your first ghostly experiance

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
smogie_michele

your first ghostly experiance

Post by smogie_michele »

Many people have had some sort of paranormal encounter at some point in their life... and besides the bejesus being scared out of them, the stories are usually kind of cool. So I thought it would be fun to share each others stories.

I'll go first. When I was very little my mother said that I would always talk about my grandpa steve, a man who comes into my room at night and reads and sings to me until I go to sleep. She said one day I pointed to a picture in her old photo album and identified the man who visits me... it was her father, Steve, who passed away when she was a child.
Because I have no memory of this, the first encounter that I remember was when I was about 16. We had just moved my bedroom to the basement and I had some major uneasy feelings down there. One day while sitting on my bed with my mother I was explaining my worries to her. As soon as she dismissed the idea that there could be a spirit living with us, my tv turned on and my closet door slammed shut. Scared the hell out of the both of us.
Over time I learned to coexist with the spirit, I even said goodbye and let=ft it gifts when I moved.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Sakura Blossom

Re: your first ghostly experiance

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I've had far too many to count, but one of the ones that really stands out to me was that I as over at a friend's house and we were sitting in her room. Out of NOWHERE, her alarm clock that was on top of her bookshelf, hidden behind piles of stuff, came flying off and landed at our feet. We took off and out of there REALLY fast! Haha.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

I've had some experience though most of it is people I know or people who heard through the friend grapevine about me being able to help cleans and do some exorcism. The only time a spirit has come to ME was when my father's mother passed away. In the middle of the night she passed, I woke up from another nightmare. But because it was so dark, I simply heard her soothing me and gently stroking my hair while I cried until I fell asleep. the next morning I wake up and find my dad crying in his room; he got the word his mother had died (please note most of my family lives in another country then me).

She still visits sometimes and when she does the smell of cigarette smoke linger in the room (she was a smoker). It usually happens around Samhein actually which was around the time she both died and had visited the only time one year prior to her passing.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

smogie_michele wrote:As soon as she dismissed the idea that there could be a spirit living with us, my tv turned on and my closet door slammed shut. Scared the hell out of the both of us...Over time I learned to coexist with the spirit, I even said goodbye and left it gifts when I moved.
Ha, seems the spirit was saying, "I beg your pardon," and got rather indignant about the slight. lol

Smart move on your part, I think, to leave there on a good note. :wink:

ness

Post by ness »

I haven't had any ghostly experiences. I am not sensitive to that kind of experiences. But I had something happen that might fall under "supernatural" category.

I went home to visit my family and I usually sleep in the room that is adjacent to the dining area. My sister, my bil and I were watching a movie and talking and I got sleepy. I told them good night and I went to my room. While I shut the door, I stood there and wondered if I should lock the door or should just simply close it and not lock it. It's the latch lock. I decided to lock the door because my bil was working in the dining room and didnt want the door to open.
I woke up around 2 am to use the bathroom and when I was going back to bed, I noticed that the latch was undone and the door was not locked. To this date, I have no idea how the latch was undone. I can't explain it. It's a sturdy latch and it doesn't get undone on its own. I was just laying there in the dark wondering...

When I told my sister and bil in the morning, my sister said it gave her the chills but others just dismissed and said I didnt lock the door at all in the first place. I remember very well that I did. Any how, that house sometimes felt pretty uncomfortable.
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

@Ness: What's a "bil"??
Soni

Post by Soni »

I don't know what it was, it might have been in my head but it certainly felt real. I don't think I ever experienced anything like that before (certainly not that scary) but I'm afraid of ghosts, REALLY afraid to even think about them being near so it might make it less likely for me to experience things like that.

I was sleeping and I woke up in the middle of the night, it seemed for no reason though it rarely happens. At that time I believed that I was awake but when I told my friends about it they convinced me that I was probably half asleep... I cannot tell. I was lying on my side under the covers and suddenly I felt a presence behind my back. Because I hate to think about those things I hid my head under the duvet to feel safer. Then I felt, physically felt the duvet getting closer in the front and in the back but not from the top. Kind of as if I was being hugged... I was aware that it felt like a hug and it wasn't forceful, even at the beginning I wanted to believe it was my mum (she never hugs me, but is gentle). I was probably shaking, really frightened almost having a heart attack and I tried to scream and call for my mum but I couldn't. I literary couldn't release any sound or move too much, and it makes me think it could have actually happened because people often are able to talk while sleeping and me not being able to scream made me more scared. I felt really desperate at that time, and it lingered for a few seconds (I guess) and then disappeared. I felt trapped and at the same time I felt the "hug" was gentle enough, it really wasn't forceful, didn't press on me too much... but I definitely felt it.
ness

Post by ness »

Nightwatcher wrote:@Ness: What's a "bil"??
Brother in law :)
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

ness wrote:
Nightwatcher wrote:@Ness: What's a "bil"??
Brother in law :)
OH, okay. Thanks!
nightflighter

Post by nightflighter »

I had a feminine Spirit say, out loud, "I am here". That was almost six years ago, and I've never been happier.

LOOOOONG story. I put it into a "diary" format of sorts on another site; I don't know if anyone would want to read the "details" here.
"Dancing Barefoot in the Ashes"
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

nightflighter wrote:I had a feminine Spirit say, out loud, "I am here". That was almost six years ago, and I've never been happier.

LOOOOONG story. I put it into a "diary" format of sorts on another site; I don't know if anyone would want to read the "details" here.
*raises hand* Details please.
azriel

Post by azriel »

I still do not know if this was a Paranormal experience or if I was simply hallucinating from fever but, when I was around 2-3 years old I would always go to bed with 2 sippy cups of fruit punch. Unfortunately, I would simply drink them while I was laying down and the pressure would bother my ears. I never said anything to my parents. I began to not feel well, but my natural body temperature is lower then the ~98.5 F so the doctor thought I was fine. Then one night, a light appeared in my bedroom and I swear I saw Peter Pan. He told me I needed to stop drinking fruit punch in bed, and I had sweat so much I had to change the sheets. I did just that, and when I went back to bed, it was cool and dry, and I was able to sleep through the rest of the night and my "fever" eventually went away.

I do not know if this counts but it is the first experience that I can remember that could not be explained.

Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
Sundancer

Post by Sundancer »

azriel wrote: I began to not feel well, but my natural body temperature is lower then the ~98.5 F so the doctor thought I was fine.
I have a low body temperature too and this happened to me alll the time when I was younger! My mom knew my temperature was low but the nurses always thought I was faking it. :roll:
azriel

Post by azriel »

Sundancer wrote:
azriel wrote: I began to not feel well, but my natural body temperature is lower then the ~98.5 F so the doctor thought I was fine.
I have a low body temperature too and this happened to me alll the time when I was younger! My mom knew my temperature was low but the nurses always thought I was faking it. :roll:
It is nice to know that I am not the only one! :)

Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

I had the opposite problem as a baby; I would always have dangerously high fevers that scared my parents to death!

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”