Premonitions Making Me Feel Awful

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Dark Lady

Premonitions Making Me Feel Awful

Post by Dark Lady »

I am 22 years old, and recently off meds that I used for anxiety/autism, etc, due to side effects. My whole family are psychic and believed to be blood witches. I had premonitions and experiences when I was young but they were blocked by taking medications. These medications also blocked my menstruation. Now, since July, I have been having my periods and the premonitions are bad.

Here's some examples:

*Dream of being told my cousin and friend was pregnant, her mother told my mom weeks later it was true.
*Plagued with images of brutal stabbings for days, mass stabbing one street from where I live the same week
*Hysterical with worry there will be an accident on highway while driving, witnessed accident on highway on way home the very same day.
*Dream about cousin having uterine cancer, the woman's sister actually had a hysterectomy for that reason a month later. My mother had suggested it could be the sister when I told her.
*Dream about the neighborhood of my childhood home in ruins, horrible 4-alarm fire in neighborhood of my childhood home 10 minutes after having the dream.
*Shared a bed with my mother due to fear, she said I gave her a "bad vibe" like I was sending her something, mom had a dream of a woman's dead body at a homeless shelter, next day dead homeless woman's body found in our town.

This stuff is very disturbing and I often feel shaky, physically ill, and terrified most of the time. I am unable to control it. Often able to see and sense a person (even a celebrity's) aura just from seeing pictures and videos, sense or invoke a spirit just by reading about it, and get intuitive vibes about people just from looking at their social media.

I am plagued with thoughts of su*cide and I don't really want that, and I keep envisioning methods that wouldn't even be desirable if I were feeling that way. It's concerning, because I feel someone I know will do it, but I'm not sure who. I have a few troubled cousins, a friend with past attempts, and an Internet friend who is contemplating, who I've lost touch with.

Please tell me how to control this. It is so stressful :shock:
Crazy Cat Lady

Re: Premonitions Making Me Feel Awful

Post by Crazy Cat Lady »

For the suicidal person in your life I would sort of mentally review everyone you know, when you get to the right person you will feel it sort of click into place. Intuition and premonition run in my family, as well as hubby's. In my case my family was quite open and positive about it, and believed we got these messages because we were in a position to help. Whether that help was from a practical aspect or just fervent prayer intercession depended on circumstances at the time. (My Granny was a devout Christian but did not question her abilities, atributing them as a gift from God. I see all religion- and science, tbh- as our attempt to understand the Divine/Universal Energy/whatever you want to call it and use whatever works atm from any belief system....prayer and spell work are interchangeable to me) I can see how terrifying these episodes would be if you feel helpless about them. My hubby felt tje same way for a long time- his family denied his abilities and suppressed them. Since meeting me and being encouraged to act on his premonitions he has begun to see them as a more positive thing. A chance to make a difference ;) The future is not immutable, we can change it.
Dark Lady

Post by Dark Lady »

Thanks for the advice :) My mother's family in particular is VERY open. I just feel like it's on overdrive. For awhile there I was getting this feeling every single time something bad would happen in the world, so you can imagine it happened a lot. It is difficult because I am struggling yet I can't really talk with a therapist about it. My mother says that she just takes the medications and lets her abilities stay muted, as do most of my family. Unfortunately the pill they use is something no longer widely prescribed. I was taking something else, until the point where it made me obese and have health issues. I've thought about seeing a healer or a reader. But the ones my family used to use have passed on and it's difficult to tell the true psychics from the scammers nowadays. The hardest part, in my opinion, is trying not to feel so awful when the stuff is happening.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Control the emotions. I have been psychic my whole life in a family of skeptics. I do understand the precog dread and fear and learned to defuse it by taking a step back & observing it. During a precog, we see it all first person and have all the emotions that go with it. The dreams you describe were worse than the actual events that fulfilled them. let that sink in.

