Shadow People

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Kassandra

Re: Shadow People

Post by Kassandra »

Hmmm. I notice it's the same time of year as your first post too, September. Maybe your psychic awareness tends to naturally get keener, sharper around now, for whatever reason.

SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I noticed the timing too. It seems that certain things happen at certain times.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

I did NOT notice that the timing was similar. Were I a diary or journal type of girl..I may have even more statistical evidence for this theory.
Thank you.
I guess pushing toward Samhain, it really must be getting thinner.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

It's interesting that this came up again. Just last week I was searching around on YouTube for something interesting to listen to and I found a video on shadow people. One theory I found interesting that I heard was that it actually might be beings from the future practicing time travel. The man proposed that many shadow people are seen wearing hats or helmets, or like in your case hopefulchild, the head looking somewhat odd or different from human, and that may be because sometime in the future a device is created to allow someone to travel back in time and observe, and it requires putting on the helmet. He also proposed it could be beings from another dimension who are basically doing the same thing. Makes as much sense as anything in my opinion.

Rosie
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I am constantly seeing shadow people and hearing things, and Cody tends to notice them around me, too. It is my fiancé's theory that I am actually creating them, kind of like a poltergeist scenario... and it became worse after I started taking medication for my anxiety and manic depression. It see where he is coming from; I would have been dispelling a ton of negative energy before hand, but now I am better able to keep things under control... what if that energy HAS to go somewhere regardless, so it is manifesting into some sort of spirit being?
I agree with him to a certain point. I do think that my depression may have something to do with helping these things manifest, but more than that I think that I have always simply been open to seeing them. *shrugs*

For example, when I was living with Cody's parents, there was often a group of shadow people in my bedroom when I opened the door, but as soon as I walked in they would vanish. I told Cody about it all the time, but I don't think he took me seriously until he woke up one night and saw a cluster of them in the corner of the room that I always saw them in... totally freaked him out.

Just telling my little bit on this topic. It Always interests me when others bring it up.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I wonder if there's any connection to your alien in the mirror.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

I believe you're referring to me @Snowcat. I wonder this too. But, shadow people are usually blurry or otherwise a dark shadowy figure that's hard to make out, the alien I saw fully. Very detailed. Also, you often hear of aliens messing with, abducting/performing experiments on, or harming humans. You never hear this about Shadow figures. They are almost always just observers. Goes well with the theory they are time travelers here to observe the past. But, as in the case of the alien in my bathroom, that alien was not of this dimension it seemed and so it couldn't touch me or harm me the way aliens who are actually here in our dimension and on our earth can. So I don't think they are the same thing, but who knows if there is a connection between the two or not? Your question got me thinking: What if, the ones like the one in my bathroom, are the future descendants of the ones who are harming humans now? I'll have to chew in this one a minute or two...

Rosie
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Yeah, I've been mixing things up this week. Too much on my mind and too much running back and forth across town. But I will say that Rosie and Smogie are both lovely helpful contributing members.

Anyway, the shadow people and mirror aliens really do strike me as similar in their approach. I've always thought that it was some sort of dimensional thing, a la The Tholian Web from the original Star Trek. Kirk stuck in another dimension that periodically interfaced with the Enterprise, and the Tholians building a Web that would have trapped him forever.

If I'm rambling tonight, it's because I had to get up at 4:00 and hit the bricks by 5:00.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Shadow People

No, sorry dear @snow, you're not rambling or mistaken, I just wasn't the original poster and wanted to make sure you were referencing me. I think you are also a wonderful and supportive member of the group and I can say it wou don't be the same without you. I can say I am glad we have met, even if it is electronically. :)

Rosie
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

Awe, Snow, you made me smile.

I enjoy this topic, Hopeful has always had thought provoking and well thought out topics that lead to wonderful stories and conversations...I'm going to need to find this "alien in the mirror" story you mentioned. Sounds like a post I would enjoy reading... even if it scares me ;)
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

So, in a similar vein, I saw a patient's doppelganger this morning while I was doing his visit. Willie was still in bed, and is immobile due to a spinal cord injury, so I know it wasn't him. I was in the kitchen getting his meds, and out of the corner of my eye, saw him walk from his bedroom to his bathroom. Then when I was in the bedroom giving him his meds, I saw his deceased cat, Abner, run from the bathroom to the living room. He still has Abner's sister Abby. She was extra wound up this morning. I just hope it isn't an omen of something happening to Willie.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Oakheart

Post by Oakheart »

I used to see them on a nightly basis when I was in elementary school. It went away for awhile before I started seeing them again in my early twenties. Last time I saw one was two years ago.
Student of Rosicrucianism, Neoplatonism & Hermetic Kabbalah.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

@Oakheart, do you mind describing more of what they look like to you? I'm just curious. Thanks!

Rosie
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I haven't been part of this conversation yet...but "I see dead people" (haha) fairly often, ranging from orbs to transparent figures to solid as brick. And randomly see shadow people as dark absence of light. I generally catch their outline from the corner of my eye, and if I then center quickly, I can turn face-on and still see the outline. If I speak, poof! They go. Just once I watched one walk from one room to another. I felt my privacy was invaded long enough and followed. Then when I spoke, the shadow froze like I had snuck up and startled it, and poof, again. I've generally accepted the time-traveler theory for the shadow people, but never saw one with head gear. It's usually the head and shoulders I see, except for the one I followed. That was full-form but no descriptive details beyond height, approx. 5'8". I mean, it's a shadow. What's to describe? Mostly what I see in my house passes through from the front door to the back door. (don't let the door hit you on the way out). When I worked at the cemetery, I saw plenty of spirits at that location, but never a shadow person, for what it's worth.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

When I see dead people, they're fully dressed, just like they would be in the physical realm. There's just something about them, that tells me they're dead.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”