Touching a ghost

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Shadee

Touching a ghost

Post by Shadee »

I wanted to share an experience I had something like 4 years ago.

My family has two houses: the main one near Paris, in which I currently live, and a former farm in Normandy. This happened in the latter.

It was in broad day, probably something like 1 PM, and we were in summer. I was reading on my bed, in my room, on the second floor. My parents were on the first floor, either cooking or setting the table.

At some point, my mother called out to me, for the meal was ready. I jumped out of my bed and went to walk out of my room. But then, something unexpected happened. As I was walking to the opened door, something came in at the same time. It looked like a ball of cigarette smoke, but it moved like a solid thing, and it left no trace behind. It was floating at chest height, and was the size of a watermelon.

I didn't have the time to react, since I was already walking fast when I saw it. We met, like two persons colliding at a corner, only it felt different. The smoky shape disappeared just before the impact, but I still felt it pass through me. Every inch of my skin that was touched (mainly my right arm) felt like it went through some thick cobweb, and all my body hair was standing upright afteward. It didn't feel cold or hot as I would have expected.

I didn't even have the time to be scared. After this incident, I felt kinda dumbfounded, so I stayed were I was for a while, wondering, and staring at my arm.

This never happened again, although I'm pretty sure I saw some other things in there. The original owner died accidentally from a blow to the head in this farm, and I think I saw him once wandering in the garden under the trees. Maybe it was him as well...? Or maybe just some sort of floating ectoplasm ball?

Anyway, I never heard anyone talking about how it felt to "touch" a ghost, or whatever this was. I thought you'd be interested ^^
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Touching a ghost

Post by SpiritTalker »

I've had a spirit touch my head and it felt much the same as you describe.
Shadee

Post by Shadee »

So, it was a spirit after all...? I found it funny how they just came through the doorway like they were still flesh and bone.

Some people say that, sometimes, a place can remember things and reproduce scenes of the past. Is there a difference between the two? I would love to know if I was in the presence of some sentient spirit, or just some sort of residue...
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Sounds sentient to me. The spirit was as surprised as you were. If the spirit was trying to "jump" you, say in a cleansing and it didn't want to leave and was making it a contest of wills it can be very unpleasant. A residual haunting is an event played out at a certain time or energy state. I'll check and see if I still have the case of the Forbe's mansion in draft to send you.
Shadee

Post by Shadee »

My... Maybe it was the last owner in the end. Or maybe there are other spirits wandering around the farm. I don't know.

I would love to see more, even though I get a bit scared when I think about it at night. I hope they are not in pain.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Since a ghost has no physical body, they won't feel physical sensations (disregarding full manifestation, that seldom happens). Emotions are another matter. Likely you'd pick up on distress right away. Some ghosts just don't know they died or rather, they prefer to disbelieve it. They may demand to know just what you think you are doing in their space ... Sigh. Explanations aren't always easy. Just be kind, but firm, that it is your space now. You won't bother them if they don't bother you. Their lease is expired. There is plenty to keep them happy in the next realm if they'd care to move on & restore their natural evolution. If they have a reason to stick around, they can do so unobtrusively. A little give and take never hurts.

Some -like spirit guides - have a job to do. They will let you know but probably not visibly. Well, maybe. If you have a knack for spirit communication, stick to your guide like glue. Don't play with strangers. It takes time and effort to create a relationship with your guide, in whatever form they reveal to you. 1-2 years is not excessive. You both train each other. They will protect and guide, but they let us make our own mistakes, so we learn. Ahh, too much info.

Oh, one more thought: always close any communication you open. Be firm. It keeps the riff raff from getting through.
Shadee

Post by Shadee »

Well, there is that one spirit... almost each time I draw tarot, and ask who's with me, I get the same card: the magician. This is how I call him ever since. The thing is, I never know what kind of question to ask him, so we rarely talk... and I don't draw the cards as much. Maybe I should, but I feel like I'm being annoying...

Would you advice me to try again? Or maybe try something more direct through meditation?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Maybe the 1st questions could be things like what is their signal to identify them, a name, and how they prefer to be contacted. Ask if they want to convey something. If they think we're wasting their time, they just ignore us.

And the backbone of any spiritual work in Wicca or the Craft is meditation. That's how we change our consciousness, hear and see beyond the physical. (in the Witchcraft 101 topic "getting started" I give simple tips).

Focussing attention for meditation is as simple as listening to the sounds in your back yard and sorting out one noise from another by focussing on one at a time, and listening. Our meditations will always have annoying distractions. We learn to accept that they are there but choose to remain focussed on what we're doing. It's a very soft perception. The mind never is silent. We just choose not to listen to the noise while we pay attention to something else.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

Starting on Omaha Beach and spreading across Normandy, there has to be countless smoke ghosts.

Pictured: the masculine chair of his-her matched rocking chairs, a wedding gift to my grandparents in 1920. It's reported this chair belongs to a ghost (rocks by itself) who came with the new chair. Based on whom has seen the ghost, the ghost only targets certain people, me not being on the list. Very harmless ghost, just a nuisance, so don't panic! The person who made the last ghost sighting claimed, after-the-fact, that the chair “looks haunted.”

Maybe I'll go into details; meanwhile, does the chair look haunted?
Attachments
1.JPG
Shadee

Post by Shadee »

SpiritTalker> Thanks for your help ^^ I'd like to practice more in my day to day life. The only thing is, I can't do centering... but this, I'd rather explain in another topic, if you don't mind.

Mr Crowley> It looks like a fine small chair to me... I wouldn't say it looks haunted. But is this really something we can tell with a picture?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Mr Crowley,what happens if someone sits in the chair? It looks normal enough ... Many a rocking mile.

Shadee, well if you don't center, then just do what you do when you reflect or thoughtfully ruminate over matters. You obviously do that quite well. It's just terminology and vocabulary. But yeh, let's not get off topic.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

What a topic.
Shadee wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:48 am It looked like a ball of cigarette smoke
I'm glad for this description. One of those of past centuries described it as ''condensed air'' and that always was my favourite definition.
SpiritTalker wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:35 pm Oh, one more thought: always close any communication you open. Be firm. It keeps the riff raff from getting through.
Once again I agree with ST & pretty much about everything she said here. As long as she writes, I don't even have to contribute to this forum.
Ok quotation related answer - I admire your statement and... sometimes I'm firm, sometimes not.
I wonder how much of a mistake it can be to keep on walking with many things half-way solved. Do you think I'm stupid if I leave things glowing with their potential?
Mr Crowley wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:06 pm Maybe I'll go into details; meanwhile, does the chair look haunted?
Yes! Maybe I will paint him one day for you. Long white hair he has. Was smiling at me but may change mind after I committed this exposure.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”