Traditionally, controlling the fear is basic to a witch's ability to travel amidst other worlds where a whole lot of strange things appear. Controlling the psychic ability is learned with conscious practice and effort. Remote viewing is a good way to learn to control psi & pairs pretty well with precog faculties. There are books &'web sites that give this info.

From experience I can tell you that burying the psi energy in a desire to shut it off is like pushing down balloons. They just keep popping up. Grounding your energy works way better. It defuses and pulls the plug on the overwhelming smash of emotions.

Control the beliefs. As hereditary or "blood" witches your family can be tapped as a resource of positive energy, info and knowledge. Witchcraft is more than precognitive experiences, so I prefer the word psychic for the pre cogs you have described. It carries less dynamite than the word "Witch". But the belief in one's family lore contributes a lot to what we experience & how we use it.

Control emotional responses by observing. Ground the energy. Be aware of how beliefs contribute to the
experiences we have.
Dark Lady

Post by Dark Lady »

Thank you. Coincidentally I tested myself for remote viewing. 58% accuracy. Used to play this game as a kid where I would reach into baskets of clothes, feel one for a moment, could nearly always guess the color without looking. My mom says she did the same thing at that age. My mom told me that Wicca is a lifestyle as well. I went to Catholic school as a teen and used to dabble, partially for personal gain (a big no-no) and partially to rebel against the religion of my peers because they were already bullying me and I wanted to scare them (another no-no). One of the main reasons I don't practice is the need for everything in your home to be clean. I'm not physically able to clean much. One room will have me feeling exhausted for a whole week. Thank goodness the events weren't as bad as the dreams/visions. I picked up on that as well.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I hear ya. aren't kids little brats to each other? I went to public school and was bullied too, and those savages sucker punched. It is so interesting how we all have different methods. I never had a problem with dust, as long as no one writes the date in it :D & cat hair just is.

Edit.

One thing we shouldn't forget to mention is the positive effect we can have on softening an event's strength or severity with good intent. We aren't Master of the Universe or anything but we can help. I always wondered what good is a precog, for cryin' out loud?! We can go running around like Robbie Robot shouting "Warning, warning, Will Robinson!" until we turn blue, but who listens? personally, I think precogs are learning experiences. We learn the feel of an accurate one and then, when we need it, that knowledge stands by us and supports us as we navigate through life. The lesson seems inversely as subtle as the precog is strong. Our intuitive minds absorb it. And each one helps us to learn to control the fear. Everything is connected.

Edit: comment misconstrued and voluntarily removed. ST
LC

Post by LC »

I have had a few dreams come true. Would it be possible that from blocking it with meds has caused it to now overload? If it’s all bad maybe try to find a way rid yourself of the negative energy?
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
Dark Lady

Post by Dark Lady »

Update: I'm a little disconcerted because...um...this might seem weird by here goes.

I have a particular celebrity I really admire, who I've been a fan of for years and have often felt some kind of mental kinship with. I've often felt we have similar personality traits and somewhat of a shred backstory and that's part of why I admire her so much. he's known to be a depressed and anxious person in general, and today while I was browsing her tweets, it hit me that she's the one who's contemplating and that I'm seeing myself in those thoughts because of said kinship. But if that's the case, there is literally nothing I can do. I just hope I'm wrong I guess.

Your thoughts?

FYI this celeb has been acting out a A LOT (i.e. cutting her hair, dropping projects at the last minute, bickering with other notables she had previously been friendly with, etc etc.)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm not current with celebs. The lifestyle is a choice, and I have to ask why someone chooses it. The rare one's manage and give back. Feeling a personality and mental kinship is not as woo-woo as it might seem. I know it is possible, and certainly for someone with your degree of "flexibility."

