do you know of any Goddess like this?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
kittiesummer

do you know of any Goddess like this?

Post by kittiesummer »

sometimes when I'm laying in bed watching candles (I always light red, pink and white candles in the afternoon until right before i fall asleep as a kind of ritual...to draw love to me. red for lust, pink for love, white for purity :]) an image will come into my mind of a woman who I'm assuming is a Goddess.
she seems to be egyptian or hispanic, with straight dark hair to the base of her neck. she wears a white dress with a plunging neckline. it seems to be linen, and pleated.
she always appears in some kind of paradise, next to a beautiful river and lush greenery. but it's the colorful, rain forest kind of greenery.
her eyes are dark blue.
she doesn't wear any jewelry apart from a gold circlet around her forehead...any ideas?

oh and she always reaches a hand towards me, but as soon as I extend mine she vanishes.

i'll keep an open mind if you do. :)
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

cleopatra??
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

Hmm. I think you are dealing with an Egyptian Goddess of some sort. However, it's really hard to determine which one without more symbolic imagery. The standing near the river would symbolize the Nile to me, which is why I think Egyptian.

Are there any other images or feelings you associate with her? A particular animal you see in the paradise, or anything she holds in her hands?
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

Witch13 wrote:cleopatra??
Cleopatra had long hair that she usually kept braided and twisted in a crown-like circle on the back of her head. It is likely that she was dark-skinned and haired, not Greek as some scholars suggest. However, I don't think she quite achieved Goddess status in her lifetime. It has also been suggested that she was not a great beauty at all, and it is only the romance of her history that has made her such. :)
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

perhaps Isis then.
kittiesummer

Post by kittiesummer »

normally when she comes in to my mind I'm thinking about love, and being beautiful, and affection...could that mean anything?
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

I think then, you might be dealing with Hathor. She is the Egyptian Goddess of love, music, beauty, and was the mistress of heaven--perhaps why you always see her in a paradise?

You should look into her and see if anything in your research rings a bell in you. If it doesn't feel quite right, keep looking, only you know who your Goddess is.
Fallen Angel

Post by Fallen Angel »

It reminds me of Aphordite. << My brother's words.

It might be Cleopatra, but love and beauty sounds like Aphordite'
~Alie!! :3
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Just because you see her in a meditative state means she is a goddess she might be a messanger of a goddess do you see anything like animals or anything of the like around her?
Godsmack

Post by Godsmack »

I thought of Isis when I read that. Isis is the Goddess of sexuality, healing and magick but is also sometimes related to Hathor. She was strongly related to the Nile River as well, as the river was considered the semen of Osiris, I believe, while she was the fertile land around the river.
dab0509

Isis

Post by dab0509 »

I don't think you are dealing with Isis. I have been a follower of Isis for most of my life, and in my experiance, along with the many accounts I have come to understand, Isis always appears with wings. She is the Goddess of Goddess'. There is a simple ritual you can do to find out if she is Isis. When she appears to you, try to imagine the wings of Isis behind her. If the image fades quickly, then it is not Isis. However, if the image lasts, then she may very well be Isis. You can look up the wings of Isis on the internet... google maybe?
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

I would look beyond Egyptian. Maybe some Metsopotamian/ Babylonian goddesses, as the have a simular appearance of what one might think is Egyptian.
lonely wolf

Post by lonely wolf »

i have a question while were on the subject, how long do u think it would take my god or goddess to appear to me after i have dedicated my self to wicca
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Post by Release.the.bats »

@Lonelywolf: They come to you when you are ready. I had to wait 4 years for one and 5 years for the other. Some people have to wait longer and are still searching. It is all personal and happens at different rates.
MoonBlaze

Post by MoonBlaze »

Someone mentioned aphrodite but, I would like to point out aphrodite would be standing by an ocean rather then a lake.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”