could Someone Posibly Post a List Of Gods/Godesses?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Hamish

could Someone Posibly Post a List Of Gods/Godesses?

Post by Hamish »

Im Having some extreme trouble finding any information on this subject. BTW if they are considered "evil" then please don't include them, im having enough trouble in my life as it is.

TY
This Probably wont do anything, but any way.
Bless Those That reply To This Post
XX XX
Hamish
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

Their are millions of gods and gods. Millions. Man has been inventing them for a long time for a lot of reasons. Their was this project at rdf let me see if I can dig it up.
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

Oh man, there's no way I could type up a whole list...I have free time, but not that much free time.

But I can tell you what I use to look up gods and goddesses. The website is http://www.godchecker.com/ . They have a whole bunch of gods and goddesses on there (though not necessarily all of them) along with a summary of who they are, what they do, etc. After that, you can use a regular search engine (or Wikipedia) to look them up further to make sure they're someone you'd actually want to work with.
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

Hinduism, has millions of gods, an infinite ammount really, but in the end its monotheism.
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Post by Release.the.bats »

@Atheists of Peace: Actually, the fact that you are allowed to worship the variations of Brahman suggests it is still a polytheistic religion. They are all independent beings that come from one source, the universe. Many pagan cultures share a variation of this belief, in Greece Nyx is and was the beginning, the black void.
What separates Polytheism and monotheism, is that we still view each being to be a separate and independent deity, not simply a face of the one supreme being and only able to worship the one supreme being. Unlike monotheism.
I view the manifestations of Gods and humans to be the same, we are all made up of the exact same materials as human beings and therefore we could easily be viewed as the same creature in many forms. But, we are all different and live independently. Just like all the deities that are made of the same materials, only some people name this material to be different Gods and Goddesses. It doesn't take away the fact that they are all different beings simply because they are made from one whole.
It is rather silly to view it otherwise.
Hamish

Post by Hamish »

Thanks Guys.
I didn't know there were so many gods :( :?
@NightRose: That website helped heaps Thank you
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

No problem. I hope you find what you're looking for. Keep us updated!
RuneGeek

Post by RuneGeek »

http://www.pantheon.org is a good site as well. Not the least bit pagan, but still somewhat informative.
[ShadowPhoenix]

Re: could Someone Posibly Post a List Of Gods/Godesses?

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

Hamish wrote:Im Having some extreme trouble finding any information on this subject. BTW if they are considered "evil" then please don't include them, im having enough trouble in my life as it is.

TY
This Probably wont do anything, but any way.
Bless Those That reply To This Post
XX XX
Hamish
If they're evil don't include them? If you're trying to figure out who your patron or matron god/goddess is, ya know ya don't get to choose them, correct? I wouldn't have thought my patron to be Amon, yet the more I looked into it and from what I'd seen in meditation and dreams, it appeared he is mine, and I, his. Amon is now considered to be an evil entity but if he is mine, he is mine all the same...whether he is wanted or not...
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

What makes one god evil and one god good?
[ShadowPhoenix]

I suppose, it really does depend on one's view of the world...and what they perceive to be good or evil.
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

ShadowPhoenix wrote:I suppose, it really does depend on one's view of the world...and what they perceive to be good or evil.
Its not inherint in its nature.
[ShadowPhoenix]

That's what I meant...It's all a matter of perception.
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

ShadowPhoenix wrote:That's what I meant...It's all a matter of perception.
I know. My bad. I was trying to agree with you and add/rephrase.
Hamish

Post by Hamish »

so your patron finds you?
cause I'm having trouble connecting.
though i haven't gone through many

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”