What's your most memorable encounter

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
drago25

What's your most memorable encounter

Post by drago25 »

So I'm just wondering whats your most memorable encounter with a spirit or ghost ?

For mine i had 2 different ones also being my first 2 encounters. My first encounter was me being woken up by what seemed like a child jumping onto my bed even though i don't have children.. i tried going back to sleep a couple more times and the same thing happened.

my second one was a lot more disturbing for me I woke up on my chest feeling like I'm being held down by an unseen force after a couple minutes of tring to move i touched the crystal i use for protection and it felt like what ever was holding my down got knocked away from me. at this time to i was really tired so i didn't think to much of it and went back to bed then i was woken up a bit later with the same thing happening but this time it felt like i had human nails digging into my shoulder. this time to it felt like something was tring to enter my body. after a couple of minutes i was able to get my crystal again and this time kept in my hand when the spots where it felt like nails were in my shoulder started to burn, i went to a mirror to look at my shoulder and there were nail marks in my shoulder where i can't reach.

after that i got a talisman to protect me from evil spirits and i haven't had that happen to me again.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What's your most memorable encounter

Post by Firebird »

I think mine would have to be the time I tried to get into a room that no one was in. I turned the door knob and pushed and pushed on the door but it only gave just a little ...like some one on the other side was leaning against the door with all their weight. I finally stood back and went at it with all my weight and the door flew open like it was no trouble at all, and against the far wall a foggy or smoky type cloud just vanished through the wall. This wasn't my house, I was at a friends, he said later it had happened many times before, I had to sleep in that room that night and as I remember I didn't do much sleeping! He should have told me that the next day :twisted: maybe I wouldn't have been so freaked out halfsm
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I had the night that the cat ran across my pillow at the motel in Coffeyville. Then I had the night that something tried to pull me out of bed.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

This is my most memorable spirit encounter, though I've had others that were nearly as memorable, just not quite as terrifying.

Around age seven a ghost began visiting me at night. This is one encounter I recall...

I woke up in the middle of the night in my top bunk with my sister sleeping down below. I looked at the bedroom door and saw a spirit standing there, looking at me. She started walking towards me, arms outstretched. She wanted to get me. I turned and screamed, pulling the covers up over my head to try to hide. But I could still see her approaching the bed in my mind's eye. She was next to me now and she reached out to touch me. She grabbed hold of me, and it felt like she was violently shaking me, my bed, and my soul. My sister never felt anything from her bottom bunk. My mother heard me shrieking in terror and she ran in and saved me. I never told her what I saw. I just asked her to cover me up or to get me a glass of water.
kay 32

Post by kay 32 »

Hello
Well reading a few of the stories on here. Permit me to recall mine. First of all this is not my first encounter with spirit people. Some have actually been calming and rewarding, but then the circumstances were different.

So I happen to live in a nice old fashioned stone built house. I live on an island and it's what's known locally as a house of character. Thick stone walls curved stone archways and stuff like that. We have lived in that house for I think about 23 years now. Not long after we bought the house, we all four of us (My wife myself and our two daughters) had the impression that one of the rooms at the front of the house had something in there. Nothing you could actually see or put your finger on. Just that kind of feeling. Any ways, over the years that room became an office. study, library and so on. A bit of an everything room. Quite a lot of years ago we also discovered a very old ornate four poster bed complete with all the brass fittings. I put it together and restored it. It is such beautiful old bed. Not having any place to use it, we decided that it would go in the front room, to where it still is to this day. We live on a hot little island and siesta's in summer time are the normal. That old bed is just perfect for that purpose.

So back to the room. So we have a big old desk in there with an old tower computer which we seem to have had forever. Many times I've been sitting working on that computer and had the feeling that someone is standing behind me watching what I'm doing. Several times I've turned to speak to my wife only to find that there's no one there. It's spooky but I can live with it. Sometimes one of our daughters in particular will have been in there and for some reason she says that the just needs to get out because something is in there with her. We had a party at home one night and some one took a picture of my wife and daughter cutting a cake and clear as day there is a beautiful big colourful orb on the picture right across the centre of my wife's back. Which I think is perhaps our friend.