What you can do is something like... Sit quietly and feel their presence before you. Then ...
Comments voluntarily removed.ST

Note: this simple head-switch is briefly demonstrated by one of the circle in an old video by Laurie Cabot of Salem, MA in which someone long distance had asked for healing from seizures. It's only a min or two of the vid. If i can find it, I'll be back.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Laurie is still practicing the Craft but has slowed down now that she's in her mid 80's. Her daughter Penny {early 50's} is now the one running the business. It's gone on-line and is named after the last shop she owned on Salem's Pickering Wharf. It was called "Official Witch Shoppe". I don't mind giving her a commercial. The shop can be a good place to find anything witchy. Some is pricey but it's always of excellent quality. If you can't find it anywhere you can find it here. Laurie is still the "Official Witch" of Salem. She does not practice Wicca.
Dark Lady

Post by Dark Lady »

SpiritTalker wrote:I'm not current with celebs. The lifestyle is a choice, and I have to ask why someone chooses it. The rare one's manage and give back. Feeling a personality and mental kinship is not as woo-woo as it might seem. I know it is possible, and certainly for someone with your degree of "flexibility".

What you can do is something like ... Sit quietly and feel their presence before you. Then ...
Comments voluntarily removed.ST

Note: this simple head-switch is briefly demonstrated by one of the circle in an old video by Laurie Cabot of Salem, MA in which someone long distance had asked for healing from seizures. It's only a min or two of the vid. If i can find it, I'll be back.

I don't think I'm honestly practiced enough to do something like that, and now I'm not entirely sure because I heard about a different celebrity suicide of someone I wasn't even too familiar with and for whatever reason the thoughts have pretty much stopped since then.

Also, I find it interesting what you said about fame/entertainment being an undesirable lifestyle. Simply because it is my own lifestyle of choice. I'm a semi-professional author but my goal is to be a screenwriter or a director. I'm starting to submit to auditions too because I know acting can be a shortcut to those paths for someone like myself who isn't formally educated.

I can see why it's undesirable to some, but the pursuit of it, which is likely going to be lifelong for me, is mostly out of necessity. I've always been an extremely career-oriented person. I completely reject the idea of settling down with a family/spouse/partner. I have nothing against people who do, it's just not for me. I've known since I was a little girl I wanted a career worthy of throwing myself into full time.

At first, I was deemed bright in school, and once considered the sciences, but as I progressed in school and got tested, it came to light that my "gifts" were exclusively verbal and to a degree--physical and musical. I have severe learning defects in every other area. It became evident in high school that I had been "acing" science by memorizing passages from my books and spitting them back out as if they were lines in a play. I didn't actually understand the concepts and once math was introduced in conjunction with science, it was pretty much over.

Right now I'm on disability, and the only alternatives to this lifestyle would be to stay that way or to find a minimum wage job. I may have to find one anyway while I pursue my passions, and I might have to do it for years, but at least I would be seeking something more. I'm young and too ambitious to resign myself to that for the rest of my life. It would feel like I was giving up and I don't think I could function without some degree of hope for something.

I've heard of Laurie, actually. My mother has spoken with her before. :)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

We're at opposite ends of the balance beam in some ways. I shy away from the spot light, feel no particular life ambitions at 65, and agree disabilities are a pain in the arse. They really slow a person down.

Your comments show that you have obvious precog, empathic and telepathic sensitivities, and you've indicated you understandably aren't that comfy with them. Geez, why would anyone be? These psychic senses can really cut in to a person's day. But, since you'd asked, and if you were wanting to do so, holding someone in mind with compassion isn't much different from a little white candle spell for their well being, and can bring peace of mind... that's all I'm sayin'.
Kassandra

Coping with Intrusive Precognitions

Post by Kassandra »

Dark Lady wrote:there is literally nothing I can do.
Accept that.

And perhaps consider the perspective that death is a personal matter between that person and his/her maker, and not something one should feel an obligation to, in any way, "fix," even if one has precogged the actual death event itself. Death just is. None of us is here indefinitely, not even a favored celebrity we admire. They die, too. In fact, from your description of that celebrity's behavior, it sounds like maybe her soul is ready to move on, and might give things another go in her next lifetime. She might have been sexually abused (which is rampant in Hollywood), and is in so much pain she thinks death would be a solution. Who knows what her situation really is. Whatever it is, it's her deal, not yours, not mine.

