Anyone else a medium? Post your most memorable session.

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
HippieWitch

Anyone else a medium? Post your most memorable session.

Post by HippieWitch »

I'm a medium and have spent years of my life figuring out how to use and control my gift. It caused me a lot of stress and heartache, but it was worth it now.

My most memorable session was a couple months ago when I spoke with my wife's father who died in 1982. I summoned him, for lack of a better word, and had an amazing experience. My wife and I were going through some tough times, and I asked him for something that could help my wife deal with things. I could feel him next to me, and was given a vision of how he died. I "experienced" his last moments before he died through his eyes. I saw what he saw when he tried saving his friend, felt the panic, then as his friend pulled him, the terror he felt before he passes. I had gone into a trance when he gave me that experience. Afterwards, I thanked him for letting me see that, and asked if he was her spirit guide. Then I felt a hand rest on my shoulder and heard him say "I am for both of you".

It was an extremely emotional moment for me and my wife when I told her about it. That session helped us both through the rough time we were having.

So let's hear some more experiences.
Shiloh
Kassandra

Re: Anyone else a medium? Post your most memorable session.

Post by Kassandra »

Hi, and welcome to the board. I think the real question, as far as what I've seen here at least, is "who's not a medium here?" lol Thanks for sharing your touching story about your father-in-law. Hope things are going well for you now. I don't really have any specific mediumship session stories to share; it's kind of just a way of life for me, whether I like it or not.

SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I agree with Kassandra. I've never entered a trance, but those "Hello! I have a message! Pass it along!" moments are just everyday things. One memorable one though, was with a guy I was dating about twenty years ago. I described his dead grandmother and her bedroom. Including her bentwood rocker. He was pretty freaked out. That relationship didn't last.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

SnowCat wrote:That relationship didn't last.
Lol. Yeah, I could see how this stuff might freak out the unsuspecting.
Kassandra

Mediumship Experiences

Post by Kassandra »

Oh wait, OK, I thought of something
(takes me a while sometimes, geez you guys keep me on my metaphysical toes)....

Title I gave this encounter:
"Meeting the Women of the Grinding Rock"

Summary:
Once, I visited a Native American acorn-grinding rock, a tourist attraction. It was a beautiful day, so I decided to meditate near the rock alone while the family hiked around. A big group of topless (that was the custom in this area) Native women of all ages materialized before me in my mind's eye. A little girl (really cute) slowly approached me with a jar of honey, smirking, then she backed away and stood with the rest of the group. A grey-haired woman, who I sensed was the lead elder of the group, had a mischievious sparkle in her eye, yet a serious face, and said to me, "Hey! Next time, maybe you need to sweeten up your words some! Better eat this before you talk next time, hehe." She said this to tease me about the argument I got into with my significant other on the drive to the location. They all laughed. I was a little embarrassed, but moreso amazed they knew about the argument.

Then, another cute little girl slowly approached me holding this beautiful necklace of whitish shell beads (considered money, and a gift the tribe traditionally gave visitors, brides, etc.). I saw it clearly clairvoyantly, each bead glowed with an amazing, etheric "light" to it, it was quit amazing. She gently placed it into my hands, then backed away into the group, just as the first little girl had. I looked looked down at it, and thinking, "wow." Then I projected a "thank you" thought telepathically to them all. They all smiled warmly. And after a moment, they projected a "good bye" vibe to me, Then, slowly their energy faded, until they disappeared, and I was alone again.

When my family came back a few minutes later, I had this dumbfounded, "uh...you will NEVER believe what just happened..." look on my face. It took me a moment or two to gather my wits enough to speak. The experience was funny, amazing and profound all at once, and very, very unexpected.

When I got home, to express gratitude to the Universe for the gifts, humor and wisdom of the Women of the Grinding Rock shared with me that day, I put several pennies in a small, empty honey jar I had laying around, and burned a little incense next to it. I still have the little jar with pennies in it.

Lesson I learned:
At any given time, even the dead can sense the quality of the energetic connections we make with one another, and quality, or lack thereof, of the activities and behaviors we exhibit here, so watch your steps at all times during your Earth Walk --you WILL be held accountable in some way.

This young woman is wearing several
"money necklaces," like I describe above
that the spirits gave me, so she might
have been a bride or something.
Most of the tribes in California wore
very little, if any, clothing most of the
year because of the temperate climate.
The ladies and girls in my vision
were all topless, which was normal
for their culture.

