Who is God?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
korbin

Who is God?

Post by korbin »

Humans can take contact with spirits. Spirits can take contact with humans. So, was god a human magician who became so powerful he achieved immortality through spirit form? he then took contact with prophets like moses, jesus and muhammad and told them to worship him? These facts seem to strenghten this idea; he is bound to middle east, wouldnt an omnipotent god spread the revalation across the world to every corner? Only revelations are in the middle east, where humans earliest civilization began. Do god dwell there because he is from there? he is actually a human in spirit form? He seem to think like human.

Gods of old never demanded that the worshipper do not worship other gods. example is zeus, jupiter, Odin, they never demanded "you shall not worship other gods than me, thats great sin". Since civilization began the other "gods" who took contact with humans have never requested this. Only the god in middle east does this. A result is that it binds people to worship him, like enslavement, his worshippers cannot leave the religion, this way he gets more slaves. And his slaves are also united and thus stronger and can attack other people and increase his followers more by forcing them the religion. More followers means taking over most part of the world, as per today. Did the middle eastern god prove most wisest since he implemented this rule of "one god only, thats me"? He was the most power hungry spirit of them all? One who sways over most humans? Like "one God to rule them all"?

this are my thoughts only, feel free to come with arguments.
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Re: Who is God?

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

GOD as a single concept is a thought-form we use to explain the reality behind it all our human minds cannot grasp.

There are many gods though, so I am generally uncomfortable with calling the reality behind it all by the same name.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I feel the fact that these religions use fear to controll their masses has a great deal to do with the followers that say their God is the "only" God.
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

korbin wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:28 pm Humans can take contact with spirits. Spirits can take contact with humans. So, was god a human magician who became so powerful he achieved immortality through spirit form? he then took contact with prophets like moses, jesus and muhammad and told them to worship him? These facts seem to strenghten this idea; he is bound to middle east, wouldnt an omnipotent god spread the revalation across the world to every corner? Only revelations are in the middle east, where humans earliest civilization began. Do god dwell there because he is from there? he is actually a human in spirit form? He seem to think like human.

Gods of old never demanded that the worshipper do not worship other gods. example is zeus, jupiter, Odin, they never demanded "you shall not worship other gods than me, thats great sin". Since civilization began the other "gods" who took contact with humans have never requested this. Only the god in middle east does this. A result is that it binds people to worship him, like enslavement, his worshippers cannot leave the religion, this way he gets more slaves. And his slaves are also united and thus stronger and can attack other people and increase his followers more by forcing them the religion. More followers means taking over most part of the world, as per today. Did the middle eastern god prove most wisest since he implemented this rule of "one god only, thats me"? He was the most power hungry spirit of them all? One who sways over most humans? Like "one God to rule them all"?

this are my thoughts only, feel free to come with arguments.

If you study the Ancient Near East you'll see that traits god exhibits aren't as unique as people claim it is. The 10 commandments about not worshiping other gods is among them. The Sumerian An did that prior as the head of the pantheon. Though the religion was polytheistic, they didn't like foreign gods too much.

El is the Hebrew/Canaanite cognate of the Sumerian An and was head of the pantheon.

The slave idea is unique either. Sumerians thought their gods created humanity to be slaves to the gods. Aztecs had the same idea. The Sumerian idea is older than the bible and the Aztec one is independent of it, being Pre-Columbian.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

Yeah and the bible did accept there are other gods, hence the order not to follow them.

I don't especially like jealous gods,it is a quality I don't like in anybody,and much less in more powerful beings. The god of the bible,in my view, needs a psychologist badly.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”