Dark Lady wrote:Please tell me how to control this. It is so stressful :shock:
Personally, I do not recommend your getting into someone else's head or otherwise tampering with situations you have involuntarily precogged or empathed. I do recommend, as a protective measure for your own well-being, that you train yourself to resist letting your attention get sucked into the drama of your precognitions, and train yourself to, instead, stay in your own energy and regularly maintain healthy psychic boundaries. I believe that for peace of mind, mastering those skills is a must for anyone with pronounced empathic and/or precognitive abilities. These are skills from which you continue benefiting for the rest of your life.

And in your case in particular, it's my sense that if you do not learn to practice these skills, you might one day find yourself so overwhelmed with being so invested in everyone else's problems (even those of people you don't know), that you may feel you have no other choice for relief but to resume the pharmaceuticals again. You probably don't really want to do that, but because you were medicated so young and never taught to cope otherwise, you might find it all too easy to go back to what's familiar. But the easy route is not always the best route, especially when it comes to soul growth.

Energy follows thought, so it may be quite helpful to learn to restructure your thoughts in order to gain control over your emotional reactions to intrusive precognitive impressions. Affirmation cards are a simple but effective tool to help you do that.

Create Affirmation Cards

Write some positive affirmations about maintaining your individuality in the face of your precogs on 3x5 cards, and keep these cards in your wallet at all times. Visualize how you'd like to be (peacefully self-contained, happily in control, serene and free, whatever). Then write brief phrases on the cards that reflect those visions, one phrase per card. Keep it focused but simple. Let each card have its own thought form energy, its own personal message to your heart.

Maybe on the reverse side of each card, draw a nice sigil of your own invention based on each phrase. I think the more you put into the cards, the more you'll get out of them. But too, I think it is important to keep them very simple so that they are not distracting, but remain straight to the point.

Another suggestion might be to make a few cards that have positive affirmations for the people and situations you precog, that say things like that situation is resolving itself in the highest and best good for all, or that soul is where it need to be on its journey, etc. Let the words reflect the energy of you gently and lovingly letting these people and situations go, watching them fly away, like butterflies out of your hands. You bless them, know the universe will take care of them, then let them go.

Remember, these are positive affirmations, to move you in the direction in which you want to go. So be sure that in your wording you focus on what you are doing, what you do want, not on what you won't do and what you don't want. If you focus on the negative, you subconsciously reinforce it (this is a good rule of thumb to follow in spell writing & casting, as well :wink: ).

Interrupt the Behavior

Every time you allow yourself to feel anxious about other people's life business that you have inadvertently precogged, resist allowing yourself to continue ruminating about it. Until you get used to mentally interrupting your reactions to the precogs, it might help to:

* Gently but firmly say, "Stop" to yourself out loud

* Call a friend or relative who understands your dilemma (an "accountability partner," as they're sometimes called). If you do that, be sure to agree with that person in advance that that you are going to call him or her when you get another distressing hit.

* If you have no one to call, journal about it in a notebook or the notes feature in your phone

* Focus on breathing until you calm down

I have learned from my own experience with the same problem you have that by putting some space between your precogs, and your emotional reactions to them, you could slowly gain control over both. But for this to work, it requires consistent self-monitoring, and a strong commitment to change.

Use the Cards

After interrupting your thoughts and emotions, and calming yourself, use the cards to restructure your thinking and gain equilibrium. Slowly and clearly read out loud what you've written on them. Really focus on the words and meanings behind them with conviction and feeling. Close your eyes as you repeat the phrases. Briefly glance at the sigils. Read through the deck more than once if you need to do so. Because you are not used to exercising this boundary within yourself, it might feel like you are lying when you say the affirmations.

