Protection kit

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Protection kit

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm hoping for some ideas. Having just posted the Ghost Busting amulet in the Spells section has brought to mind that there's reasons why i'd kept that spell. I can't help running into ghosts now & then but my wonky knees don't do stairs any more so I'm "out of the biz"; & have grown lax in simple, routine precautions when perhaps I ought to rethink.

I am thinking about making a protection kit to keep in my car. Years ago in my more-guts-than-brains college days, all we carried to a de-haunting was holy water & a flashlight. For years I've had a habit of tossing salt packets into my purse. I'd worked over 20 years in a cemetery with very few issues. Which is not to say none, but I'm retired & not visiting so out of the loop.

My short list so far: Salt, iron, holy water - It's winter & water freezes if left in the car so the water should be heavily salted. Check. I've got a witch's amulet in the making with symbols of the tools. It needs finishing & proper consecrating. A planned job gives time to sprinkle the corners, set candles (lighter) & thumb through a pocket Bible for Psalms 144 & 145 against ghosts. All of these are soft approaches; I'm a light weight not an exorcist (& don't want to be). Ive worn a protective talisman ring for years.

If it were you, what would you carry or find useful? What am forgetting?
lilPainter

Re: Protection kit

Post by lilPainter »

Something to smoke cleanse? Perhaps a pocket altar sort of thing so you can call on the deity u follow....umm i can't think of many.
sun Scorpio, rising Aries, moon Sagittarius
Disclaimer: english is not my first language so i maaaaay write in a botched way, feel free to correct me.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Thank you. Sage smudge or incense. I'd totally missed those. I think I've got deity & altar links covered with the Bible & witch's amulet (which has symbols of the tools, sun/moon) & I should have made that clearer, but I get what you mean. Thanks :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I saw a really cool incense burner at the store yesterday. I wanted to get it, but I hesitate to burn incense around my cats. Their respiratory systems wouldn't handle it very well.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Astro Logical 1

Post by Astro Logical 1 »

A small collection of Selinite shards to place in windows and doorways is a powerful perimeter to establish. It should always follow a cleanse that happens with an open front door and starting from the far end of the home and ending at the door with a stong assertion of goodbye. For scent sensitive homes, a besom is a strong tool, even if it's a small paintbrush.
Love and Blessings
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I had been thinking of getting a besom to put over my front door. I could do some incense with doors and windows open, to let the smoke carry negativity out. That would provide the cleansing, and spare the feline respiratory systems at the same time.
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I've got a whisk broom with anti-evil eye charms (including hematite) & a horseshoe on my door. My house was built in 1906 & has seen many residents come & go. The area was outside city limits then & was farmland but is now "inner city". My cat's chased an orb that came in what used to be the front door (before remodeling) & went out the back. I figured it had to be someone familiar with the old layout of the place just passing through. It inspired me to put up the broom-etc. It seems to work.

I use a home-made aerosol with sage & cedar (& a shard of selenite!) because smoke makes my eyes & nose run. It's not a good look.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”