I think I'm being warned?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Hunter

Re: I think I'm being warned?

Post by Hunter »

Lol yeah my little brother talks all about him so I decided to look it up forever ago, and some of the stuff I found was interesting, on my phone or I'd find it, op's situation or figure just sounded the same, figured I'd mention it cause some people believe in a spirit like that... not the game slebderman but more along the legends aspect
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Hmm, I'm open to any suggestion, so I'll see what I find out. Thanks.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Sorry I rly hope I didnt come off.. trollish and I am hoping you figure somthing out! Also if anything youll have an interesting read, I especially found the german origins of this being interesting
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

hey heartsong ik this is old but umm have you tryed planting sometihng like strawberries out by the trees,

i do believe i agree with the assessment that it might be a wendigo being native american i can see where the aspects fit expecialy with siv's justice card
and if thats the case they need a offering and usually one that is comes back and show life, offer up a strawberry plant or garden and state that this plant is for it and that you offer peace (wendigo's love strawberries)
also i would like to point out that the wendigo itself would not harm you unless it sees you as a threat to what it protects and that would be the land around you, maybe you should also think about adding some plants around your house to show you care about the land
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

and i should also advice that you do place wards on both the inside and the outside of your house for protection, this just for a precaution never can be to safe
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Hunter wrote:Sorry I rly hope I didnt come off.. trollish and I am hoping you figure somthing out! Also if anything youll have an interesting read, I especially found the German origins of this being interesting
You didn't, I was just really taken off guard by it! My husband has been jokingly referring to it as slenderman!
BabyBear wrote:hey heartsong ik this is old but umm have you tried planting something like strawberries out by the trees,

i do believe i agree with the assessment that it might be a wendigo being Native American i can see where the aspects fit especially with siv's justice card and if that's the case they need a offering and usually one that is comes back and show life, offer up a strawberry plant or garden and state that this plant is for it and that you offer peace (wendigo's love strawberries)
also i would like to point out that the wendigo itself would not harm you unless it sees you as a threat to what it protects and that would be the land around you, maybe you should also think about adding some plants around your house to show you care about the land
That makes a lot of sense, babybear, thank you. I believe that I can follow DPhoenix's suggestion and incorporate planting strawberries around the tree as well. That was actually my line of thinking, planting something as an offering. With my current health issues, I haven't had a chance to cleanse inside my home and ward it again. Hopefully before too long I can accomplish that.

Thank you everyone, for your suggestions and help! :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

no problem just glad to help :)
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

BabyBear wrote:I do believe i agree with the assessment that it might be a wendigo being native american i can see where the aspects fit expecialy with siv's justice card
and if thats the case they need a offering and usually one that is comes back and show life, offer up a strawberry plant or garden and state that this plant is for it and that you offer peace (wendigo's love strawberries)
I don't remember a whole lot about the Wendigo, been a while since I read & thought about them but the strawberries are good info! From what I remember of them they were once human cannibals who through the vile act of consuming human flesh became a cursed spirit of consumption. I'm sure there's probably a specific herb certain tribes use to protect against it, the reason I recommended wolfsbane is due to the protective properties against creatures like this and the Wendigo has some VERY werewolf like qualities.

So I decided to freshen up on the Wendigo and one of the traits is a smell of death & decay and is so thin/emaciated that you cannot see it from the side only headon. It seeks human flesh and depending on which tribal legend it could be regular human size to 15ft tall. Some legends say they're flesh & blood and literally eat people, others say it's an evil spirit that can possess people & consume their life energy. They generally live in Canada, the Great Lakes & Northern States of the US. The belief is that they have a heart of ice and prefer the cold.

From what I read you're spot on Babybear about showing it generosity & offering it strawberries which goes against it's nature of greed & consumption.

In some Native American Traditions the following are some ways to protect yourself:

Wendigo has few weakness, as far as weapons are concerned it can only be killed by iron, steel and/or silver. The most gruesome method of disposal is by shattering the creature’s ice heart with a silver stake and then dismembering the body with a silver axe.
Also, if a person from the tribe is believed to have been 'infected' by the spirit of the 'wendigo' - then the thought and belief is that the individual must die. It's meant for protection amongst the rest of tribe members?
So in that case the shaman of the tribe would take it upon themselves to kill the 'evil spirit that devours man' a.k.a. 'wendigo' (Jack Fiddler of the Sucker people is a good example of one)
- its also believed that the use of Anasazi (or hopi) symbols for protection is really good. The wendigo can’t cross over them.

