Woman in Dream... Goddess?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
luna22

Woman in Dream... Goddess?

Post by luna22 »

So I had a dream a while back, I was on an island, and the island was covered by an ancient forest. The plants and flowers were other-worldly and quite mesmerizing. I noticed a small pond, so I walked over. There were purple star burst like flowers with yellow orbiting centers and they were glowing. Suddenly the pond came alive, bubbled, lit up, and out came a woman dressed totally in white draping clothing. She had decorations in her hair- like small jewels or pearls. Animals came to surround the pond from the forest- a fawn, some squirrels, birds, a rabbit... She said she was glad to see me (like we knew each other) and then went on explaining about the demise of this world, and that if they didn't stop cutting down the trees then it'd be the end, and that it was up to me to help make that *not* happen. Then she disappeared and the forest went back to it's usual rhythm.

I looked for goddesses in white usually associated with water, found Nerthus and Frau Holda... anyone have any other impressions?
shadowx
Banned Member

Re: Woman in Dream... Goddess?

Post by shadowx »

Yup, it was merely a dream. You are powerless to stop the activities of the millions. You have no ability or option to stop deforestation or resource depletion. So, either the goddess was lying or she wasnt real at all ;)
luna22

Post by luna22 »

someone must be bored.
JuniperBerry
Banned Member

Post by JuniperBerry »

luna22 wrote:So I had a dream a while back, I was on an island, and the island was covered by an ancient forest. The plants and flowers were other-worldly and quite mesmerizing. I noticed a small pond, so I walked over. There were purple star burst like flowers with yellow orbiting centers and they were glowing. Suddenly the pond came alive, bubbled, lit up, and out came a woman dressed totally in white draping clothing. She had decorations in her hair- like small jewels or pearls. Animals came to surround the pond from the forest- a fawn, some squirrels, birds, a rabbit... She said she was glad to see me (like we knew each other) and then went on explaining about the demise of this world, and that if they didn't stop cutting down the trees then it'd be the end, and that it was up to me to help make that *not* happen. Then she disappeared and the forest went back to it's usual rhythm.

I looked for goddesses in white usually associated with water, found Nerthus and Frau Holda... anyone have any other impressions?
Nerthus is a goddess, but she is generally seen as Earth. Holda is a goddess in the same Germanic pantheon, and I would think you most likely 'saw' her. She is known to wear white since her season is Yule. Her home is also a sacred pool.

I wouldn't take the trees as a literal statement. Trees are important in Germnaic mythology; we have the world tree Yggdrassil, Ask and Embla ( first heathen man and woman) were said to be logs, statuary of the gods were carved from branches, the sacred temples of the gods were in groves and sacrifices were hung from them, and last -amongst several things not mentioned- we have the family tree.

Holda is a goddess of many things, including mothers and children. Mothers' night ( a Germanic holiday) is coming soon. She is also the patron of deceased/unbaptized newborns and infants. Not sure if that has any meaning for you.

You may have germanic blood, and Holda has come to you to find your 'roots', and to not let the family tree of your ancestors die out, guiding you back to the gods and ancestors.
The Gods we worship write their names on our faces; be sure of that. A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

As believers in the folk-religion we are studying, we seek after mysteries that expand the scope of our gods and our understanding of them, not reductionist theories that reduce them to manageable and socially productive "functions".

-Our Troth
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Far from it my dear! You have a dream involving a goddess type character and immediately assume some amazing goddess has singled you out as special, it is not I that is bored ;)
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Did you have this thoughts and fears earlier on? About the demise of the world? Cause it seems like you really fear for the world and this dream would be a symbol for this fear. You know what's gonna happen with all those trees and the climate and the animals and stuff and you fear. What would you wish to happen? Maybe that a beautiful Goddess will appear in a mythical way and will somehow stop it? Or cry for help? So everyone will see the damage?

I think it was a really beautiful wishing dream. But it still can be an important one. You can learn to understand your need for a better world. And you can learn how to achieve a better world. Working with a related Goddess could surely help you on your way of understanding this. And you've already got this picture in your mind :)
JuniperBerry
Banned Member

Post by JuniperBerry »

Luna isn't posting a thousand messages at once proclaiming to be special or giving us her super secret spells. She's posted like, three times, to ask about a powerful and meaningful dream. I don't think we need to jump down her throat just yet. ;)

When I was new I asked some silly questions, thought I saw and experienced some things...the mind and heart are awakening to new possibilities and energies and spirits in the air.What helped me wasn't mockery but a decent, mature, educational and valuable look at the causes and mythology and rationale behind what I was experiencing.

I hope that we have at least given her some direction and food for thought. Time will tell, yeah?
The Gods we worship write their names on our faces; be sure of that. A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

As believers in the folk-religion we are studying, we seek after mysteries that expand the scope of our gods and our understanding of them, not reductionist theories that reduce them to manageable and socially productive "functions".

-Our Troth
luna22

Post by luna22 »

I'm sad at what people assume. I never said I was special, or that anyone singled me out, I merely repeated a dream. And no, I won't flood the forums with idiotic posts, I'm no moron, I'm quite capable of you know... using my brain and modern resources :/

JuniperBerry, I do have Germanic blood, thank you for your input, it's helpful.

Traumwandlerin, yes, I'm constantly worried for the planet, unless something changes, we're quite screwed.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

I think, that change must happen, but I think we are not screwed if not. But that's the problem, humanity will survive (at a lower population obviously), but what else? What about the beauty of nature? The problem is, those in charge will survive, so they don't see a need for change.

Hope you didn't feel like I was thinking about you like a moron. I just wanted to point out, that you had a beautiful dream which tells you a lot about yourself and your path. I'm only much more into interpretation than in real contacts with Gods. Dreaming of a God symbolizes for me a great inner power and a deep wish. And you have both. As I told you, working with this image and feeling, finding a Goddess that fits it, you can go a long way :)
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

We arent screwed. Things may get less comfortable but at the same time there is no proof that humans are the cause of things like climate change. Before i get people jumping down my throat allow me to explain...

The earth changes, slowly, but surely the climate changes, from a time where dinosaurs roamed through tropical jungles in europe to times where the Mediterranean was nearly frozen over. Over millenia even things like the Mediterranean sea itself have dried up completely and then flooded back in. Long before humans had even developed fire on a stick.

We are definitely spewing out lots of greenhouse gases, and they do indeed cause climate change, however the amount released by natural processes probably exceeds what we put out. Methane is HIGHLY efficient at warming the atmosphere and is also produced in huge amounts by rotting vegetation and the earth has a lot of rotting vegetation.

It was still merely a dream, and as powerful as some may say you are, you are only as powerful as the people who follow you. By all means try to make a difference, but you wont even make a dent alone, only by getting a following can you even be noticed. The same is true of all of us.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

We are definately responsible for some of those changes. The change in climate ad the reason to it, of course, is disputable.
luna22

Post by luna22 »

Tramwandlerin, didn't mean to come off like I was referring to you, and I quite agree with your above response ^^ :D

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”