I think I'm being warned?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Kassandra

Re: I think I'm being warned?

Post by Kassandra »

Heartsong wrote:It's something to look into though, I'll put a bug in a couple other friends' ears and see if they can find someone. If that person happens to be a witch, the better, I agree.
Whoever you get, try not to tell them too many details about what's going on. That way they could get a clear "read" using only their senses, and not be influenced by your words. Just a thought.

Too bad you couldn't get Amy--she'd have this mystery solved in 5 minutes! :wink:

Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Good thought, as always. :)
Too bad you couldn't get Amy--she'd have this mystery solved in 5 minutes! :wink:
I know! And with epic facial expressions too! :P
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Heartsong wrote:And with epic facial expressions too! :P
Lol
silvio_aeson

Post by silvio_aeson »

Hello,

Have you consulted your tarot cards about this situation? I'm interested to see what cards come up. If not, perhaps that would be something to try? It could provide insight into the energies and/or motivations behind this spirit.

Best,
♥ Siv
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

No, I haven't asked them about it, but that's a very good suggestion. Thank you, Siv, I'll be sure to post the results of the reading here in this thread. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
silvio_aeson

Post by silvio_aeson »

I am working very hard with the tarot right now and am still a bit unsure of my skill, but I was inquiring about the nature of the spirit and I pulled the "Ten of Swords." I interpreted that as being stabbed in the back, something along those lines. A sudden death; a finite conclusion. (Foggy at best, really. Perhaps that card means something more to you?)

However, most interestingly, when I was shuffling, "Justice" came flying out of the deck and landed perfectly in front of me, as if I had placed it. That coupled with the fact that it's a card of the major arcana suggest it is very pertinent information. Perhaps this spirit is, literally, seeking justice for a wrongdoing? Although what that wrongdoing could be remains unclear.

However, I'm not as close to the situation as you are... I look forward to seeing what the cards reveal to you.
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

I am working very hard with the tarot right now and am still a bit unsure of my skill, but I was inquiring about the nature of the spirit and I pulled the "Ten of Swords." I interpreted that as being stabbed in the back, something along those lines. A sudden death; a finite conclusion. (Foggy at best, really. Perhaps that card means something more to you?)
Yes, it does mean something to me, and I think I'm getting a picture of what's going on, but I'll get to that in a minute. The sudden death and being stabbed in the back is especially relevant, I think.
However, most interestingly, when I was shuffling, "Justice" came flying out of the deck and landed perfectly in front of me, as if I had placed it. That coupled with the fact that it's a card of the major arcana suggest it is very pertinent information. Perhaps this spirit is, literally, seeking justice for a wrongdoing? Although what that wrongdoing could be remains unclear.
I also agree here, sort of. Thank you for doing a reading, Siv, I appreciate you taking the time to do so. :)

So here's what the cards had to say:

I drew three cards in a simple spread, asking about the creature. The first card was the Ace of Vessels: The Waters of Life. To me, it indicated that where once life was, it is no more. Life itself is missing and is missed. There is a desire for quiet, solitude and peace. The second card was The Sun of Life. I see this as an echo of the first card. I represent, in some way, knowledge of life and knowledge of the dead, I think, because of my ability to see beings from the other side, human and non-human. I also get the sense that it wants to feed off me, for that knowledge and for the essence of life that it lacks. The third card was the Knight of Stones: Horse. I sensed from this card that the creature is a guardian type of spirit, watching over both the dead and the land. It was formed from a living thing, but did not experience life itself.

From my impressions gathered through the interactions I've had with it and what the cards are indicating, I really feel that this creature is made of highly negative energy, which makes it fierce and territorial. I'm not sure how old it is, but I think that the negative emotions that are associated with my house, and the negative experiences within it, are caused by this thing in order to sustain itself and to be able to keep doing it's function. That makes me wonder if it is some kind of permanent fetch that was created and now has a mind of its own. Perhaps the Native Americans crafted it to protect their land or maybe a burial ground near here? Since I feel that it might be a guardian of the dead, that would make sense to me. The wrongdoing that Siv picked up might be one of two things, I think. One, it could resent that this house had even been built on what it feels to be its land. Two, it could resent that I moved into this house after it had been empty for a few years, thus bringing life into what should be a tomb, so to speak. Maybe it resents being created? I'm not really sure.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys for your helpful replies! :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
TheGirlOfSecrets

Post by TheGirlOfSecrets »

What you need to understand and ascertain is that some spirits are ghost, and some spirit do travel back and forth from other dimensions, the higher dimensional spirits usually would be nice, and may help you like a angel, and these higher dimensional spirits are harder to see all their details at times, and they know of their death, that they are dead. Some people can see ghost.

I don't know if this is any help, but I have had some encounters with ghosts before... But I'm not so certain on the topic myself, so sorry:/
I am always never not broken.
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

What you need to understand and ascertain is that some spirits are ghost, and some spirit do travel back and forth from other dimensions, the higher dimensional spirits usually would be nice, and may help you like a angel, and these higher dimensional spirits are harder to see all their details at times, and they know of their death, that they are dead. Some people can see ghost.
Yes, I'm very aware of that, I've been seeing both spirits and ghosts all my life, and I understand that they can move between worlds, for lack of a better term. However, I am doubtful that this thing was ever human, therefore likely not a ghost. Perhaps born from a human, like their emotions manifesting on the physical plane, but not a ghost, per se. It may be in contact with ghosts however, keeping them here or helping them to move on. I couldn't say.

