Encounter with Strange Dog-like Spirit

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Jen

Encounter with Strange Dog-like Spirit

Post by Jen »

Years ago when I lived with family members. I went to go inthe house and I heard a loud growl. I turned and looked at the tree and there was a dog looking black thing with red eyes growling at me. I felt like I was a goner. I turned to the door got in the door and shut it behind me. Ran upstairs looked out the window and there was nothing there.

The strangest thing was we had dogs they were all huddled upstairs hiding. They ususually ran to the door to meet you. I was not sure if anyone has ever heard of something like this happening and what it means. I took it as a warning and left that house not long after.
Last edited by Xiao Rong on Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to make title of thread more descriptive
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Encounter with Strange Dog-like Spirit

Post by Seraphin »

I cannot tell precisely what type of creature you saw at the tree. You can look some pictures online of mythical and magickal creature to have an idea of what exactly you saw.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Jen wrote:I turned and looked at the tree and there was a dog looking black thing with red eyes growling at me.
Sounds like a HellHound. They are supposed to be omens.
Edit: In Greek mythology the hellhound belonged to Hades, the Greek god of death and the underworld, its name in Greek mythology is Cerberus, it has three heads but is still black with razor sharp teeth and super strength, it is used to guard the gates of hell
Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

I don't know much about Hellhound. The only exposure I have to these beings is the one described in Hellboy and Percy Jackson (though I'm not sure if Cerberus is considered as Hellhound), and I'm not certain if that is a real or distorted view of what a Hellhound is like. :D
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Jen

Post by Jen »

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--lkJWlgmDgA/U ... 640_12.jpg this is the closest I could find. I felt like it was a warning to me. Just thought you all may have a bit more insight than I do. Thanks for your responses.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Seraphin wrote:I don't know much about Hellhound. The only exposure I have to these beings is the one described in Hellboy and Percy Jackson (though I'm not sure if Cerberus is considered as Hellhound), and I'm not certain if that is a distorted view of what a Hellhound is like.
That's as far as my knowledge extends, I'm afraid. I've never seen one myself so I can only go by what I've read. I pulled this from my Encyclopedia of Superstitions. A very interesting book I bought on a whim.

Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

This isn't my area of expertise, but I thought I'd add my two cents by adding a couple links.
Mythological dogs
Black dog ghost
Mashiigwe

Post by Mashiigwe »

I'm kind of stuck by what I should say but I think it would be ok cause it doesn't have to do with things that haven't been said before. One creepy feeling night. This place is usually in a "good mood" but sometimes it isn't and that's the time to stay inside. When I was leaving my fire circle and on my way to the house, the shrubs in this one spot started rustling without a sound and this huge black dog looking creature about the size of a black bear, with red eyes charged at me, and I made it to my porch really fast. The second time, I was riding my Rokon (a two wheel drive minibike looking thing with ATV tires, that is a work vehicle) on the trail, and when I passed the pond, another one of the creatures came from the pond deck, and ran along side me for a while before making a hard right and vanishing into the swamp. It was explained to me by People I know, that in the past, these were seen by The People, and were taken as guardian spirits. As for why when I saw the first in my early days here, he charged, and the second one I saw much later, not so long ago ran with me. I'd like to think they learned to trust me, but that may be my ego speaking. I don't know. Some other ones may be Hellhounds, but these do seem more like guardian spirits. It seems reasonable that even good spirits can chase after us from time to time.
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

I've had an encounter with a black dog spirit before. Scared the daylights out of me. I was driving down the road one night and saw it trotting along the white line. Nearly caused me to wreck. I'm not sure why I saw it or even why you may have seen it, but from what you've described, it sounds to me that it may have been a warning or omen as TwilightDancer mentioned.

Did anything significant happen after you saw that dog?
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Hazel Moon

Post by Hazel Moon »

After poking around the forum I found this thread. And although it's a bit old, I felt like adding my own experience.

This encounter took place around eleven years ago. The area in which I live was experiencing the most severe thunderstorm I've ever seen. The local newscasters interrupted the television show I was watching, reporting a storm with over one hundred lightning strikes per minute.

I went outside to watch the storm, because I'm one of those people who likes to sit on their porch and watch lightning. The lightning was constant, with barely a second between flashes, the winds driving the storm clouds that were racing by overhead. Most of the time, lightning happens a couple minutes or seconds apart, with thunder rolling in evey now and then. But this was like nothing I'd ever seen before.

That's when I noticed something to my left. I was standing on the porch when I saw what appeared to be a large black dog, hunched over and running up my driveway. It appeared out of nowhere, running in an odd zigzag pattern, sort of leaping left to right as it ran with its head down.

I quickly returned to the front door, because I thought this was a stray or maybe a neighbor's dog that had panicked from the noise of the storm and escaped. Who knows? It could have run up the steps and onto the porch, and I didn't want to be outside when some big dog came barrelling through.

My hand was on the screen door when I looked back and saw the dog vanish right before my very eyes. It was gone for only a matter of seconds before reappearing further up the driveway. This dog kept disappearing and reappearing, never breaking stride, running as fast as it could up my driveway.

I was curious and wanted to see where it would go, so I ran inside and into my bedroom because the window in my bedroom lets me see out into the driveway. That's when I saw the dog run headfirst at the retaining wall at the end of my driveway and disappear into it.

It was like watching the children in Harry Potter running at the wall at platform nine and three quarters. It vanished into this solid, three foot high retaining wall. Above the wall is a fence, to the left a gate leading into my backyard, and to the right my neighbor's fence. It was a dead end. There was nowhere for this dog to go. But that didn't appear to be a problem since this creature can vanish into walls.
We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
Love knows no limits, not even death.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

It could be a manifestation of the evil eye, it tends to cause hauntings and the like such as those. But it could also be a hellhound. Either way, it's a hostile spirit that has it out for you. Probably need an exorcism/cleansing.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”