Shadow People

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
HopefulChild

Shadow People

Post by HopefulChild »

So from the time that I was about 10 years old up into my late 20's...I think 27 or 28, I used to see shadow people.
I saw them pretty consistently. Walking through fields, and on road sides , around buildings, inside buildings. Saw one in my house and it was pretty persistent for a few years. Just kind of always around especially near to and just after night fall.
Sometimes really late at night 3-4 am. Mostly though between 9 and 11 pm.
And not just people. Dogs, cats, a horse once and I still believe one time that I saw a man with a large cats head. And that is the only time a "shadow thing" ever seemed to take notice of me personally.
I was 14 years old and I had been out hunting. I had no plans to shoot anything, I don't even think I took ammunition. When I was coming home I saw what looked like a large man off a distance in the woods. I kind of ignored it, I had a gun with me and a my German Sheppard, Buzz who was about 80 lbs and protective.
Another 40 yards or so walking toward home and I heard big movement, wondered if it was a deer and my dog Buzz became very alert. We were right at the edge of the woodland about to come out into a cow field on the back side of the farm.
When I looked for the deer I saw the man again, but it was obvious something was wrong. He was...very tall. Abnormally tall for as far away as he looked to be. And his head was shaped like a large cat head and he was all black. Not dressed in all black..he was just a continuous sheet of blackness except for his eyes, which were white holes.
I freaked out. The dog freaked out and we both hauled our butts as fast as we could back to the house. When I stopped at the fence line I could see the shadow man standing just inside the treeline looking in my direction.
We had 8 dogs. Buzz, my dog was the puppy of a retired police dog. Bandit, my brothers dog was a siberian husky right around 80 lbs. And 6 different hunting dogs that were kenneled. 2 beagles, a blood hound, a blue tick hound, and 2 field pointers.
All the dogs were going crazy, Buzz and Bandit had come inside the house with me and hid under my bed. The other dogs all hid inside their kennels.

After that day I saw the cat man again a few months later in the dead of winter. I was breaking ice on the pond so that the cattle could get to the water and in the tree line was the cat man. It was so cold I couldn't feel my face, so I looked down and kept breaking ice. I just didn't care at that point. When I looked up it was still there but had moved up the treeline, so I kept breaking ice and the next time I looked for it, it was gone. Never saw it again.

I continued seeing shadow people and some animals for years and years. I told one of my closest friends about it, and he suggested that I go to my college counselor and request a psychiatric evaluation. He was worried I was going crazy.
So I did. She said it was normal psychological and physiological stress and that over time it would go away on it's own.
She said the more I focused on them, the more I would see them.

Well I kept seeing them for another ten years or so. Then I read and article about small particles inside the vitreous fluid in our eye breaking loose and floating around and casting shadows onto our retina that can make us see all kinds of crazy stuff. I accepted that is what was happening and I never saw another shadow person again.

Until my second to youngest daughter was born almost 3 years ago. For a 3 month period after that I was seeing shadow people again. Inside and outside of the house. I told my wife about it and she asked if they scared me, and I said no, not really. She said if they don't scare you then don't worry about it. So I didn't, and I stopped seeing them until my youngest daughter was born and for a month or so I was seeing them again and when I thought about what my wife had said, I stopped seeing them.

I treat the cat man as an isolated thing. I'm not sure he counts in with the other shadow people. I've read a tremendous amount about the shadow servants, and native american traditions. And mind you, all of this was happening to me WAY before any movies, or talk shows were popularizing this information. We are talking the late 80s all the way through to the 90's and right up to 2 years ago.

