The Lord and Lady

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
chrs8gar

The Lord and Lady

Post by chrs8gar »

Ok, I know this is a vey pesonal journey but I am very confused. I am headed down the Strega road, but I don't know who I do my self dedication to or to whom I ask for help on a later date. Diana and Dianus? Lare and Lasa? And there are so many Goddesses and Gods even in the tradition that I have decided on. Is it safe once I find out which ones I do my self dedication to that on a later date I call upon those 2 for help? People couldn't have possibly known all these dieties when they first started. Someone please help me. Thank you
Solo quiero ser tranqila, no quiero lastimar a nadie.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

Dedicating yourself does not mean putting yourself under the service of one certain deity or another. It just means you've decided to be a witch. Your dedication is basically putting it out there to the powers that be that you've decided to practice the craft and you are excepting them and their gifts into your life. You never have to dedicate to following one god or another or even one path for that matter.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
chrs8gar

Post by chrs8gar »

so when you perform your magick, spells, and rituals you don't evoke a certain Goddess/God? I thoufht I had to have this figured out by my dedication night, and find both a Lord and Lady that get along with eachother.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

I never do evoke anyone. I simply draw up energy and put out there that "this" needs to be done and whoever wants to help can, but I'm getting it. It's kinda like telling your friends you're going somewhere and they can come with but either way you're going. I happen to be very strong willed and that tends to go a long way with the craft, though you also have to remember to be humble and when you get what is you were after to thank those who did come along for that ride.

Just do what you feel comfortable with. Most witchcraft books are written on the basis of the experiences of the author. That means what they did worked for them and it might for you. You have to figure out what works for you. Your dedication should just be the fact that you are dedicating yourself to figure out what works for you in the many ways of witchcraft.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

You don't have to pick a specific God or Goddess. A lot of people feel one or more Gods or Goddesses that they are closely connected to and prefer to call, but that will come with time. If there are two you feel will be good for your dedication to your path, call them. If not, just call on all Gods and Goddesses to witness your dedication. Your dedication is to your path and your religion, not to the deities you choose in your ceremony.
chrs8gar

Post by chrs8gar »

The self dedication ceremony I chose for last night had me call upon Earth Mother.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”