Title I gave this encounter:
"I Ain't No Jennifer Love Hewitt"

Summary:
I was meditating under a particular tree which to me feels peaceful and refreshing, but to some people feels spooky and "haunted" (figures). Three naked (again, that was the custom in this area), really skinny Native American guys appear before me in my mind's eye. They had piercings and tattoos and were kind of scary and intense, not meaning to be. They had messages for me. Afterward, I offered to cross them to the light, as I could sense they were still earthbound.

Shouldn't have done that. I got an earful, was lectured to for quite a while:

"What makes you think we want to go to the light? Why do all you people assume you know what's best for others all the time? We are the Guardians of this land. We are the Caretakers here. That is our function. We have always done this, and we will do this for time to come. You don't know the purpose and function of every single spirit you see, so do not make assumptions. 'The Light,' as you call it, is not for everyone. Some have work to do right here. Our work is very important to us...." etc. I wasn't expecting that. :shock: Not long ago I heard a medium on a radio show say that Native American spirits are very protective of the land. Man, she wasn't kiddin.'

Lesson I learned:
Spirit encounters don't always work out the way they do on "The Ghost Whisperer" show. In fact, learning metaphysics from contrived Hollywood-scripted programming, regardless how "based on a true story" it may be claimed to be, really isn't such a good way to educate one's self about spiritual matters. I don't recommend it!

The Guardians looked like this guy. They
actually were quite nice, offered to help
me with chakra knowledge, esp when I do
readings for people. This is because they
are "energy engineers," experts at their
job of correcting imbalances and redistrib-
uting energy, as needed, in any given envir-
onment. Sometimes this meant battling
dark entities, which is why they have to be
so tough. They are spiritual warriors. They
made a commitment to the land that they
take very seriously. They fear no one and
no thing.

HippieWitch

Post by HippieWitch »

That's very true. At the moment I live with my wife at my parents home. We are staying here temporarily to save up money to move to Idaho. Well, this house was built in 62, and there's a lot of spirit activity here. Shadow people, orbs, apparitions, you name it, it's prolly here. One spirit loves to mess with people. For example, the other day I was in the garage cutting some goddess figures on my scroll saw. I save all my scraps so they all end up on the bench. I started cutting the last one, and there piece of wood they were cut from was literally lifted up and tossed about 4 feet being me. Scared my wife but I just laughed about it. I've had my rings removed from my jewelry box and put in different rooms too. That spirit gets annoying sometimes. But, for me it's all fun. I enjoy the contact.

Their movement seems to pick up more when I'm depressed. Please don't judge me for this but I'm a cutter. Before this last time I cut, the spirits here were going crazy. When I did it was 72 cuts. Soon as I stopped, the was dead silent. Could be coincidence, but they may have known.
Shiloh
xXxGrigorixXx

Post by xXxGrigorixXx »

MM hippie witch, i'm probably the youmgest medium on the board i'm nearly 15 but getting messages from the dead is an every day thing for me, i'm a guide to children who have died and don't know where to go i've had some memerable experiences with them, probably the most memerable and the most painful is when my boyfriend Kevin was killed by a bus nearly two years ago .

He and his cousin John were walking across a zebra crossing this bus came outta nowhere and kevin saw it and pushed John outta the way but he was hit and killed 40 seconds later. and i had had premonition he was gonna die a few days before it happend and the i wake up on night and there he is sitting in bed next to me, it was horrible i felt everything he felt his skull being crushed everything and saw his own death through his own eyes. he stayed with me for about a week and then he crossed over. and only now have i started to talk about him, i never said a word about him after his funeral. :cry:
xXx~The Fallen ~xXx
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have found I really need to sit for awhile in a spot before anything "appears". My most powerful encounter was... We had an area on the trail out to our hill that we called the ectoplasmic corner. Every time we walked down this path it was like hitting thick sludge, the temp. went down about 5-7 degrees, there was a smell that I call the cemetery smell, and the air felt thicker and denser, the hair on the back of my neck would stand up every time, generally I rushed through this portion of the trail. It was usually near here where folks would catch "riders" that we would have to expunge on the spot.
Anyway....one night I decided to stay in this spot for a while, where I encountered 2 Native American braves from the Chumash tribe. They stood like sentinels on the sloping hill, they said not a word but let me know that we needed to leave offerings at this corner, and that they needed to make sure we were not there to do damage, and if we left them something they would let us pass through with ease. I suggested Apples from the sacred tree in the back yard, and they were good with that. Ever since then, we leave the offering, I speak a few words to the braves (even though I haven't seen them again) and we have not experienced the ectoplasmic sensation anymore.