And the important thing to note is that other than the cat man, I never felt afraid. There is being startled when you think you see someone in your house but when I realized it was a shadow person, the fear would go away and I'd ignore it.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?
YanaKhan

Re: Shadow People

Post by YanaKhan »

This reminded me of something I read a long time ago.
I was a part of another occult forum, that doesn't exist anymore. There was this guy, who wrote a book. The name I think was "The teachings of XOYLO" and I remember it was very much connected to shadow people.
I don't really have time now, but you could try and look for the book and see if it makes sense to you.
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

Thank you!
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

I've heard a lot of reports on shadow people but have never seen one myself. I've always suspected it may just be another way that spirits manifest. Though many of the people who report them get a very bad feeling. But is that because they're just frightened? Most people fear what they don't understand. Many of the people who report seeing them, see them repeatedly, and seem to be getting followed by them. I can't be sure what they are, as always, I need more research to be done on them.

I've seen ghosts in different forms. I've seen them as misty apparitions, I've seen them so solid that they appear alive, and I've seen them looking completely human, but see through. My fiancee had even taken pictures of a dark apparition, but I wouldn't call it a shadow person, I think it was a child. He was short, dark in color, pretty solid, and he moved from picture to picture.

With all my weird theories and all, I've often wondered if these "shadow people" could be inter-dimensional travelers of some sort, and not actually spirits. But then, the people who report them usually report seeing them multiple times and that they seem to be following them everywhere they go. So for me, without having any evidence of my own to explore, it's very hard to say what they are but I have a scientific 'slash' paranormal theory too and I could share it if you want to hear. Often I've thought that they may just be ghosts that manifest that way. For us, it's hard to say, for it could be any number of circumstances that cause them to be dark. Is it the energy that's available to them to manifest that makes them dark? Do they want to be dark to cause fear, as a negative entity would? There are many investigators who don't believe in shadow people at all. I remain open minded on the subject and think I'd need more evidence and research to make a decision.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I saw a shadow man in my bedroom once, about 6 or 7 years ago. He was across the room, just watching me. Smoky was still with us at the time. He got in between, and kept the shadow away from me. He said it was his job to protect me, because he was my familiar. His health started declining soon after that. He was getting older, but I think the experience drained him even faster.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

That is interesting Snowcat.

My dog Buzz had actually saved me once from being attacked by a large Boxer dog that had gotten free and was running loose in our neighborhood. I was walking to a friends and thought Buzz was back at home inside the house. He would follow me everywhere, and I didn't want him hit by a car when I was walking into town. My mom let him out cause he was losing his mind and clawing at the door. I didn't notice the boxer (walkman jam) until it was only yards away, and when I stopped, it was growling and I tried to talk to it, because I've been around dogs, and mostly they want to be friendly. Thus guy did not. It snarled and when I took a step back it launched at me in a full run. I didn't even have time to turn around to run I stumbled and Buzz came shooting across the road and slammed into the boxer like a truck within a couple of feet of me as I was falling down backwards. I sat on the ground and watched them fight for what seemed like forever but it was literally, just seconds.
When the boxer turned tail, Buzz didn't chase it. He ran to me and I checked him out, and cleaned the Boxer's slobber off his coat and we ran home. He was ok.

This story is relevant because the Shadow Man/Cat is the only time I'd ever seen my dog hide from anything.
The next spring after I saw the Shadow Man/Cat, our pet dogs, Buzz, and Bandit, and the neighbors cat Patches, and their dog, Mitsy, and dozens of birds both large and small all died within a week of each other. Crows and even 2 buzzards.
My parents freaked out and called the EPA, and the Farm Bureau in Ky. The EPA guys said they found a sinkhole out in the woods surrounded by dead animals including a few deer and a coyote and buzzards that had come to feed on the dead deer.
Their explanation was that the sinkhole had been filled with water after heavy rains, and the water was tainted with natural arsenic, because there are coal deposits all around Ky and arsenic gets trapped in layers of coal shale and can be "washed out" during heavy rains. They also said they didn't find significant traces of arsenic so as the weather dried out, the arsenic evaporated with the water in the sink hole.

Now I'm not so sure.

I haven't thought about all this in years. Funny what can trigger memories.

