to the conclusion, that being a pagan witch better suited me. I'm a Polytheist. .. I can't shake that feeling. And to me, Wicca denies that, in a way. I'm not anti Wicca, I just love to feel that each God and Goddess as a different personality.
Thank you for the authors name... I have studied many, many years.. Don't know if I ran across her not, but I will look into her. I know her symbols.. Her different stories.. Snakes, dogs, (3headed, black... Hekabe) horses, 3way crossroads.. Midwife, she helps spirits cross beyond the veil, .. I just love hearing new information... Her direction is the west.. (associated with water) willows, moonstone... Most people associate her as the Crone, but I don't. I associate her as a Mother. Taking care of the drifters... The "stranglings" at the edge of society...
The orphans, the runaways.. The black sheeps... The ones that always went against the grain...not because they "wanted" to, but because they didn't know any other way...those beautiful souls that the Goddess calls upon..

May her torch guide you
M~Dragons

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”