Anyone work with the Virgin Mary as goddess?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
ListensKeenly

Anyone work with the Virgin Mary as goddess?

Post by ListensKeenly »

Just curious if anyone does. I've never quite found my matron goddess, the Virgin Mary is the only energy that has come close. I feel such a loving, caring and nurturing energy when I pray to her.

Of course I know this is not at all in line with Catholic Church teaching lol.
corvidus

Re: Anyone work with the Virgin Mary as goddess?

Post by corvidus »

Praying to the Virgin Mary, IMO, is quite along the lines of Catholicism, from what I understand. The Hail Mary is usually recited like a mantra, prayer beads/rosary and all.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

There's a lot of pagan practice & symbolism mixed in with colloquial Catholicism. Vigil lights & BV Mary petition vigils are a good example. I've pledged to continue offering daily rosary prayers for life. I wouldn't call it working with the Goddess as a Wiccan might aspect, but since one of the BVM's titles is Mother of God & identifies with the Primordial Mother, I 'll take it & run with it.
Middleagedseeker

Post by Middleagedseeker »

ListensKeenly wrote:Just curious if anyone does. I've never quite found my matron goddess, the Virgin Mary is the only energy that has come close. I feel such a loving, caring and nurturing energy when I pray to her.

Yes! MotherMary is the Goddess that calls to me now and I work with her nearly every day. I have worked with other Goddesses in the past but Mary keeps seeking me out so I’m sticking with her! Glad to find someone else here like me!
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

It's your choice for sure but I would distance myself from the trappings of Catholicism. Our pantheon are generally repelled by such association. The church over centuries of prosecution, deception and acts of inhumanity have accumulated much negative energy. I would stay clear of such a domain to avoid guilt by association.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Apparitions of Mary have been recorded, and if I recall correctly, healing and prophecies have been associated with them. The deities you work with are, in my opinion, largely a matter of personal choice. Usually it's an agreement of sorts between you and the deity or deities. That's my point of view as an eclectic pagan.
Daughter of Sekhmet
ListensKeenly

Post by ListensKeenly »

Shekinah wrote:It's your choice for sure but I would distance myself from the trappings of Catholicism. Our pantheon are generally repelled by such association. The church over centuries of prosecution, deception and acts of inhumanity have accumulated much negative energy. I would stay clear of such a domain to avoid guilt by association.
Yes I can totally understand that. A lot of the things that the Church have done are just disgusting.
Last edited by Firebird on Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tapatalk advertisment, please remove
ListensKeenly

Post by ListensKeenly »

SnowCat wrote:Apparitions of Mary have been recorded, and if I recall correctly, healing and prophecies have been associated with them. The deities you work with are, in my opinion, largely a matter of personal choice. Usually it's an agreement of sorts between you and the deity or deities. That's my point of view as an eclectic pagan.
Yes a lot of healing associated with Mary.
Last edited by Firebird on Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ListensKeenly

Post by ListensKeenly »

Middleagedseeker wrote:
ListensKeenly wrote:Just curious if anyone does. I've never quite found my matron goddess, the Virgin Mary is the only energy that has come close. I feel such a loving, caring and nurturing energy when I pray to her.

Yes! MotherMary is the Goddess that calls to me now and I work with her nearly every day. I have worked with other Goddesses in the past but Mary keeps seeking me out so I’m sticking with her! Glad to find someone else here like me!
Wow that's awesome - I'm not alone in this! :)
Last edited by Firebird on Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ListensKeenly

Post by ListensKeenly »

Thanks to everyone who has commented so far!
Last edited by Firebird on Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Middleagedseeker

Post by Middleagedseeker »

I’m still here and Mother Mary is still my Matron Goddess!
Lio

Post by Lio »

I was raised a Mormon but I always felt a connection to Mary despite her not being revered the way she is in Catholicism. Maybe it's just the feeling of comfort seeing a woman represented as a holy figure in a Christian religion having grown up in such a patriarchal religion. I get a very similar energy from her as the goddess Brigid. Anyway, I think as long as you're happy working with her, that's all that matters.
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

Mary is,in the end, the replacement of all mother goddesses, as the church quickly learned people do not do that well without. Same with other things in the church, really.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”