your first ghostly experiance

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Lostseeker

Re: your first ghostly experiance

Post by Lostseeker »

One of my first ghost experiences, I was a kid. Probably around 11 or 12 years old.

It was night, my parents had a couple of friends over and everyone was in the living room. I managed to escape from the crowd (as I do prefer to be alone at times), and I went to my room.

The curtain was open as usually I left it open , and I stood in my room , leaned against the desk, and just looked straight at the reflection of my bedroom in the window.
(The light was on in the room, so , the window reflected as clear as a mirror would, you know? Since it was night and dark outside, and the curtain open, my bedroom window reflected everything in the room as clear as a mirror would.)

Anyhow , I was bored and just leaning on the desk and staring at the reflection of me in my room at night.

Then I saw in the reflection, in the hallway, a man with dark hair, and a dark suit . (Not at all like anyone that was in the house).
He drifted into my room, through the doorway from the hall ! Then, he came to the right of me, stopped as though standing next to me, ( I was completely stunned and in shock , which is why I didn't move).

I looked beside me , saw no one there, looked back at the reflection . He was Still there!

Then, he did something which freaked me right out, as I continued to look at him in the reflection of the window, his head turned in the direction where I was (which was right next to him, he was on my right side).

At that point, I got so scared that I ran out of the room and to the kitchen , pulled my brother aside into the kitchen (so that I wouldn't interupt my parents talking with their friend's, cause I didn't want to get in trouble, and doubted anyone would believe me).

I told my brother to come with me to our room. When we got there, the man in the dark suit, was gone. I then told my brother what happened.

I have seen other things since then, yet that was basically one of the first experiences I had.
The_Reclining_Reader

Post by The_Reclining_Reader »

My first ghostly encounter was when I was about twelve or thirteen. My little brother was about two months old, and one night I woke up to hear him crying. After laying in bed for for a moment, I realized my mother and step-father weren't getting up to check on him. So I threw off my covers and shuffled over to his bedroom door. Halfway down the hall, he stopped crying, but I continued, thinking he still needed a diaper change or something. So I slowly opened the door, not wanting to make too much noise. I took one step into the room, and a figure in my mother's rocking chair caught my eye. It was an old woman in a brown dress, maybe forties style. She was looking at my little brother's crib, but turned her head to look at me when my foot landed. She point a finger to her lips and I heard, "Shhh."

Still shocked, I whispered, "Okay," and got my butt back to my room.

The creepiest thing was, that used to be my room.
The Reclining Reader
Media Reviews and Tarot
ness

Post by ness »

The_Reclining_Reader wrote:My first ghostly encounter was when I was about twelve or thirteen. My little brother was about two months old, and one night I woke up to hear him crying. After laying in bed for for a moment, I realized my mother and step-father weren't getting up to check on him. So I threw off my covers and shuffled over to his bedroom door. Halfway down the hall, he stopped crying, but I continued, thinking he still needed a diaper change or something. So I slowly opened the door, not wanting to make too much noise. I took one step into the room, and a figure in my mother's rocking chair caught my eye. It was an old woman in a brown dress, maybe forties style. She was looking at my little brother's crib, but turned her head to look at me when my foot landed. She point a finger to her lips and I heard, "Shhh."

Still shocked, I whispered, "Okay," and got my butt back to my room.

The creepiest thing was, that used to be my room.
This gave me the chills :)
Hazel Moon

Post by Hazel Moon »

I've had several encounters with spirits. The first time I actually saw one was back when I was eleven.

It was at night, and I was in the living room watching tv. I saw something out of the corner of my eye, and when I looked to my left I saw the shape of a man pacing back and fourth in the kitchen. It looked like he was made of blue energy, maybe a blue light, and his feet never touched the floor when he walked.

I watched him for a while before I started getting creeped out and had to look away. I tried to ignore him and continue watching tv, but whenever I glanced back at the kitchen he was still there. It took a few minutes before he finally left.
We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
Love knows no limits, not even death.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think I was 4 or 5. I awoke one night and saw the next door neighbor lady standing at the foot of my bed. I said a sleepy “hi” and she said she’d “come to say goodbye.” I got up on my elbows, so I was fully awake, and asked where she was going. She smiled and disappeared. OK - I went to my parents’ room to tell mom & of course she said it was a dream. So I shrugged and went back to bed.

