Owls

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Twine
Banned Member

Owls

Post by Twine »

Okay, so I've posted NUMEROUS times about my recent experiences with owls. There have already been two, and now a third. Which is especially strange since I've never seen or heard an owl before all of this started.

The first incident I talk about here.
The second here.
And the third just happened today! I was out in the woods, on an old country bridge working a spell. The spell consisted of me fashioning this ball out of certain herbs and then throwing it into moving water. So I finish the spell and throw it in the stream, turn to walk away and hear- hoot hoot hoot. I turn back immediately and search the woods for any sign of an owl. Nothing. Being a dork, of course, I respond- Is that you? Hoot hoot hoot. I accepted it and moved on and went to wash my hands in the water. I didn't hear it anymore. Strangest part was that this was all taking place in broad daylight.

I know it all has something to do with my Goddess, but I can't for the life of me figure out who she is! There are SO many Goddesses related to owls, it's so difficult to narrow down which Goddess is truly the one that is meant for me.

I've thought Athena, Minerva, Lilith, Blodouedd, Freyja & numerous others that I can't even remember right now! I've drawn a woman, and I think she's the Goddess that I'm to follow, but I can't place who she is.

She has an athletic (perfect) build, as you would expect from a Goddess. She has soft features, big (owl-like) eyes, high, soft cheek-bones, round face and substantial lips. Her hair is big and curly and blonde (I think). It's long, reaching to her hips, but she has it sectioned off so that all of it falls in the front in two long 'tails or maybe braids. They're tied toward the end, not close to her head. For some reason I think that's important.

Does anyone have any idea who this Goddess is??

Much appreciated,
Twine ^^
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

The only goddess from that list that I found that looks similar to what you described is Blodeuwedd.
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Ravencry wrote:The only goddess from that list that I found that looks similar to what you described is Blodeuwedd.
I know she looks the part, but I don't know.
I really can't figure out who she is.
I mean you'd think if you found your Goddess, you'd be all like... EUREKA!
But I have had no EUREKA! moment, as of yet...
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I don't know if your good with meditation, but it seems evident that the goddess of owls is trying to contact you. Try to meditate on the goddess that is calling you. Perhaps she will show herself to you and tell you her name. Unfortunately, I don't have any meditations, but I will formulate one for you tonight, if you wish.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I found a meditation online, so I will post it for you:

On your altar:
It doesnt need to be anything fancy, maybe burn some sandalwood incense, have a small offering to her, burn a white candle or whatever you think will help you feel her presence and also help you to meditate easier. I find that burning incense and a candle always help me to meditate easier.

Meditation:
Once your all set up you could take a small cleansing bath with sea salts to purify, or if you dont have time, just smudge yourself and your area. I always do both, it just helps me get into "ritual mode", but you can do whatever works for you. One way is not better than the other, it's personal.

Get comfortable in front of your altar, breathe in and out slowly a few times and clear your mind. Now starting with your feet and calves, tense your body with each inhaling breath and exhale with your release. Do this all the way up to your throat and head. Feel yourself becoming light and filled with peace.

In your mind envision that you are sitting at the bank of a flowing stream, at the base of a tree in an autumn wood. The leaves are dropping from the tree one by one. As each one gently drifts downward, you notice that there is a word inscribed on each one. Each leaf is a problem you need to let go of in order to enter a mentally quiet and open space. As they fall, they land in the stream and are carried away.

When you feel ready , begin to call on the Goddess. Chant:
Goddess, O Goddess come to me.
Goddess, O Goddess be with me.
Goddess, o Goddess show me thee.

Repeat this chant over and over and let it establish a rhythm of its own. Sooner or later you'll begin to see a vision of her as though you were there and looking out through your own eyes. Look around and remember what you see!

During the vision the Goddess may speak with you, or she may simply smile and embrace you with her loving energy. Speak to her, tell her you love her and how much you want her presence in your life. Listen to what she says. Be sure to ask her her name before you go!

After your encounter is complete, thank her for coming and for her help. Now when you come back to reality make sure you ground yourself. You can do this by eating something, or just turning on a light somewhere in your house (that will definitely awake you from your trance!) . After make sure you write down your whole experience from start to finish so you dont forget.

Continue your relationship with her. The more you do this exercise the easier it will be to "get there". Good luck on your Goddess meditation!
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Thank you for your help and time!
I will be sure to do this tonight! :D
And I think I'll find some way to incorporate the owl feather I have, as well!
^^

I'll be sure to post up any results I get. :)
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I forgot that you had that owl feather! That would be great to add to it!
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Yeah, well, I sorta blow at meditation, so we'll have to see how this goes.
If all else fails, I'll scry or something. That's always fun. :wink:
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Scrying would be good, also. Basically use whatever way a Goddess can contact you. Perhaps if your meditation doesn't work out so well, you could try a spell for her to come to you in your dreams?
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Yeah, I'll just have to experiment around and try what works best for me and keep with it, I guess. :) Maybe I'll just put some names in a hat or something. ;D
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

----------------
Okay, so she came to me last night...
She looked much younger, with freckles (I didn't notice this before), and she didn't say anything, but she giggle and wiggled her nose. I don't know why, but I'm almost POSITIVE she's Norse... The most important thing (I gather) was her touching her necklace and showing it to me.

It was a triangle, hypotenuse up, that had other little triangle-shaped charms dangling off of it. Inside the large triangle, were smaller triangles, silver, white and a realllllly rich blue (I think it was lapis lazuli). It was patterned, but it seemed as though it kept changing, as if each triangle inside was flipping and switching and rotating freely, piecing together like a puzzle by itself. The necklace, though (this is what puzzled me the most), looked Native American or tribal. Which threw me way off.

I dunno if this is at all important, but it's all I have to work with. Any ideas?
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Did the triangle necklace look like this?

http://www.occultblogger.com/wp-content ... symbol.jpg
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

No, it looked like this. And smaller triangle pieces were moving around in the main triangle.

{Sorry, my phone takes AWFUL photos!}
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I can see the picture perfectly. Your phone takes pretty good pics, actually.

Three triangles are a representative of the triple goddess. The Norns are the only Norse triple goddess figure that I can find. I wish I could help more!! I feel like I wanna figure it out so bad! But I also feel like somethings restricting me.
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Could it possibly represent a woman {probably said Goddess; due to ye ole' upside down triangle} giving birth to three sons {the small charms are upward pointing triangles which symbolize male, right?}? A hint, maybe? I'm just brain-storming here. She's not giving me much... Well, that, or I'm just too slow to catch on... which is probably the case. XD

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”