So a couple of years ago one night on the 22nd of October I was in that room on my lap top computer. My wife and girls had gone up to bed early, but I stayed up some more. I prefer nights. I was there on my computer for a while and when I finished for the night, I decided just to sleep down there in the old four poster, so I wouldn't disturb my wife. I got into bed and went to sleep. It's really comfortable and soon I was fast asleep. During my sleep I became aware of a face very close to mine almost touching me and then I felt the softest kiss on my cheek and someone whisper in my ear "Happy Birthday" I was born on the 23rd of October and I know that my time of birth was at 10 minutes to 3 in the morning.

At first I thought it was my wife had come down and decided to come and sleep there too. But I turned on the light and found no one there. I decided to go to the bathroom and when I got back into bed. I looked at the time and my blood literally went cold. It was 5 minutes to 3 am. So what or who ever it was that visited me that night I believe had come and kissed me and wished me Happy Birthday at exactly my time and date of birth. Yes ....... I fled the room and dashed straight upstairs regardless if I disturbed my wife or not . Big hero that I am I was scared that night. Usually things like that don't really bother me.

To this day we often get just a fleeting glance of a whisper of a shadow pass the doors or just something that lets you know she's there. I know for some reason that she's a she and we don't mind her being there. She's not harmful and these days I often just say hello or something like that. It's nice to have a ghost in a witches house :-)

Thank you for reading my account
Blessed be
K :-)
drago25

Post by drago25 »

Starwitch wrote:This is my most memorable spirit encounter, though I've had others that were nearly as memorable, just not quite as terrifying.

Around age seven a ghost began visiting me at night. This is one encounter I recall...

I woke up in the middle of the night in my top bunk with my sister sleeping down below. I looked at the bedroom door and saw a spirit standing there, looking at me. She started walking towards me, arms outstretched. She wanted to get me. I turned and screamed, pulling the covers up over my head to try to hide. But I could still see her approaching the bed in my mind's eye. She was next to me now and she reached out to touch me. She grabbed hold of me, and it felt like she was violently shaking me, my bed, and my soul. My sister never felt anything from her bottom bunk. My mother heard me shrieking in terror and she ran in and saved me. I never told her what I saw. I just asked her to cover me up or to get me a glass of water.
wow honestly id probley have problems sleeping if that would happen to me
drago25

Post by drago25 »

kay 32 wrote:Hello
Well reading a few of the stories on here. Permit me to recall mine. First of all this is not my first encounter with spirit people. Some have actually been calming and rewarding, but then the circumstances were different.

So I happen to live in a nice old fashioned stone built house. I live on an island and it's what's known locally as a house of character. Thick stone walls curved stone archways and stuff like that. We have lived in that house for I think about 23 years now. Not long after we bought the house, we all four of us (My wife myself and our two daughters) had the impression that one of the rooms at the front of the house had something in there. Nothing you could actually see or put your finger on. Just that kind of feeling. Any ways, over the years that room became an office. study, library and so on. A bit of an everything room. Quite a lot of years ago we also discovered a very old ornate four poster bed complete with all the brass fittings. I put it together and restored it. It is such beautiful old bed. Not having any place to use it, we decided that it would go in the front room, to where it still is to this day. We live on a hot little island and siesta's in summer time are the normal. That old bed is just perfect for that purpose.

So back to the room. So we have a big old desk in there with an old tower computer which we seem to have had forever. Many times I've been sitting working on that computer and had the feeling that someone is standing behind me watching what I'm doing. Several times I've turned to speak to my wife only to find that there's no one there. It's spooky but I can live with it. Sometimes one of our daughters in particular will have been in there and for some reason she says that the just needs to get out because something is in there with her. We had a party at home one night and some one took a picture of my wife and daughter cutting a cake and clear as day there is a beautiful big colourful orb on the picture right across the centre of my wife's back. Which I think is perhaps our friend.

