Communication with spirits

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Maria

Communication with spirits

Post by Maria »

Hello. I just read the post by Sakura Blossom about spirit communication. It was very informative and enjoyable! I'm glad I found it. I'm hoping that someone can answer a couple of questions. First, how can I know that a spirit is trying to communicate with me ? And second, how can I know what type of spirit it is? I've had experiences that made me think something was trying to get my attention but I seem to always end up thinking it's nothing. I want to believe my daddy tries to tell me things in my dreams but I can't prove it to myself. I sometimes think I see things that aren't there out of the corner of my eye, which usually is on the left side. I have heard my name, predominately on my left side. I have seen a shoe walk across the floor by itself, water turn on by it self, doorknobs turn by themselves, and I believe I saw a ghost as a child. I still remember her well! Not long ago I believed there was a dog ghost or something following me. My daughter had experiences too and I don't really know how to help her when I don't know myself. Is there a way to know if any of my experiences are real?
Maria :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Communication with spirits

Post by SnowCat »

Try asking your daddy to give you a specific sign outside of your dreams. I know how important that communication can be. The fact that you're not just blindly believing, tells me that at least on some level you know it's real. It sounds like it's been benign communication, which is reassuring. Sometimes we just have to have a very definitive "AHA!!!!" moment that tips us over the edge into a strange and wonderful world.

SnowCat
Daughter of Sekhmet
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Yep, I agree with Snowcat. Actually, the spirits could give you signs not just in dreams, but also in waking state. I remember when I was musing about my Mom's death (it was just last year), I seemed to have heard her reply (not verbally, but inside my mind): "I was called to this side, because my mission there was already fulfilled and there's something they want me to do here."

I was surprised at my Mom's unexpected response, which I, at first, attributed to my wild, wild imagination. "How do I know you are really talking to me," I asked, "and that I'm not merely thinking this? You know very well Mom, I don't just accept things without proof."

"What proof do you want?" Mom seemed to have asked me.

"Alright, just show me a very simple proof. Show me a butterfly or a moth in this room. That's easy to do for a spirit."

"Fine," Mom seemed to reply telepathically.

So I looked around the funeral house for any sighting of a butterfly or moth or any flying insect :), but none showed. Even after I returned home the next morning, I didn't see what I requested. So I concluded that my communication with Mom was a mere product of my fertile imagination.

In the afternoon, the next day, I randomly picked up a book from my library to ease my boredom and depression. I didn't even look what book is and what it's title. When I opened the book at random, I was stunned to see a big colored picture of a butterfly.

So my advice, start having an "imaginary" conversation with the spirit and you will find out that they do communicate with us in a concrete and specific manner. :)
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Maria

Post by Maria »

Seraphin murmur thank you for sharing that with me! I've had moments like that and like you, have also questioned it. But, I've never asked for proof I guess mainly from fear of not getting it. Snowcat, I do believe, or really want to believe my daddy and others are watching over me. I awoke one night and in my head something said look. Of course I thought to myself what could I be looking at in the dark. But for a second, I saw a figure bent over at the waist and he stood up straight and looked at me. Unfortunately, I didn't focus on the face but more on the fact that he was wearing a camouflage jacket! However, I feel it was my brother . He passed on in November 2013. So, I will ask for proof from whomever is there. I would love to be more receiving if they do try to communicate. Thank you for the encouragement!!
Maria

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”