Is there a God or Goddess...

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Buttercup

Is there a God or Goddess...

Post by Buttercup »

Is there a God or Goddess related to seagulls? I'm asking this before last night lying in bed and before drifting to sleep I had a vision of thousands of seagull wings over me in the bright blue sky. I couldn't really see the birds clearly but I guess I supposed they were seagulls because we were discussing the book "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" with a friend some days ago. Since I'm facing a very difficult problem and my intuition works a lot lately,I thought it might mean something and I'm looking into any connections with gods. I also wanted to ask if the number 9 is related to any god.
Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again.
Sallydreams

Post by Sallydreams »

Numbers are closely related to Astrology, so it may be more tied to moons... but from the moon it's related to you could find out the God or Goddess associated with it. (Everything is connected, you know)

Sadly, I'm not very educated on Astrology.

But there are tons and tons and tons of seagulls around where I live. I never thought of them having some kind of religious ties before. I hope someone knows, I may do my own research as well.
Sallydreams

Post by Sallydreams »

moons = planets.

I have the moon on the brain. :)
Stephanie Mae

Re: Is there a God or Goddess...

Post by Stephanie Mae »

Buttercup wrote:Is there a God or Goddess related to seagulls? I also wanted to ask if the number 9 is related to any god.
The Norse Goddess Freyja is associated with the number nine. Nine is also related to the Hazel tree. The Hazel tree is associated with divination and inspiration. As far as seagulls are concerned, I was always told that Birds are the messengers of the Otherworld. Birds have always been very sacred to my family.
Lonely Walker

Post by Lonely Walker »

Seagulls are related to Ocean Deities, obviously enough. Where I'm from, that would be Don or Manannan Mac Lir, but for you it'll depend on where you're from and what (if any) Deities you feel a connection with.

Seagulls are also supposed to represent emotional healing. In particular, a seagull soaring above you represents the soul flying high above the stormy waters of a situation. I think you're being told that you will have the strength not only to endure your situation, but also break free of it and reach new heights. Good luck.
smallpoxx

Post by smallpoxx »

9 used to be my favorite number :D
path of the shaman

Post by path of the shaman »

hi, i always thought that number 9 is related to the goddess bridgid of keltic mythology. about the seagulls. don't have a clue. but thanks for the food for thought.
JuniperBerry
Banned Member

Post by JuniperBerry »

Necroposting.
Is there a God or Goddess related to seagulls? I'm asking this before last night lying in bed and before drifting to sleep I had a vision of thousands of seagull wings over me in the bright blue sky. I couldn't really see the birds clearly but I guess I supposed they were seagulls because we were discussing the book "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" with a friend some days ago. Since I'm facing a very difficult problem and my intuition works a lot lately,I thought it might mean something and I'm looking into any connections with gods. I also wanted to ask if the number 9 is related to any god.
Since you were just reading JLS, it was probably a subconscious cue rather than a god trying to connect. To answer the question, I think any ocean diety would have some connection to seagulls. You might look into several of these and see which one you repsond to the most.

The Norse Goddess Freyja is associated with the number nine. Nine is also related to the Hazel tree. The Hazel tree is associated with divination and inspiration. As far as seagulls are concerned, I was always told that Birds are the messengers of the Otherworld. Birds have always been very sacred to my family.
Nine has deep symbolic meaning in the heathen worldview, but the idea that it is important to Freya isn't supported by the lore (that I can think of) and is probably just a bunch of newage hooey.
The Gods we worship write their names on our faces; be sure of that. A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

As believers in the folk-religion we are studying, we seek after mysteries that expand the scope of our gods and our understanding of them, not reductionist theories that reduce them to manageable and socially productive "functions".

-Our Troth

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”