So a couple of years ago one night on the 22nd of October I was in that room on my lap top computer. My wife and girls had gone up to bed early, but I stayed up some more. I prefer nights. I was there on my computer for a while and when I finished for the night, I decided just to sleep down there in the old four poster, so I wouldn't disturb my wife. I got into bed and went to sleep. It's really comfortable and soon I was fast asleep. During my sleep I became aware of a face very close to mine almost touching me and then I felt the softest kiss on my cheek and someone whisper in my ear "Happy Birthday" I was born on the 23rd of October and I know that my time of birth was at 10 minutes to 3 in the morning.

At first I thought it was my wife had come down and decided to come and sleep there too. But I turned on the light and found no one there. I decided to go to the bathroom and when I got back into bed. I looked at the time and my blood literally went cold. It was 5 minutes to 3 am. So what or who ever it was that visited me that night I believe had come and kissed me and wished me Happy Birthday at exactly my time and date of birth. Yes ....... I fled the room and dashed straight upstairs regardless if I disturbed my wife or not . Big hero that I am I was scared that night. Usually things like that don't really bother me.

To this day we often get just a fleeting glance of a whisper of a shadow pass the doors or just something that lets you know she's there. I know for some reason that she's a she and we don't mind her being there. She's not harmful and these days I often just say hello or something like that. It's nice to have a ghost in a witches house :-)

Thank you for reading my account
Blessed be
K :-)
thats cool, wish i had one like that where i am now
Klia

Post by Klia »

Wow these are all really cool stories!

I have 2 experiences but neither are scary, evil, or hollywood-horror-movie topics.

When I was young I went down to the basement before school to get the clothes I was wearing that day. I was home alone, but right when I was running back up the stairs to get ready, I saw a very dark figure in the corner of the room the stairs were in. He was perfectly outlined like a cut out, but looked dark like a shadow. Many moons later my brother said he saw the same thing around the same time I did. We believe it was a civil war soldier (since we lived near many battlefields). Some people say dark ghosts are evil ghosts, but I didn't feel any evil around him. All he did was stand there. Of course I grew cold but only because I had no idea what I was seeing!

My second and last experience was when I was in my apartment outside of my college campus. For the whole semester, I felt someone else was living in the apartment (besides me and 2 other girls). Rumor was the college was haunted, but I did not know this till after the fact. My desk faced the window so my back was always towards my bedroom door. I would always hear someone running up to me, and when I turned around, no one was there. It happened even when I was home alone. The ghost would even poke me in my back.

These aren't jaw dropping stories. I wish the ghosts that came into my life communicated with me more.
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

For me, it's the ones that leave physical evidence. the first time I stayed overnight at my friend Ks house, I had a cot in her room next to her bed. she never told me about the ghost. I woke during the night and saw a young man by her bookshelf, removing the books. I assumed it was her brother. When we got up in the morning, the books were stacked on top of the shelf, and K groaned. I told her what I had seen during the night. she looked mad.

She took me up to their attic and opened a footlocker, without saying anything, just looking angry. Inside the trunk were a few books and what is called a cabinet photograph that was a sepia tone, old fashioned picture of the man I saw moving the books. K told me that she had removed about a dozen books from the trunk and put them on the shelf in her room to read. Every morning when she woke, they would be stacked on top of the shelf. I think I said something like "well doh, they're Jacks books." We stared at each other...where the heck did that come from?! I helped her return the books to the trunk. As long as she asked permission, she could then read them one at a time.
Hazel Moon

Post by Hazel Moon »

For me my most memorable encounter came shortly after my cat Pookie had passed away.

Pookie was my first cat and I loved him very much. He passed when I was in my twenties, around the time I first started practicing magick and learning about Wicca.

I wanted to perform a ritual to see if I could contact him. According to the instructions, I needed to gather items he used while he was alive, such as toys, his food and water bowls, that sort of thing. I picked up his toys and bowls and was carrying them to the spare bedroom where I perform my rituals when I heard a loud meow coming from the hope chest in the family room.

Here's the thing - his ashes are stored in a little white container inside the hope chest. I only had to walk past with an armload of his belongings and I heard him meowing from inside the hope chest.
We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
Love knows no limits, not even death.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”