Work through that feeling, and keep at it. Soon you'll feel your subconscious and conscious minds clicking into synch with each other. You'll feel the emotional charge you've raised and attached to the precog event begin to fade, then slowly disappear. It will be "outside" of you now, and your emotional equilibrium will restore itself. You will enjoy a newfound sense of peace, and most importantly, you will feel a sense of mastery over your precog ability, which until now, has had mastery over you. You're the boss of it! :)

Move On

As you are already aware, more times than not there will always be "literally nothing [you] can do about" the many spontaneous, intrusive precognitions you get. It's just the way it is, and the way it will be. With each episode you experience, once you have regained your mental and emotional equilibrium, get on with the business at hand in your day, your week, your month, your year. Respect and honor the soul journeys of those around you, do what you came here to do. Don't look back.

Repeat as Needed

Every time you feel yourself slipping into the habit of feeding drama energy to a precog event, like responding to a troll in a chat forum, bust them cards out!!! smiley_dance

Work in the Hypnagogic State

For added efficacy, keep another set of the cards on your nightstand. Read them aloud, both right before you go to sleep, and in the morning as you awaken (especially while you're still in that groggy, hypnagogic state --that is the best time for programming yourself).

The more you do these things, the better at maintaining your boundaries you will be. It's just skill-building, muscle-building. It's also habit-breaking, which is never an easy thing for anyone to do. But I've used cards like this when learning a new language, or practicing for a speech class, or changing deeply engrained habits of thought, so I know this works amazingly, surprisingly well. A psych teacher I had used to call this kind of thing "elaborative rehearsal," and swore by it, said that's how she got through grad school. She said it's important to say things out loud because you activate more areas of your brain, and embed new thoughts and behaviors more fully.

Keep using this simple technique to reinforce the mindset you'd like to have, keep rehearsing it, and before long, you won't need crutches any more. That muscle will become strong, and this will become an automatic, mental reflex. As a result, you will experience peace and self-confidence.

All the best to you.

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

kassandra, I had not for a minute intended my comments to be construed as getting into someone else's head or tampering with situations involuntarily precogged ...But since you saw it this way the unintended therefore can occur, so I have voluntarily removed my comments. Thanks for pointing out my error, and my apologies for confusion to our original poster. Pax. :) ST
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

I wish you hadn't pulled your comment, SpiritTalker, as what you wrote about is a way some people do choose to handle their intrusive promonitions. I did present just my opinion that that's not a way that I would handle them, and for that reason I made sure to use the words, "Personally, I do not recommend...." as a preface to what I wrote. I based that opinion on my having tried what you suggested many times, and found it exhausting and draining. Empaths and precogs tend to be natural "fixers" because we don't want to see other people suffer. But we have to examine that thinking because as the Buddhists say, the nature of existence on this planet tends to involve a lot of suffering. There's no way to save people from theirs.

What helped me a lot, and became part of the basis of my approach to managing empathy and precognitions, is studying the work of a neuroscientist, herself an empath. She introduced a concept that really stuck with me: porousness, porosity. That term is perfect. She used it a lot. Her philosophy was that an empath/precog's psychic porousness, their ability to see and feel so much, could be a gift (they could do readings for people), or it could be a curse (and look exactly like what Dark Lady described, which is very real), depending on how it's handled.

But first and foremost, the neuroscientist taught me, it is a mental game. The thoughtforms the empath espouses must be dealt with, the inner self-talk must be examined and adjusted where necessary, before anything else positive will change in his or her life as regards these abilities. Otherwise, we suffer, horribly. This approach saved her life. The approach I detail above at least has saved my sanity, if nothing else. But just because it worked for me, doesn't mean it works for everyone else. It's just a suggestion to try out, that's all. Maybe it will help Dark Lady and others, maybe it won't.

If you still have the text, I encourage you to repost it. Try not to take my or other member's differing approaches and perspectives as put-downs to something you have posted (that's your porosity showing, lol). That's not what they're meant to be. Sometimes what people say is arrived at through much trial and error in their lives (as in the case with me), and were said to merely present another way of looking at things. In fact, contrasting opinions and approaches are actually helpful for comparison purposes to someone like Dark Lady, looking to examine and weigh different angles in a topic.

Thanks.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”