Lycenthropeology

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Witch1693

Lycenthropeology

Post by Witch1693 »

can someone tell me about it? do they really get hairy and stuff?
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

no, that's another desiese entirely. I'm not all too sure as I haven't heard the word metioned in practical terms in ages. I'm not even too sure if it is a recognized desiese.

If I remember correctly, and please, someone correct me if I am not but, the symptoms include a near animal like regression to the points of extreme feral mentality, increased addrenaline output and hightened sensory awareness (such as light sensativaty and slightly more acute hearing.

This is, however , just me trying to recall things I heard years ago on the subject so don't take it for cannon/law/fact. My memory has a habit of mutilating things after a period of time.

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
Draconis

Post by Draconis »

it depends what term you want for lycanthroapsy, mythological or 'scientific'
All of lifes little problems can be solved by beating the buggers on the head with a broom.
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

The Mythological I think, we all know quite well. Let's, for the sake of argument/debate, go for the scientific. As I stated before. It's been a long time since I heard it mentioned and I am curious to know the "actuall" desiese and what all causes it and how it's treated, contracted, etc.

Blessed be folks.

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
Exilus
Banned Member

Post by Exilus »

So, what actually is werewolf or lycanthropy? Is it a fact based on concrete evidences? Is it a myth, fabrication of feeble minds? Is it an exaggeration of some other things? Well, all these questions have been puzzling mankind for last 5 centuries. Though many ingenious hypotheses have been suggested as possible explanations, definite conclusion can't be drawn. Some experts have tried to observe it as purely supernatural phenomena while others have relied on scientific observations. Contradictions and debates still persist and will continue till any single theory solves the jigsaw which seems unlikely considering complexity and diversity of the topic.

Some people during middle ages believed that the werewolf was the projection of a demon, which made its victims appear as a wolf in his own eyes and to those around him. For others, the werewolf was a direct manifestation of the Devil. Early seventeenth century French author Henri Bouguet believed, as did a great many people of that day, that Satan would leave the lycanthrope asleep behind a bush, go forth as a wolf, and perform whatever evil might be in that person’s mind. According to Bouguet, the Devil could confuse the sleeper’s imagination to such an extent “that he believes he had really been a wolf and had run about and killed men and beasts.”

Robert Burton, the clergyman and scholar, considered lycanthrope to be a form of madness as mentioned in his book Anatomy of Melancholy in 1621; he blamed every thing from sorcerers and witches to poor diet, bad air, sleeplessness and even lack of exercise for this.
The Mysteries of Magic, written by nineteenth century French occultist Éliphas Lévi, postulates the existence of phantom - a body that acts as mediator between a living organism and the soul. “Thus in case of a man whose instinct is savage and sanguinary, his phantom will wander around in lupine form, whilst he sleeps painfully at home, dreaming he is a veritable wolf.” Lévi believed that the wounds so often reported in the cases of werewolves could be attributed to the out-of-body experience. He saw the human body as a subject to magnetic and nervous influences and capable of receiving the wounds suffered by the metamorphosed shape.

Contrary to the popular explanations existed during middle ages, few doctors at that time asserted that it was caused by an excess of melancholy or an imbalance in humors, the liquid or fluid part of the body. Many doctors believed that such melancholy could lead to insanity and delusion. One physician recommended that the lycanthrope should be treated with baths, purging, bleeding, dietary measures and rubbing opium into the nostrils.

Taken from here, It also tells of the other condition that was mentioned above. http://members.tripod.com/alam25/exp.htm
Smolly

Post by Smolly »

ask Pav im sure he will know a few things ^.^
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

wow, the initial question was put so horribly that I don't what what the hell you are asking. There are a few things it could be...

--clinical lycanthropy

--spiritual lycanthropy (more accuratly known and therianthropy)

--werewolf myths including what they were and magical ways to turn into one.

Now which is it?
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
goth-kid555

Post by goth-kid555 »

i'v read alot about werewolves,stories say that they are many kinds,some transform mentally and others physically.

the mental transformation happens when a wolf's spirit posses a human,he acts like a wolf when it happens,some of his human powers increase and his smelling and hearing senses increase too.other mental transformation is when someone loves wolves,or want to be one so he can feel their spirits which make him act like them.

the other kind,the physical transformation,is said that it can be done by eating a particular kind of a flower which only grows in the balkans,making a deal with the devil,beeing a witch and performing some rituals ,eating a kid's fat ,drinking a wolf's blood or beeing bit by a wolf.
i'v also read on a site for abc news i guess an interview with a man that has a disease called lycanthopasy (i'm not really sure about the name)he said it ran in his family for five generations and they are all very hairy ,i saw his pic,it's kinda scary,which made people call him (wolf - man).

i think this explanation is so real,but it doesn't mean that real werewolves don't exist,the may have existed in some anciant ages...but about the mental transformation,it happens to me sometimes...so i believe i'm a werewolve loool

i hope i gave you guys good information,i know alot more but i cant remember anything esle now,if you have any questions feel free to ask :D
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

That was a very good post Goth Kid, clear descriptions and from several perspectives. Keep up the good work.lol.
goth-kid555

Post by goth-kid555 »

thanks,many various sites confirmed these information,but after all,no one really knows the secret.
in addition,two years ago i read in some books that scientists discovered a dead frozen body for a creature that has a human body,but he's taller,hairy and has sharp teeth ,it might be an anciant werewolve :?
frostbite

Re: Lycenthropeology

Post by frostbite »

hi im a were wolf and im trying to get a cure so i dont turn into one for a day
illbehere

Re: Lycenthropeology

Post by illbehere »

youll be waiting a while frost, i cant say i beleive in werewolfs on a physical level. however, mentally werewolfs exist in the subconcious :L

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”