The San Luis Valley

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
SnowCat
Banned Member

The San Luis Valley

Post by SnowCat »

I'm sure everyone has wondered about something going wrong, especially in a case when you didn't even realize you were doing anything. I'm going to post a true story of something that happened to me. It's a cautionary tale in the extreme. It will take a bit of time, so please bear with me. And please, please, don't think it's something you can try to do safely.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
shatteredsouls

Re: What If Something Goes Wrong?

Post by shatteredsouls »

You mean you didn't do anything but things went wrong? Sounds tricky to me.

Please do share your incident with us.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

The summer of 1971, I was 16. My best friend Joan was 16, her sister Cindy was 13. We spent a month in Mesita, CO with their grandparents. Mesita is in the San Luis Valley, which known for unusual events. The town itself, is a ghost town now, although the church that's pivotal to the story is still standing. If you Google Mesita, CO, you can see a sort film of the area, and see the church.

What happened isn't easy for me to talk about, so it may take a while. It will happen.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

This sounds intriguing Snow.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
shatteredsouls

Post by shatteredsouls »

Please take your time, snow :) There's no rush at all
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I haven't finished this because it's a difficult story to tell. But as I said in the beginning, it involves real people and a real place. The daytime soap opera Dark Shadows was quite popular at the time. I think a lot of us had teenage crushes on Quentin Collins. He was the family werewolf played by David Selby. He even had his own theme song in the show; Quentin's Theme. Most of you probably know that certain tone patterns can cause things to happen. Quentin's Theme seems to have been such a pattern.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

SnowCat wrote:Most of you probably know that certain tone patterns can cause things to happen. Quentin's Theme seems to have been such a pattern.
I read that somewhere about Quinton's theme, and that there was more to that show than there seemed to be.

SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: The San Luis Valley

Post by SnowCat »

I decided to change my title to The San Luis Valley, as that's where the incident took place. To backtrack just a bit, the valley is an ancient lake bed, and a place of power. It's also a hotbed for UFO activity.

That night, Cindy and I were bored. As we walked down the dirt road that comprised the town's only street, we talked about the feeling in the air. It was a feeling of restless energy. I remember we both felt like gunfighters walking down the street of a wild west town. To relieve our boredom, we decided to visit the church. We were both at a pivotal point between Christianity and paganism, having devoted fairly equal time to both paths. If we had just visited the church in a respectful manner, chances are that nothing would have happened. Being teenagers, that thought was not uppermost in our minds. We were bored. The church had a piano. We both had some slight skill with the piano. We were also both quite empathic.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Aesiryth

Post by Aesiryth »

This story is very intriguing. Can't wait, but do take your time :)
"At the center of your being you have the answer;
You know who you are and what you want."

-Lao Tzu
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

In addition to being empathic, we were both missing some common sense that evening. Did I mention that we were teenagers? Everyone knows that teenagers don't need common sense because they're indestructible. Teenagers can do dumb things in a haunted church and come out of it unscathed. We knew that Cindy's Uncle Rocky had experienced something bad in that church years earlier, but that wasn't going to happen to us. So we blithely set about playing the piano. I think we played hymns from the hymnal for a while, but that got boring. Then Cindy decided to play Quentin's Theme. Everything changed after that.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

:anxious: following...
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Aaah... Bookmarking this thread... Very curious and interesting!
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

With the last notes, something dark came over the church. It was a physical, palpable darkness. It wasn't like the fading of light when the clouds cover the sun. It was like a dark presence had entered. We hightailed it out of there and we're thankful that nothing worse had happened. We didn't know that it was just the beginning.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Aesiryth

Post by Aesiryth »

I know you said this would take a while to tell, but I just was hoping you didn't forget about finishing this very intriguing story.
"At the center of your being you have the answer;
You know who you are and what you want."

-Lao Tzu
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

We pondered our experience for a few days, then moved on with our lives. We were teenagers. We were invulnerable. We went back to school that fall, business as usual. Then strange things started happening to Cindy. She was tested for epilepsy, with negative results. A priest was called in to perform an exorcism, again with negative results. One Sunday we had gone to Mass together, Cindy, her sister, and me. Cindy had a seizure in the middle of the service. We realized then, that something dark had attached itself to her that night in the old church. Her life became a slow downward spiral after that. She needed a hysterectomy at the age of twenty. She turned to self medicating with alcohol and other substances. Nothing that was tried made a difference. She died in a car accident in January of 1981. We all knew that the events of that night in 1973 had set her on a path to ruin. A number of the people at the funeral saw apparitions of her, as did people in her house and her neighbor's house. I don't know yet, if her spirit has found peace. I know I have to live with my responsibility for my part in it. Majick is not something to be trifled with. It always comes with a price. In this case, the price was Cindy's life.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”