Owls

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

They can represent her sons, or her aspects. I will agree that she is being pretty mysterious, which is a way of Goddesses that cover witchcraft.
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Considering she appears as more of a virgin Goddess, I'd lean more toward aspects. She seems very innocent and sweet, like a kindergarten teacher almost. Someone who is patient and calm, imaginative as well. At the same time, though, I have a creeping suspicion that she's also some sort of warrior. Not out of ferocity or a yearning for blood-shed, but to keep peace and insure justice is fulfilled, if you get what I mean. In fact, her necklace sort of resembles a scale/balance if you look at it a certain way. Yes?

Meh, I'll stop bugging you and attempt to get to bottom of this confusion.
Perhaps I'll meditate further tonight.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

With all that said, she may as well be Athena.
Zili

Post by Zili »

I read this entire topic today and After reading your last post Twine and seeing Ravencry's, I agree I'm getting the feeling this Goddess is Athena
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Now see, that's who I started off thinking it was, but I just don't know....... I've always seen Athena as taller, darker haired, tanner and a rather authoritative presence. Not short, blonde, cute and freckly, if you know what I mean...

^^ That's basically exactly what she looked like. It's also a lot easier to see her in Valkyrie garb as opposed to Greek armor. I mean, I may be wrong, but I'm still pretty sure of the Norse thing... Call me stubborn and difficult, but it just fells more appropriate. XP
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Perhaps Freya? She is a shapeshifter Goddess, and a Goddess of mystical knowledge, hence the owls. (Though she doesn't correspond with owls)

http://www.orderwhitemoon.org/goddess/Freya.html
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I found a picture of Freya, and it looks exactly like the one that you posted:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/frey ... /Freya.jpg
Zili

Post by Zili »

If you are seeing her and feeling that she is connected to the Norse then you are probably right, which leads me to Blodeuwedd again.
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

I was pretty sure it was Freyja to begin with, now that I had the instance with the necklace, I'm almost positive. Brisingamen {even though it's supposed to be made of amber}. So, I'll see what I can learn about her and again try to contact her, see where it takes me. :)

Thanks for allllllll the help Ravencry and Zili. ^^
Much appreciated!
Zili

Post by Zili »

the picture did remind me of freyja, perhaps the two owls and your goddess are a coincidence? Owl may be the form your spirit guide has taken, and Freyja has tried to reach you through the owl?
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

It's possible!
But the owl is the closest thing we have to any birds associated with her here, so maybe that's it? Or it could just be coincidence, like you said.
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Post by Release.the.bats »

@Twine: Deities come to you in a way that you envision them. Technically speaking they don't have a 'real' form. We thought of them and they come to us in a way we identify with them the most.
Therefore, she could be a version of Athena that YOU personally feel is her.

Does this make sense?
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Release.the.bats wrote:@Twine: Deities come to you in a way that you envision them. Technically speaking they don't have a 'real' form. We thought of them and they come to us in a way we identify with them the most.
Therefore, she could be a version of Athena that YOU personally feel is her.

Does this make sense?
Yes, it makes plenty of sense.
But that's what I'm saying. It doesn't feel like Athena, because while Athena has a sweet side, I see her strong and impending. This girl, and yes, she's more of a girl, is not in the slightest bit frightening. She's sort of like the sunshine, actually. Except the sun was setting behind her and it made her hair all gold and sparkly. Actually, now that I'm actually paying attention, behind her is a lush green field, I think. The sun's setting and she's wearing furs. Nothing fancy, wolf fur, maybe. It's whitish-gray.
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Post by Release.the.bats »

Have you looked at any norse or slavic Goddesses?
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Yeah, Freya is basically who we all decided on.
She fits, all except for her sexcapades.
The girl I see is very innocent. A virgin, I would imagine.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”