When it gets too spooky

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Ophelia

When it gets too spooky

Post by Ophelia »

I've always found it easy to communicate with spirits. Often in dreams or meditation, and I'm a magnet for paranormal activity. As a child, it seemed totally natural to me. As an adult, I realized that my all-too-friendly approach could (and did) reach out to a harmful force. After that I got pretty scared and began a 2+ yr long hiatus from communicating with spirits.

It's always felt natural to me, and I'm not one to avoid something just because it went wrong once. This time I'm going to be more careful with my shielding and be more specific with who I reach out to, be better at detecting lies, etc.

I can't be the only one that has gone out to play with spirits and gotten freaked out. What do you guys do to prevent or recover from such experiences? Many of my friends just view communication with spirits as so dangerous and uncontrollable that no one should do it...but it goes against what I feel is my nature.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: When it gets too spooky

Post by SpiritTalker »

I have only had a scant few negative spirit experiences, and even so they taught me a useful skill to recognize what to avoid. I had over exposure rather than negative events, & grounding exercises regained stability. Centering gave me back self control. Shielding came naturally bcs I'm a wuss.

The recovery from my over exposure involved accepting reality checks. The more acceptance i have of high strangeness, the less I resist, and the less I stir the psychic pot.

At one point I worked to recover childhood memories, and went to a favorite tree in my old schoolyard to ask it's help. I used to play with the tree at recess (K thru 2nd grade). It remembered me and was pleased to share it's recollections. That put me in touch with the inner-self identity that I'd lost, and I could follow the trail again.

So if I face plant, no need to fuss. It's part of the live & learn experience. We can't fully live without making mistakes. Each crash landing we walk away from teaches us better to fly.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

It's not if you have fallen. We all have. It's if you get back up. Being a natural medium has some difficulties that crop up. Having no conception of mediumship when you were young, spirits saw an easy path to where they want to go. They may just be looking to communicate with someone. It's an intrusion on your being none-the-less.

You say you had the feeling of complete normality dealing with spirits and the other things that go with it. NO ONE had told you it couldn't happen. You were young but, you knew how you felt. You were dealing with objective reality. Remember, your a natural at this. That's part of your unshakable faith in your ability.

Right now you crave control. You can choose to shield your self. You can choose to attempt communication, or not. On the other side you show a green corona with a scintillating edge of blue. Those who are lost will look to you for help. Other things not so needy, and not so harmless, may also seek you out. First keep your intimate living space cleansed and set your protection and ward it. You will find you'll have more restful sleep.

You'll have all the more energy for dealing with negative spirits that you may come across during the day. Before you leave your protected space make sure you are grounded and protected to leave your safe space. You should notice more confidence and strength of being as you pursue your day.

You may want to keep a night and a day journal. The night journal is for recording dreams. To record the cares of the day to clear them from yourself. You don't get anywhere by tiring yourself when you can do nothing about it. Set things aside and pick them up again tomorrow if needful. Put in things that were positive in the day just spent. It helps breed a positive attitude.

The day journal can be a small pocket pad to carry on you and record fulfillment of dreams, patterns in your life and things that are interesting and you don't want to forget them in the hurry of the day.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you want tips on your safe space. I've been doing them for people for 40 years. As always PM me anytime.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Ophelia wrote:I can't be the only one that has gone out to play with spirits and gotten freaked out. What do you guys do to prevent or recover from such experiences? Many of my friends just view communication with spirits as so dangerous and uncontrollable that no one should do it...but it goes against what I feel is my nature.

As with the Living, So with the Dead

Hi Ophelia. :wave: What helps me recover, as you say, is realizing that I am meeting people, and people have different personalities and life views ...as with the living, so also with the dead. Mediums who are naturally curious like I am, who welcome their experiences come what may, do well to learn to accept the unpleasant encounters along with the pleasant ones. So I don't suggest doing anything special to prevent such experiences, either way. Rather, I suggest your continuing to just be who you are.

All incarnates are not the same (meaning people still in their bodies; and I don't use the word "dead" because it seems to me to be a misnomer; ghosts aren't dead, they are merely discarnate beings). Some incarnates are nice people, some are complete jacka****. And then there's everything in between. So why would all ghosts be the same?

Ghosts are merely beings who retain their personalities when they leave here. I think it helps us mediums to always keep that in mind. Malevolent folks remain malevolent as ghosts. Kind people become kind ghosts whose presence you could welcome, appreciate and learn from. They often like to teach some skill they knew very well during their incarnate life, or otherwise help humanity.

Spiritualist Church Might Help

I think your friends, while they might be well-meaning and sincerely care about your well being, don't understand the part of you that is a medium. I think you accept it, but need to learn more about it. It might help you to befriend other people like you. You might really enjoy visiting a local Spiritualist Church, if you have one. Their membership consists of mediums, believe it or not (yeah, I was pretty surprised about that), and a meeting consists of mediums giving mediumship readings to each other. Some Sp. Churches also conduct psychic development circles and other metaphysical classes.

They will not discourage you from interacting with spirits because they are "so dangerous and uncontrollable." Conversely, they will teach you how to do so skillfully, in a way that respects both the spirit(s) and you, so that everyone's boundaries are respected. I believe we learn a lot from the dead, and that is also the philosophy of the Spiritualists. So they will welcome your using your ability as much as you see fit, which will help you grow as a person, mediumship intact.

Mediumship and Me

Anyway, I posted a couple of my mediumship encounters here: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p172986. While those experiences were unexpected and interesting, I tell ya' what's really freaky: meeting a ghost of yourself from a past life! Apparently, "splintering off" from our original soul energy, and forming into new energies is a thing we do here, I don't know. All I know is I have met not one, but a few of my Terran past life selves of this density. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around that one. How freaky is that?! Maybe I'll write about those experiences one day.

The best.

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Ophelia. It just dawned on me this morning that you may not have been referring to discarnate humans when you mentioned "spirits" in your OP.

What sorts of spirits did you mean? I should have asked you that before typing my post above, lol.

Thanks. :wink:

Ophelia

Post by Ophelia »

Kassandra, that is a super helpful post. I'll have to check around for Spiritualist Churches in my area. I'm in a big city, so it can't be too hard.

I've had few negative experiences. I don't think it was a discarnate human. I'm more concerned about other worldly spirits: demons and such.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

I can tell you from experience that dem0ns are tough nuts to crack if they have gotten a foothold in this reality. I tangled with one when I was in top physical shape and had been practicing the Arts for 26 yrs. It still took me to the limit. That's with a background in Indian medicine which takes the fear out of the equation. I commend you for your caution. I have seen all to many who have a cavalier attitude.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”