Why do I get so emotional when I meet my guide?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Elise

Why do I get so emotional when I meet my guide?

Post by Elise »

Hi, I have been very fortunate to meet one of my guides, he appeared to me whilst I was staying in the country with my family, in the night. He is an Arapaho Indian, and seems to me like a shaman. When I meditate I see him coming towards me, and he brings me gifts on his horse,and we speak in sign language, (something which is so new to me, but so natural when we are together).

But I am so overcome with emotion that I cry and cry. Why could this be? Silly question, but I have never felt such emotion before, and when he goes back I am very upset.

Any ideas would be lovely. Best wishes x
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Powerful spirit beings can be like that. They seem to touch us in very personal places and leave us stunned or saddened inexplicably due to the fact that they can change us easily. Also, I find that positive things can make one sad... say if one doesn't think one deserves such a gift, then that can make one who doesnt' feel worthy to feel sad.

It's also possible that if you two had a previous life experience together, that it ended painfully, though not because of you or him.
Zei

Post by Zei »

This kind of reminds me of when I was watching this show that I like Avatar: the Last Air Bender (awesome.) and this uncle character was walking around the town and there was a little boy crying his eyes out, as little kids do, and he just walked up and played this song on an old chinese guitar (forget the actually name of it) and sure enough I cry my EYES OUT every time, I can't help it! It's one of those things that just touches me.

Perhaps the same principle is happening to you. It just touches something, it's so beautiful that you can't contain yourself. eh? who knows... well maybe you know! =P
Arcane

Post by Arcane »

Thats great Elise. I've never met my spirit guide but I know that its there watching, nudging me along. I get the feeling that he or she or whatever it is somewhat of a trickster. Consider yourself lucky because whoever I got is a real pain in the ass.
Blazewind

Post by Blazewind »

working with a spirit guide or other such being, can definatly do some unexpected things to the human body and mind. Being overcome with tears is something I have heard of with other people as well. Our giudes aren't likely to mind it if thier human friends cry in their presence. They likely have seen it many times ,and now are very used to it and are accepting of it. Our guides are tolerarant, and they do know what it's like to be a physical being. I have been known to feel very intence fear on occation in the presece of my own giudes. It has gotten to the piont, where I have felt my heart pound and and I begin to feel shaky. Fortunatly they seem to pick up on this and move their energy back a bit to allow me time to grow more used to it. Then I am generlly okey.
Blazewind

The only truely stupid question is the one that no one had the nerve to ask.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

Blazewind wrote:Our giudes aren't likely to mind it if thier human friends cry in their presence.
With the exception of people who are friendly with demonics...a good number of the beings I've been in communication with can't stand overt displays of emotion :P

But those are usually the beings who's energies are very potent. I would tend to lean towards the side of unpredictability of how we react. It's alot like two unstable energies clashing...doesn't always go well.
HonorRose
Banned Member

Post by HonorRose »

I think having that kind of reaction is a very positive thing.

I once had an incredibly vivid dream in which I fell deeply in love with a young woman. I didn't cry in my dream until she died at the end of it, but when I woke up and even now, over a year later, every time I talk about her or even think about her for long enough I break down into tears. Not out of grief, but instead out of an overwhelming feeling of pure love; for her, for myself and for the world at large.

I'm not sure if she was my Spirit Guide or not, but my therapist said he thought that having that powerful an emotional reaction is just a sign of abandonment from average human constraints; that to be able to feel on that level, to cry for reasons you cannot identify, means making a deep connection with the subconscious part of your Self that is aware of and in unison with the mystical workings of the universe.

I would consider myself lucky for feeling the way you do when in the presence of your Spirit Guide. I think your tears are just a sign of a powerful magical connection.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”