I've never seen what I would call a ghost. I've always wanted to. I've gone ghost hunting, and crept around in many abandoned buildings and places where ghosts were supposed to haunt. I've never seen or experienced anything that I couldn't easily explain.
Like I said I have always considered the shadow people as a physical issue inside my eye, and I had convinced myself that the CatMan was just Matrixing in my mind or something that didn't make sense.

That event is what got me interested in Cryptozoology though. I've wasted many many hours reading reports about bigfoot and mKalei Mbembe and the Fire Birds of South America and so on.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I've been thinking about the layers of the worlds the past few days. Something seems to have at least a few of us on a similar wavelength.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Becks

Post by Becks »

I wondered if you're able to see spirits and that's the way they appear to you? I only say that because your descriptions of the shadow folk sound so varied....I got the impression that not all of them are the ominous sort...

Like any ability, if we wish the ability to see away-sometimes we can suppress that part of our natural ability.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I routinely see spirits. The thing in my bedroom was something else.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Becks

Post by Becks »

Oh yes, that sounds very much the case Snow. Absolutely. Bless your sweet fur baby for protecting you. I was wondering about Hopefulchild and the multitude of what he sees.
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

The only menacing thing I have ever seen that I could not explain, is the Cat Head Man. Every other time I'd seen shadow people, they just seemed to be doing their own thing. Even when I saw the ones in my house, they weren't menacing.
To be honest they seemed like they were curious about stuff in the house. Or me.

It's not like I could walk up and have a conversation with one. They always appeared in the periphery of my vision and I could maintain sight of one for minutes on end as it moved around as long as I turned my head so that it never moved into my direct line of sight.
If I looked directly at it, nothing was there.

Just figured I would bring it up and see what others had heard, witnessed.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I may have seen a shadow person for the first time just the other day. It was a beautiful sunny day and the sun was shining in through blinds. I was in the kitchen which is an open concept to the living room and dinning room and has a door to the back yard. I looked up because I felt like I saw someone coming in the back door and walking very quickly around the couch out of sight, (wouldn't be uncommon for my fiancé to be coming in that door, or one of his friends for that matter) headed towards the front door or garage. But, when I looked to see who it was it was a tall & dark shadow figure of a man with long hair. I was a little freaked out at first but it was gone in a hurry. Then I thought maybe I'm wrong, maybe that was a shadow coming in from outside through the windows somehow. So I waited and waited to see it or any shadow again, and nothing. The more I thought about it the more I thought maybe that I saw a shadow person.

I've actually reported seeing a man with long hair in my living room before but I felt that man was an angel, as I was so focused on guardian angels at the time. And, it wasn't just a shadow, it was as real as you and me. I don't think this was the same man though.

Rosie
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

That situation, where I see someone moving into or away from an area that I am in, is almost entirely how I catch glimpses of shadow people. I'm not hyper aware, but if something "moves"...it catches my attention.

It generally starts with me catching a glimpse passing from one room to another, I go to investigate and see nothing, until I am leaving to go back to what I was doing, then as I'm moving my head, I catch them in my peripheral vision.

Now the medical explanation for that was physics and fluid dynamics. I turn my head, and the particles floating inside the fluid in my eye, doesn't move at the same speed because it is suspended in fluid, so I "catch up to it" in my peripheral.
Makes sense.
Doesn't explain why when I'm able to stop my head, it never looks like the shadow "thing" moves away...which is what would happen with a particle suspended in fluid. It would keep moving, based on physics, until it bumped into the side of my eyeball, and then stop.
And how would physics determine whether I'm seeing a shadow, horse, or a shadow person???

LOL

Thanks Rosie..it's nice to know similar situations happen to others.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Thank to you too HopefulChild! I'm also glad to hear someone else has these experiences. Also good to hear you also see shadow animals. I've seen shadow cats and dogs before, but never a horse I don't think. And, these experiences often happen similarly to the one I described. I see something move out of the corner of my eye and my brain is telling me it's a cat. But, when I try to focus in on it, the shadow disappears or "runs" off and there is nothing there except maybe an old milk jug or something that makes me questions whether I really saw something or of it was the mill jug and light playing tricks on me. Knowing you have similar experiences makes me more confident that what I saw was real, even if I only got a glimpse of it.

