sleep paralysis-like experiences at night (haunted?)

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
cherri

sleep paralysis-like experiences at night (haunted?)

Post by cherri »

hey
Heartsong

Re: sleep paralysis-like experiences at night (haunted?)

Post by Heartsong »

I've had a similar experience. It felt like I was in the state between awake and asleep, and an old woman was wriggling her fingers at me and cackling as I struggled to breath. I've read before that instances like these can be hallucinations due to the brain still trying to make the transition from dreams to consciousness (called hypnopompic hallucinations, according to the almighty google). In other cases, however, I think they can be real instances of seeing something.

Are you experiencing other odd phenomenon in the room besides what you've described, or has your cat shown other odd behaviors in the room? Are you stressed about something that might manifest in your dreams and what you're seeing is how your brain is interpreting it?

I can't tell you one way or the other whether your experiences are examples of something mundane or paranormal, but I can tell you that you aren't crazy. And that you are not the only one to have these kinds of experiences.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: sleep paralysis-like experiences at night (haunted?)

Post by SpiritTalker »

Have you tried fuming with incense to cleanse, especially under the bed and the closet?

http://innerself.com/content/healthy/di ... cense.html
This article recommends opening the windows and burning dragons blood to remove negativity, waiting 1/2 hour and closing the windows, followed by burning frankincense to re-fill the vacuum with positive energy.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”