The next day I over heard mom and dad talking about the neighbor lady having died and discussing if they should tell me. I think they did later, but I really didn’t know what “died” meant besides going away. I took things at face value as a kid.
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

Soni wrote: I felt trapped and at the same time I felt the "hug" was gentle enough, it really wasn't forceful, didn't press on me too much... but I definitely felt it.
I had the same kind of experience once,and I told the thing in no unclear terms to go away. I am pretty sure it was nothing good, rather something wanting to leech on my energy.
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

First time I remember was when my granny died after a long illness when I was 7. She came in the night after and took me out of my body to take a walk with her under the summer full moon. She was sorry to leave me, not to be able to guide me anymore, but she was fine where she was etc. It was such a weird experience to walk without a body, being like fog in a way and being able to touch the moonlight!

The next night she came again, but then she told me that unfortunately this was the last time.

2 years later on my 9th birthday my grandpa died. He, too,came the night after and took me from my body but I had to help him kind of,and he only took me to the corner of my house (where the bins are to boot haha) and under another full moon he said he was sorry that he was not good at this but he wanted to say goodbye,too - I guess since he and granny had some kind of rivalry going on he didn't want to not show up or not do what she could do. I told him it was fine and hugged him, and he was gone and had forgotten to put me back in my body or didn't know how. But after spending more time in the nightly garden I figured that one out myself.
TabiBookaholic

Post by TabiBookaholic »

I don't really remember my first because it was when I was still small enough to be in a crib. My Mother and my sisters all say that I would talk to a woman. They could hear her singing and talking to me. My Mother has seen her once but only as she quickly left the room. They said they knew when she'd leave because I would start yelling, "Hey, HEY, HEY GRANDMA!"

The first that I fully remember I was around seven years old. We lived about 15 miles outside of a small rural town with only a few neighbors. Now I had a nightly issue with seeing dark figures in our hallway, ones that my sisters also still talk about seeing. But we didn't interact with them. Not only did they look dark, they felt dark. I always thought they would eventually just kill us all. My sisters and I have since theorized that there was some sort of portal at the end of our hallway. My first meaningful interaction that I remember though was actually with a family member that passed before I knew her.

I was playing outside, it had started to get dark but our Mother was on a bender and thus I didn't have any rules lol. My sisters couldn't care less if I stayed up late during her benders. So as it slowly got dark my focus shifted off of our dogs and onto a lady who was walking slowly down our road.

She looked like she was in her 30's, in great physical shape, and she had very dark coloring, like most of my family who held higher amounts of Native American blood.

She walked past our drive and as she neared a small gate across from our front door she realized I was watching her. All at once her face filled with a joy I cannot even describe. She rushed up to me, going through the fence, which for some reason only slightly shocked me. She talked as she danced around me and told me she wanted me to tell my grandma that she (the spirit) was okay now. She was whole and would never be in pain again.

My grandma honestly believed in spirits and people's gifts to see them, but it also terrified her. She and my grandpa lived about a quarter of a mile away.

So I told the spirit I would visit them tomorrow and tell my grandma that she came. Before I could even ask her name she circled behind me and was gone.

The next day I woke up super early and ran straight to my grandparent's house. We would often go there super early before school to get breakfast and just catch the school bus from there, so Grandma wasn't surprised to see me.

I told her about the woman and what she looked like, what she had done while she was with me. All the dancing and skipping around me. Grandma kept a stone face and basically just said, "Ok."

Several years later my Grandmother had passed, as well as my best friend and my stepfather. We went through a lot. For a time my sisters and I had to stay with my Father in another state and after being returned to my Mother when she had gotten clean I finally talked to her about the woman. I also showed her a picture of the woman I drew not long after it had happened.

The woman I had seen was apparently not only my great-great-Aunt, but she was also my birthday twin. Everyone called her Auntie Opal and she kept one of my newborn baby photos in her living room where she would brag to people about her favorite birthday gift who was going to become a great medicine woman. She passed when I was still a toddler which left my Mother thinking maybe she was the woman from my infancy but that woman was being seen before Opal's passing. Also, Opal was surprised I could see her. Opal passed after basically ignoring her diabetes diagnosis. Slowly all her limbs were taken by several surgeries before a long drawn out hospital stay and losing a battle with gangrene. So she wanted to be sure we knew she could dance again, her legs were back and so was her joy.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”