Rosie
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

Been catching glimpses again.

Another odd thing that has started happening again is hearing people call out my name. It is always fleeting and I always have a hard time determining whose voice it is, but it's always familiar and it seems like someone needs my attention.

Yesterday at work I heard a woman distinctly say, "Aw Kevin, you are in trouble". IN a friendly and joking way.

I was amused because I thought it was Kelly. She is the only woman on my team within ear shot of my cubicle. I assumed she had gotten a call or chat about one of my support cases and there was something wrong with my notes, or my procedural steps in working on a server or something. Something benign.

I walked over and leaned on the cubicle wall and Smiled and she held up her finger to let me know she was on the phone.

After a minute her call ended and I asked if it was my case and why was I in trouble. She looked confused and told me she wasn't working on my case and I told her I'd heard her say I was in trouble.
She was really amused then. She hadn't said anything and she asked me if this happened to me a lot...hearing voices.
I laughed and said that I know I'm not crazy, I've been tested. We both chuckled and she said that she was serious and that it used to happen to her and she went to a medium and that woman helped her solve the issue.
So I told her briefly about the shadow people and she smiled even bigger and acknowledged that she has had similar experiences.

It was kind of funny, when I met her, I asked her about her totem, a necklace she was wearing. It was to me, an obvious totem. Like mine, it wasn't just jewelry because it wasn't particularly attractive lol. But I could tell it was "charged" She seemed offended that I noticed or asked so blatantly about it. So I pulled mine out of my shirt and told her bluntly, "Well this is mine. I charge it by hanging it on sunflowers before noon"..LOL

So let's add hearing voices to seeing shadow people and now let me tell you again how I'm not crazy..right.

Found this:

Ten Signs of a Spiritual Awakening Written Anonymously

1. Your Sleep patterns change, you feel restless but seem to have more energy. Get used to it and don’t worry. Your body will adjust in time.

2. Shivers, crawling sensations, tingle on your scalp. Feeling pressure on the crown, like someone is pushing down with a finger. Flashes of great inspiration/creativity/thoughts. Feeling vibration around the head and ears. Don’t worry. This is the opening of the crown chakra and divine energy flowing in.

3. Sudden waves of emotion. Feeling sad, lonely, happy, angry etc for no reason. This is the release of blocked emotions & can come from the heart chakra. Don’t be hard on yourself. Acknowledge the feelings as they arise and let go of them with love.

4. Old issues keep coming back and at times you feel very lost. You’re never lost. Face any old issues that arise and deal with them. This is necessary & deeply cleansing.

5. Your physical body can change. Your eating habits become healthier. Your whole body & mind is changing. This will settle down as you deal with old issues. Your vibration will rise as you surrender with unconditional love.

6. Your senses increase in their sensitivity. Your 6th sense opens up and you become much more aware of subtle energies. You may begin to see sparkles of light, shadows, balls of energy, grids of light, movement from the corner of your eyes. You may also hear your name being called, voices, humming in your ears, fleeting smells and become aware of ‘someone’ being close to you. These are signs of spirit & your guides. Never fear! Remember that you are always in charge and set down firm rules. Always practice discernment when dealing with spirit.

7. You begin to see the world with new eyes. You feel loving and at one with everything. Keep in the flow! Be compassionate and loving as best you can and don’t be hard on yourself when you’re having a bad day. Be gentle with yourself as your awareness is expanding.

8. You will desire more & more to break free of restrictive patterns & old habits that do not serve you anymore. Have courage and do it! Clear out the old to make room for the new.

9. You begin to notice more & more signs that speak directly to you on a very profound level. They will have great meaning to you as your awareness blossoms.

10. Synchronicity flows faster. These wonderful events flow when you are on the right path. Meetings, people, numbers, pictures…there are no limits to the ‘coincidences’ that come. Try to feel the message behind and trust your intuition.

And remember you are not alone.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”