And yes, depending on your ability and how much of the spirit is actually present in this dimension (or plane, whatever word you like), it can be difficult to figure out just what you're looking at.

Still, I'm pretty convinced that this creature doesn't move between, but rather is existing here, either because it was made to do so or through choice. That part I'm still trying to work out.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Kassandra wrote:.
From your back story above, I can't help but wonder if that's really grandma standing there, feeling all forlorn and left out. I know you guys had your run ins, but that was her home for 30 years, after all. Perhaps she misses it. I tell you, women, especially elderly women from our grandmothers' generation, are extremely territorial about their homes. You gotta' figure, women of that era didn't have outside jobs or college degrees etc. to give them self-esteem. Their entire world revolved around their families, and that's it, that's all they knew from birth to death.

I helped this lady who lived in the house where the ghost of the previous owner, an elderly woman, was still standing in front of the stove frying eggs and bacon. I could see her, and the current occupant would wake up to the smell of eggs and bacon cooking every morning, drove her nuts. lol The old lady was especially territorial about the bathroom, for some reason. I know of several similar stories involving women and their (former) homes.

Anyway, if you find out that it is her after all, maybe you could stand by the tree one morning and speak some conciliatory words to set her spirit free, something like, "Grandma, I know we had our share of negativity, but your spirit is welcomed here, as long as you do not cause harm. This was your home and you raised a fine family," etc. And maybe leave an offering of a dish of old-fashioned candy and a cup of her favorite tea near the tree, put both on a little crocheted doily, etc.
I just saw this part of your post, Kassandra, sorry I didn't respond to it sooner! It was a thought that crossed my mind, but I believe that when I removed her from the house (and I admit, it was more forcibly than I should have), I made a point to tell her to move on to where the rest of her family was waiting for her. I wanted her to have peace, if not for her sake, then for mine. This thing also just doesn't feel like her energy. It feels way older, and more powerful. It gives me the impression that if it wanted to hurt me, it could (although that may very well be just another intimidation tactic). My grandmother's energy was just bitter and angry. This feels calm, but in a creepy, cold way, if that makes sense.

All the same, I should leave something for her on my altar, and for my grandfather too. I think that'll go a long way towards mending some fences that have needed it for some time.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

Heartsong wrote:From my impressions gathered through the interactions I've had with it and what the cards are indicating, I really feel that this creature is made of highly negative energy, which makes it fierce and territorial. I'm not sure how old it is, but I think that the negative emotions that are associated with my house, and the negative experiences within it, are caused by this thing in order to sustain itself and to be able to keep doing it's function. That makes me wonder if it is some kind of permanent fetch that was created and now has a mind of its own. Perhaps the Native Americans crafted it to protect their land or maybe a burial ground near here? Since I feel that it might be a guardian of the dead, that would make sense to me. The wrongdoing that Siv picked up might be one of two things, I think. One, it could resent that this house had even been built on what it feels to be its land. Two, it could resent that I moved into this house after it had been empty for a few years, thus bringing life into what should be a tomb, so to speak. Maybe it resents being created? I'm not really sure.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys for your helpful replies! :)
My impression is that it was an entity bound and cast into the tree. I believe that you disturbed it and woke it up. The word that came to my mind was Wendigo... but I really hope I'm wrong.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

I really, really hope you're wrong too in that regard, DPhoenix, because that terrifies me. I don't even want to contemplate what having one of those entities around my home could mean. I'm going to see about reinforcing the wards around my house. If it's something that powerful, I doubt that I can remove it by myself. I wish there was someone close to me that could actually do that for me, but I don't know of anyone.

Do you have any suggestions about what I can do or how I could have woken it up? I feel like I'm in way over my head.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

Heartsong wrote:I really, really hope you're wrong too in that regard, DPhoenix, because that terrifies me. I don't even want to contemplate what having one of those entities around my home could mean. I'm going to see about reinforcing the wards around my house. If it's something that powerful, I doubt that I can remove it by myself. I wish there was someone close to me that could actually do that for me, but I don't know of anyone.

Do you have any suggestions about what I can do or how I could have woken it up? I feel like I'm in way over my head.
If it were me, I would put together make a protection talisman and then put together a spell to put it back in the tree. Once in the tree I would put a grid of tigers eye around it to keep it there. Probably bury them so they're not disturbed.

You may have inadvertently disturbed something that was holding it inside the tree.

A quick and easy talisman would be to take a locket, put wolfsbane inside it then consecrate it. You should also keep a tigers eye in your pocket. It's been used for millennium as a protective shaman's stone. Talk to your spirit guide, it should give you insight on what exactly it is and what to do. Maybe try some lucid dreaming. If it invades your dreams remember that YOU are in control, not the entity. Call on your higher power if you feel Intimidated. You are not given more than you can handle and this may be a test of your faith or resilience in the face of fear. If you work with the Morrigan, it would probably be a good time to call on her for courage & strength.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

So idk if anyone touched this or not but... research something called slenderman
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

The figure in the game "Slenderman"?
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”