Kassandra!!!! I do believe I have encountered the same group of people at Grinding Rock! I love meandering around the mock up village they have there, at one point, I was in the round house, when I sensed bunches of children running by to play in the gaming field. :D I wish I could go sit on the large grinding rock...that thing is amazing!! I love camping there.

Dear Grigori...It is good that you are able to talk about him. I have a feeling he stayed with you to make sure you were going to be ok...blessings to you...
xXxGrigorixXx wrote: he stayed with me for about a week and then he crossed over. and only now have i started to talk about him, i never said a word about him after his funeral. :cry:
I'm sorry Hippie, ...I just had to roll on the floor :lol: Is 1962 really considered old? oooo I'm in trouble. :(
HippieWitch wrote: At the moment I live with my wife at my parents home. We are staying here temporarily to save up money to move to Idaho. Well, this house was built in 62, and there's a lot of spirit activity here.
the activity may be attached to the land, more than your "new" house :P

No judgement here, but I think the frenzy of psychic activity is the the agitation of the tween space of life and death, a cutter needs to "feel" and if you are dead you probably don't feel. Those on the other side are freaking out wondering what your intentions are.
HippieWitch wrote:Before this last time I cut, the spirits here were going crazy. When I did it was 72 cuts. Soon as I stopped, the was dead silent. Could be coincidence, but they may have known.

Good topic Hippie
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

firebirdflys wrote:I encountered 2 Native American braves from the Chumash tribe. They stood like sentinels on the sloping hill, they said not a word but let me know that we needed to leave offerings at this corner
Guess the guardian types must be all over the land in this country. I had thought of leaving the three dudes some offering. But the County has since paved paradise and put up a parking lot there. Can't get to the tree anymore; it's fenced in a construction zone. Bet the construction guys are getting little "visits" by those guardian dudes, and don't know why strange things keep happening, hehe.

firebirdflys wrote:Kassandra!!!! I do believe I have encountered the same group of people at Grinding Rock! I love meandering around the mock up village they have there, at one point, I was in the round house, when I sensed bunches of children running by to play in the gaming field.
Yeah, they're (the spirits) a friendly bunch. There's a big pow wow the staff puts on every year. I've been meaning to go, but I keep missing it.

JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

I'm not sure I meet the definition of a medium, but I have sensed and communicated with spirits before. My most memorable time was the first.

It was years ago, before I was married. I was going out with the women who'd I'd eventually marry (and divorce, unfortunately). We were just sitting in the kitchen of her parent's house, the one she grew up in, talking. We were talking about something very run of the mill, and she suddenly grows serious and asks me if I'll think she's crazy if she tells me something unusual. I say no, and she proceeds to tell me she can talk to ghosts, and she talks to the women who was murdered in the house since she was little. My internal response was "oooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaay", but I didn't want to hurt her feeling so I acted like it wasn't anything too crazy. On a sidenote, I did know a few decades before her family owned that house a man beat his wife to death with a jackhammer.

Anyways, the conversation progressed and went to other topics, but shortly after I had a very unsettling feeling that someone was walking around me, and that they didn't like me in the least. At first I wanted to feel like I was just imagining things, but it felt so much like there was someone their that I started inadvertently following with my head where it felt like they were. After a few moments of that I looked back to Melissa, who had a very surprised look, and asked, "You can feel her too?!". I asked who, and she said the women who was murdered in the house.

We quickly left to go somewhere else, as I was rather freaked out. I wanted to feel dubious about the existence of anything paranormal, but there was no denying I felt something real. Melissa later explained that the woman was very protective of her, and especially didn't like any guys that she had dated.

I took me some time to come to terms with this experience, but it was the start for me into this sort of thing.
AncientSideEffects

Post by AncientSideEffects »

I have a few, my latest was about 3 or 4 months ago. My friends aunt was in the hospital. No one knew what was specifically wrong. I told him he needed to go see her. She was holding out to see him. A few days after he went she died. He hasn't looked at me the same since. Then again, I haven't seen him in a month.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Hippiewitch wrote:Please don't judge me for this but I'm a cutter. Before this last time I cut, the spirits here were going crazy. When I did it was 72 cuts. Soon as I stopped, the was dead silent. Could be coincidence, but they may have known.
If you have "crazy" spirit activity AND you feel compelled to cut yourself, I would strongly suspect that you have negative entities around you who are affecting your thoughts and emotions and encouraging you to self-harm. I think most people are unaware of the detrimental effect that disturbed/depressed/angry spirits can have on the living. Your depression would likely ease up some if you were able to move to a non-haunted house or find a way to rid your home of all these spirits. Here's an article on spirit obsession that might be helpful to you.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”