So Heartsong... unless you've been smelling death, decay & can only see it head on then it's probably something else. If you still feel it's a Wendigo you might want to get or draw some hopi symbols in addition to the other recommendatios. Because of their voracious appetite it should get impatient and move on to someone else.

Honestly though, refreshing my memory on the Wendigo is making me think my impression might be wrong since you didn't mention some of the other notable features it has.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Thank you for the information, DPhoenix! I'd been doing my own research into the Wendigo and what I found is very similar to what you've given me.

To be honest, I'm not sure enough of anything to give it a name, other than "creature". I always see it head on, it faces me while it stands beneath the tree. Just the other night, I felt it come right up behind me and follow me to my car (that's always unsettling, no matter what does it!). I don't smell anything around it, although it is very, very tall, in the 8-feet range. I also don't get a sense of hunger from it, mostly just "my land", "my territory", kind of thing. It does come up to the windows and look in, especially the windows closest to that specific tree, but I don't feel like it's trying to get in, just watching and trying to scare me.

I live in the southern part of the U.S., so perhaps Wendigos aren't very prevalent in this area. However, the Cherokee nation lived in this part of the country for a very long time (I'm part Cherokee myself), and I've begun to wonder if what I'm encountering isn't a Raven Mocker. It also fits the bill pretty well.

I really don't think it could hurt to use Native American symbols as part of my protection wards and on the tree as well, whatever the case. Better to be safe than sorry.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

DPhoenix wrote: From what I read you're spot on Babybear about showing it generosity & offering it strawberries which goes against it's nature of greed & consumption.
Thanks lol, good to know i remember what ive been taught all those pow pow campfires ago lol.
Btw, the strawberries are a strictly American take on the wendigo i do believe, something to do with them being rare to have berries and something about they would be gathered and used to make foods on special occasions or something i cant quite remember, anyway the idea was that strawberries represented life and happiness all thing that the wendigo seek.
DPhoenix wrote: Wendigo has few weakness, as far as weapons are concerned it can only be killed by iron, steel and/or silver. The most gruesome method of disposal is by shattering the creature’s ice heart with a silver stake and then dismembering the body with a silver axe.
Also, if a person from the tribe is believed to have been 'infected' by the spirit of the 'wendigo' - then the thought and belief is that the individual must die. It's meant for protection amongst the rest of tribe members?
So in that case the shaman of the tribe would take it upon themselves to kill the 'evil spirit that devours man' a.k.a. 'wendigo' (Jack Fiddler of the Sucker people is a good example of one)
- its also believed that the use of Anasazi (or hopi) symbols for protection is really good. The wendigo can’t cross over them.

So Heartsong... unless you've been smelling death, decay & can only see it head on then it's probably something else. If you still feel it's a Wendigo you might want to get or draw some hopi symbols in addition to the other recommendatios. Because of their voracious appetite it should get impatient and move on to someone else.

Honestly though, refreshing my memory on the Wendigo is making me think my impression might be wrong since you didn't mention some of the other notable features it has.
From what little i remember about them you are somewhat right on that they are killed by silver, iron, or steel, but if hers is a minor one like she claims, meaning she feels uncomfortable yet not truly threatened, and that you can see him and its a man not huge or very detailed, then it feels to me like you have one who awoken because of your powers being on the land and it is eating off of your energy (the myth of it eating people was actually due to the amount of death a big one can create and the energy it tends to steal from others and use for itself making them drained and shadow of their old selves). However now that I think about it it would also explain how come you've had so many problems lately, why you are now felling more threatened by him, and why you can probably see him now. And because it has just awoken it would not have that smell everyone claims they have, its not worked enough mojo so to speak for it to smell. I suggest taking some iron or steel or silver and placing it either at the four corners of your property were you wish for nothing harmful or negative to enter, make sure they are blessed or you can make a standard witches bottle and bury it around your home.
like this one
http://youtu.be/uJFbSbyQZWg
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

Heartsong wrote:I've begun to wonder if what I'm encountering isn't a Raven Mocker. It also fits the bill pretty well.
This has me intruiged, I've never heard of a Raven Mocker. Time for some more research! :) Whatever it is I know you have the strength to overcome it Heartsong.

Babybear, the witch bottle is a good idea (good idea for any threatening situation really). Maybe add some iron nails or silver shavings to it.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I'm not going to be any help as to what it is, but I saw this last night and I just had a horrible, horribly negative feeling spread through me and I still do looking at the page, that I honestly just want to go to another topic and not look at it anymore. I do hope you are able to figure out what it is and soon!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”